Uriels Next bad IDEA

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Uriel Tkarmminni

Uriels Next bad IDEA

Post by Uriel Tkarmminni »

The Dropouts: Cum Laude to Piracy

:: Detention Practical (staged and classroom/chat) learning:
o Gate mechanics
| •Wiki Gate Camps• | •Wiki Gate Intro• | •Wiki Timers• | •Wiki Stargates• | •Wiki Cloak Trick• |
o Docking mechanics
| •Class: Tethering• |
o Bookmarks on and around gates
| •Class: Bookmarks• |
o Hictors, Dictors, Tackle and Fast lockers
| •Class:Interdiction• | •Wiki Tackle 101• | •Wiki Tackling• | •Wiki Targeting• |

:: Suspension Practical learning with an actual gate-camp:
o Gate camp, with tackle, RSBo(oster)
| •Wiki Gate Camps• |
o Getting tackle, warping to watch list,
o Aggression timers, Cyno’s, and BAIT
| •Wiki Timers• | • Wiki Cynosural Fields (Jump drives)• |

:: Expulsion Practical: Roaming small gang:
o Roaming with fleet roles
| •Class: Fleets• | •Gohins Visual Guide (Nano Gang)• | •Rookies Guide to Fleet Ops• |
o Scouting and content creation
| •Resource: Eve Eye• | •Resource: Regional Zkill• | •Resource: Dscan for FC/Ping • | •Wiki Directional Scanning• | •Resource: Regional Dotlan• | •Resource: Eve Scout: Thera Map• | | •Resource: Gate Camp Check• | •EUNI Pathfinder• | •EVE UNI Listed 3rd Party Resources• |
o More advanced tackle
o Scanning and Vanguard scouting
o Overheating, Alpha, and Grid Movement

Hi friends!

Ive been working on a new project... Its taking more and more and more work as I try to build a "system" which brings players into the world of PvP as gradually as possible. I have been slowly hashing it out - working on fits, fleets, ops, and what the stages a player should/could go through to gain knowledge and proficiency. It is not a short road for the student, the teacher, nor any planner on the way.

I need your help! There are a TON of classes that meet (more or less) the objectives set forth in this 3 stage system. If you teach a class, or know a lot about a class for the aforementioned... please link it to me, message me, or something similar so I can assimilate it here. Of course Wiki articles will also get tossed in. The idea is to slowly work our way through these waves until we have an extra lethal dropout on our hands :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

P.S. If you don't like this, or don't have anything nice to say - go for a walk and don't hit submit. :smug:
Edits: 10/15/21 Add refs. Formatting. "Detention"
10/17/21 Add refs. Formatting. "Expulsion" --more to do
Last edited by Uriel Tkarmminni on 2021.10.18 17:14, edited 4 times in total.
Ferdinand II Echerie

Re: Uriels Next bad IDEA

Post by Ferdinand II Echerie »

Hey Uriel, I think this is a great idea! Ive got something to add though: test wargames on the sisi! With enough numbers, you can test practicals in a riskless environment. Let me know if this actually goes live!
Uriel Tkarmminni

Ferdinand II Echerie wrote: 2021.10.14 04:41 Hey Uriel, I think this is a great idea! Ive got something to add though: test wargames on the sisi! With enough numbers, you can test practicals in a riskless environment. Let me know if this actually goes live!
Yes. This is the way.

There is a ton which could be done on the Sisi side to coach up. For the Detention and possibly for some of the Expulsion phases, this type of practical with no risk could be very valuable. I'm hesitant to put too many practicals on sisi in the "suspension" phase...
Why?
Because many, many, many things are discussed and learned sitting on that gate in phase 2. Sitting on a gate is like PvP mining....Salt mining that is. The discussion usually covers tons of topics - which is fine - and a lot is learned. I want to encourage that, and for players new to PvP, a gate camp is a fresh new thing that gets them experience.
Uriel Tkarmminni

Updated some goodies. Still adding resources and cruising through some resources which I don't typically use; trying to familiarize myself in preparation for teaching classes/practicals on this. Any help with any of these items is welcome - just please be constructive...there is a lot of work going on in the background, and I may bite your head off if you insult my baby... :)
Uriel Tkarmminni

Added in game event @1700 on 10/19/2021 for a meetup to discuss the first portion of this class. I will pass along a document and it'll be a short/open discussion to select/prune objectives.

Mumble and a browser window are all that is required. A test class, and regular classes; will soon follow based on feedback and additional work/polish.
Zeeroak Ool
Title: FC Team Manager, Senior FC

Re: Uriels Next IDEA

Post by Zeeroak Ool »

Suggestion: add a practical on combat probing and punting
Holdma Drill

Post by Holdma Drill »

I saw the event @1700 on 10/19/2021 in the calendar, I don't have the experience to add to this but I definitely look forward to more PvP classes/events in uni! This looks like a great setup and very interesting.

Edit: I just thought of this: it covers a lot of the roles in a fleet, but I don't see something about leading/fc'ing a fleet. Some info/practice would be cool since I think that is quite a hurdle for new players.
Laden Kanenald

Post by Laden Kanenald »

I love this idea and look forward it!

It might make sense to include an extra PVP fitting lesson for stuff that's not covered in the classes for the specific roles.
Uriel Tkarmminni

Looks like I'll be moving this class to the right a couple days. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Galixa

Post by Galixa »

Uriel
Your bad idea is so BAAAAD it's great. This is exactly the type of content and learning that I would really enjoy and get into.
14th cylon

Post by 14th cylon »

this sounds awesome and i definitely want in!
Gryff Jones

Post by Gryff Jones »

Excellent, thank you for sharing!
skippy Kanjus

Post by skippy Kanjus »

This is the exact kind of stuff I am hoping to get experience with at the moment. Let me know as you get some events scheduled!
Uriel Tkarmminni

Class Doctrine:

DOCTRINE
RLML Caracal T1/T2,
Required Support Craft
RamJag
Sabre and/or Flycatcher
More advanced Support craft:
Scythe(Preferred Logi),
Osprey(Logi),