Alpha-2-Omega Abyssals Day 0 & Beyond!

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Uriel Tkarmminni

Alpha-2-Omega Abyssals Day 0 & Beyond!

Post by Uriel Tkarmminni »

Uriel's Uni Abyssal Track
Step 1
Uriels Uni Abyss (Abyssal Tracker)
Uriels Uni Abyss (Eve Workbench)
VIDEO GUIDE | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMNtXslqQgY
Initial Investment: 1.3 Million isk
Recorded Average Return Rate: 20-25 million isk per hour

This skill list is provided for a NEW toon (player) with the 1,000,000 Skill point "invite a friend" bonus. Caldari empire is recommended. This (and subsequent LVL 5) skills provide a good base for the T0 Tristan "Uriels Uni Abyss".

Code: Select all

Gallente Frigate I
Gallente Frigate II
Gallente Frigate III
Shield Operation I
Small Projectile Turret I
Light Drone Operation I
Drone Avionics II
Drones II
Drones III
Drones IV
Drone Durability I
Drone Durability II
Drone Durability III
Drones V
Drone Interfacing I
Drone Interfacing II
Drone Interfacing III
Drone Navigation I
Drone Navigation II
Drone Sharpshooting I
Shield Operation II
Shield Operation III
Shield Compensation I
Drone Sharpshooting II
Drone Sharpshooting III
Shield Management III
Shield Management IV
Shield Compensation II
Thermodynamics I
Thermodynamics II
Drone Avionics III
Drone Durability IV
Drone Interfacing IV
Drone Navigation III
Drone Navigation IV
Drone Sharpshooting IV
Light Drone Operation II
Light Drone Operation III
Light Drone Operation IV
Shield Operation IV
Shield Compensation III
Light Drone Operation V
Shield Compensation IV
Step 2
Uriels Uni Upgraded (Eve Workbench)
Initial Investment: 15.3 million isk
Recorded Average Return Rate: 25-28 million isk per hour (100% survival rate!)

Steps 1 & 2 of the my abyssal track are designed for Tranquil Electrical Filaments. We call these "T0 Abyssals". They're a great way to be introduced to the abyss. I have given many of these ships out with very positive results. Please be thorough in your studies before you go into the abyss. Watching the video guides will help you quite a lot. I also recommend you read the abyssal tracker website links where provided. I have writeups available on those pages. I also welcome any player to join my in game chat channel "RPR-Abyss" where this information is stored in the Message of the Day, along with a pool of players who have been happy to help with any questions. Abyssal lurkers may also help; but my fits are not tied to their community.

Step 3
URIELS-ELECTRICAL-WORM-PLEX 'ER (Abyssal Tracker)
URIELS-ELECTRICAL-WORM-PLEX 'ER (Eve Workbench)
VIDEO GUIDE | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zmpR0IlWXQ&t
Initial Investment: 51.3 million isk
Recorded Average Return Rate: 40-50 million isk per hour

Step 4
Uriels-Upgraded-PLEXr (Eve Workbench)
Initial Investment: 53.8 million isk
Recorded Average Return Rate: 45++ million isk per hour (Upper 90's Survival Rate!)

Step 3 & 4 of my abyssal track are designed for Calm Electrical Filaments. We call these "T1 Abyssals". This is the next progression after "graduating" from the Tristan. I once again recommend you be thorough in your studies, and also have completed some T0's in the Tristan fit before beginning here. Many of you will be able to fly the step 4 fit right away, as well as afford it, however I advise you at least jump from Step 2, to Step 4, after having completed dozens of T0's. The jump can be a shock for the first time for pilots.

Step 5
*Warning This is not a good starting point without having read ALL of the information on this fit, watched its video guide, or completed at the VERY LEAST steps 2, and 4 previously.
Uriels ePLEX T-4 (Abyssal Tracker)
Uriels ePLEX T4 (Eve Workbench)
VIDEO GUIDE | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cl6psTRfRw&t
Initial Investment: 315 million isk
Recorded Average Return Rate: 100+ million isk per hour (Upper 90's Survival Rate)

The Gila fits can and probably SHOULD be ran on lesser filaments untill you get the hang of things. I don't care how good you think you are. I've seen "elite PvP'ers" die plenty of times taking this fit and thinking "PvE is too easy". If you don't have the names of your kill priority list memorized - don't understand the fits weakness, or don't know the structures and weather in the abyss by heart...you shouldn't begin here.

Step 6
*warning DO NOT START HERE. DO NOT!!
Uriels ePLEX T5 (Abyssal Tracker)
Uriels ePLEX T5 (Eve Workbench)
VIDEO GUIDE | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haf4nk-V_OU
Investment: 900+ million isk
Return Rate: 175-250 million isk per hour

Thank you to anyone who read and/or looked over this.

EDIT: Added Step 6.
o7
Last edited by Uriel Tkarmminni on 2021.06.14 18:13, edited 2 times in total.
Zokushi

Re: Alpha-2-Omega Abyssals Day 0 & Beyond!

Post by Zokushi »

Gallente Frigate I
Gallente Frigate II
Gallente Frigate III
Shield Operation I
Small Projectile Turret I
Light Drone Operation I
Drone Avionics II
Drones II
Drones III
Drones IV
Drone Durability I
Drone Durability II
Drone Durability III
Drones V
Drone Interfacing I
Drone Interfacing II
Drone Interfacing III
Drone Navigation I
Drone Navigation II
Drone Sharpshooting I
Shield Operation II
Shield Operation III
Shield Compensation I
Drone Sharpshooting II
Drone Sharpshooting III
Shield Management III
Shield Management IV
Shield Compensation II
Drone Avionics III
Drone Durability IV
Drone Interfacing IV
Drone Navigation III
Drone Navigation IV
Drone Sharpshooting IV
Light Drone Operation II
Light Drone Operation III
Light Drone Operation IV
Shield Operation IV
Shield Compensation III
Light Drone Operation V
Gall Gadot

Post by Gall Gadot »

Did you go right from T1 Electrical abyssals in the Worm to T4 in the Gila? No intermediate steps?
Uriel Tkarmminni

Gall Gadot wrote: 2021.04.24 00:48 Did you go right from T1 Electrical abyssals in the Worm to T4 in the Gila? No intermediate steps?
I personally did - yes.
It is perfectly plausible to run T3's until you are more comfortable with the system. I personally ran T4's and T3's in a mixture early on to get rid of old keys. Upon finishing the T3 keys I had, I ran exclusively the T4E's... Every once in awhile I'll get a few T3 keys saved up and do a short run through them...

When starting out with the Gila; testing on SINGULARITY, or running lower tiers (2? 3?) can help. The important part is having your eyes/recognition of structure, weather, and enemies (for kill priority) be fast enough to process & react. Once your eyes are ready, it will be simple for you.

There is no shortcut. You will need dozens of runs to get acclimated to reacting to the differing conditions and spawns of the abyss. IF your eyes are NOT ready - don't try to move on. Just because you can sit in it, doesn't mean you should fly it.
Gall Gadot

Post by Gall Gadot »

Uriel Tkarmminni wrote: 2021.04.25 02:12 I personally did - yes.
It is perfectly plausible to run T3's until you are more comfortable with the system. I personally ran T4's and T3's in a mixture early on to get rid of old keys. Upon finishing the T3 keys I had, I ran exclusively the T4E's... Every once in awhile I'll get a few T3 keys saved up and do a short run through them...
So the Worm (Uriel's-Upgraded-PLEXr) is good up through the T1 Electricals, then Gila beyond that? I have run a couple dozen T0 Electricals with no issues; kind of boring, actually. I decided to run a T1 Electrical and ended up in 50% hull in the first room. I thought I'd die in the second room, but managed to make it through the whole thing alive. The surprising part, for me, was that the T1 took 8 minutes and paid out only 3m isk. I can run T0s in just about 4 minutes and they pay generally about 2m isk. So I went back to T0s for efficiency. Maybe I just had a bad RNG roll in that T1, though.
When starting out with the Gila; testing on SINGULARITY, or running lower tiers (2? 3?) can help. The important part is having your eyes/recognition of structure, weather, and enemies (for kill priority) be fast enough to process & react. Once your eyes are ready, it will be simple for you.
Yeah, the Gila and anything beyond T1 is a ways down the road for me.
Just because you can sit in it, doesn't mean you should fly it.
Oh, so you've seen my Helios losses on my killboard, eh? :) I learned the "can doesn't mean should" lesson pretty quick a while back.

Thank you for putting this guide/fittings up. Very educational and gave me something else to try. Greatly appreciated!
Uriel Tkarmminni

Gall Gadot wrote: 2021.04.25 15:29
So the Worm (Uriel's-Upgraded-PLEXr) is good up through the T1 Electricals, then Gila beyond that? I have run a couple dozen T0 Electricals with no issues; kind of boring, actually. I decided to run a T1 Electrical and ended up in 50% hull in the first room. I thought I'd die in the second room, but managed to make it through the whole thing alive. The surprising part, for me, was that the T1 took 8 minutes and paid out only 3m isk. I can run T0s in just about 4 minutes and they pay generally about 2m isk. So I went back to T0s for efficiency. Maybe I just had a bad RNG roll in that T1, though.
Great question. Yes the Worm for T0/T1 (I don't think I actually ever ran a T0 in it...but I'm very confident it can do it). As for the 3m isk roll, that was bad luck. As a general rule you will find the average earnings of abyssal tiers neatly doubles on its way up from Tier to Tier. The average Frigate abyssal T1 electrical profit is documented at 5.96 million per run at the time of this post. The average isk/hr of the Electrical PLEXr is at 44 million isk per hour at the time of this post. While the Tristan; Uriels Uni Abyss is at 26 million isk per hour at the time of this post. Your mileage will vary based on your experience level in each ship, and abyss type & tier. My personal findings were that the Worm approached 60 million isk per hour at my most efficient, and around 40 million isk per hour when I was/am "off".

Please take note that ANY PLAYER MAY ADD RUNS TO THESE FITS. Therefore the data is QUICKLY becoming representative of the Abyssal / Uni communities success / failure and not of my own. Thus these rates are EXPECTED to change up and down moving forward. I spent quite a lot of time collecting enough data to help normalize the averages in an attempt to give a fair expectation of earnings in these ships.
Gall Gadot wrote: 2021.04.25 15:29Oh, so you've seen my Helios losses on my killboard, eh? :) I learned the "can doesn't mean should" lesson pretty quick a while back.
I didn't look at your killboard. I hope you didn't feal slighted by this sentence, I certainly did not mean it that way. Although I did reply to your post; that statement was an at large announcement. There are many places in Eve where overshipping and underskilling is detrimental. I don't know of a place where it will be more punishing than the abyss.
Gall Gadot wrote: 2021.04.25 15:29 Thank you for putting this guide/fittings up. Very educational and gave me something else to try. Greatly appreciated!
You're quite welcome. I'm glad to see yourself - and more - join the abyssal community. Be careful though - it gets addictive! :twisted: :twisted:
Gall Gadot

Post by Gall Gadot »

Uriel Tkarmminni wrote: 2021.04.27 21:21 Great question. Yes the Worm for T0/T1 (I don't think I actually ever ran a T0 in it...but I'm very confident it can do it). As for the 3m isk roll, that was bad luck. As a general rule you will find the average earnings of abyssal tiers neatly doubles on its way up from Tier to Tier. The average Frigate abyssal T1 electrical profit is documented at 5.96 million per run at the time of this post. The average isk/hr of the Electrical PLEXr is at 44 million isk per hour at the time of this post. While the Tristan; Uriels Uni Abyss is at 26 million isk per hour at the time of this post. Your mileage will vary based on your experience level in each ship, and abyss type & tier. My personal findings were that the Worm approached 60 million isk per hour at my most efficient, and around 40 million isk per hour when I was/am "off".
Appreciate the insight and detail. I'll go back and try more T1s when I get some time. Hopefully with better RNG rolls. :)
I didn't look at your killboard. I hope you didn't feal slighted by this sentence, I certainly did not mean it that way. Although I did reply to your post; that statement was an at large announcement. There are many places in Eve where overshipping and underskilling is detrimental. I don't know of a place where it will be more punishing than the abyss.
Wasn't slighted in the least. I didn't really think you had looked at it. My response was more a self-deprecating commentary on my propensity for injecting skills to fly specific ships/fittings that I don't (or didn't) have the skills to pilot masterfully. As a newcomer, Eve seems purposefully designed to entice players to try things they really aren't ready for. And teaches an important lesson in the process. Sometimes, like in my case, repeatedly. lol
Uriel Tkarmminni

The next class in relation to this content will be on May 3rd at 1700. Click here for more details on the class
Irving Farnham

Post by Irving Farnham »

So, I'm not terribly great at this, and your comment about fly-by-checklist pleases me, so I'm making up a knee-board. Please let me know if you have any feedback or if I'm totally wrong about something.

Post-Fit (once per ship):
  • Set up two groups, Strike/CAP and Damaged (names are arbitrary)
  • Set Strike/CAP to launch group (right click on group name and make favorite)
Pre-flight:
  • 8 Acolytes
  • 1,000 rounds EMP S ammunition (see notes)
  • Nanopaste
  • Ensure Acolytes and ship in good repair
Pre-operation:
  • Check drone passive/aggressive settings
  • Check drone abandonment warning engaged
  • Assign Acolytes to Strike/CAP
Pre-jump:
  • Check thermals / disable overheat
  • Reload cannon
  • Recover all drones
  • Damage Assessment and Repair (Check drone status, re-evaluate groups, repair components)
Post-jump, Abyssal:
  • Note enemy, objective, and weather
  • Avoid/approach towers as appropriate while generating transverse motion
  • Engage enemy
Post-jump, Realspace:
  • Check local/overview for immediate threats
  • Select exit point and engage afterburner and warp
  • Disable afterburner after one cycle

Reference:
Launch strike group: Shift+F
Engage: F
Recall to orbit: Shift+Alt+R
Recall to bay: Shift+R

Note:
1,000 rounds, 240 loaded 760 in bay, takes up less than two cubic meters, and provides four loads per gun, or in excess of 20 minutes of continuous fire at 20 rounds per minute. As this would cover an entire 20 minute run with continuous fire, and the canon are secondary weapons, this seems sufficient.
Uriel Tkarmminni

Irving Farnham wrote: 2021.05.01 23:52 So, I'm not terribly great at this, and your comment about fly-by-checklist pleases me, so I'm making up a knee-board. Please let me know if you have any feedback or if I'm totally wrong about something.

Post-Fit (once per ship):
  • Set up two groups, Strike/CAP and Damaged (names are arbitrary)
  • Set Strike/CAP to launch group (right click on group name and make favorite)
Pre-flight:
  • 8 Acolytes
  • 1,000 rounds EMP S ammunition (see notes)
  • Nanopaste
  • Ensure Acolytes and ship in good repair
Pre-operation:
  • Check drone passive/aggressive settings
  • Check drone abandonment warning engaged
  • Assign Acolytes to Strike/CAP
Pre-jump:
  • Check thermals / disable overheat
  • Reload cannon
  • Recover all drones
  • Damage Assessment and Repair (Check drone status, re-evaluate groups, repair components)
Post-jump, Abyssal:
  • Note enemy, objective, and weather
  • Avoid/approach towers as appropriate while generating transverse motion
  • Engage enemy
Post-jump, Realspace:
  • Check local/overview for immediate threats
  • Select exit point and engage afterburner and warp
  • Disable afterburner after one cycle

Reference:
Launch strike group: Shift+F
Engage: F
Recall to orbit: Shift+Alt+R
Recall to bay: Shift+R

Note:
1,000 rounds, 240 loaded 760 in bay, takes up less than two cubic meters, and provides four loads per gun, or in excess of 20 minutes of continuous fire at 20 rounds per minute. As this would cover an entire 20 minute run with continuous fire, and the canon are secondary weapons, this seems sufficient.
This is PERFECT! Thanks! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Irving Farnham

Post by Irving Farnham »

I have prepared a single, double sided page designed to be printed and folded in half, providing quick reference in flight in a small form factor while providing detailed information when not on mission. Lamination or plexiglass boards allow for their re-use with dry-erase markers. Of course that makes refolding the page a problem. In this case two single sided prints, folded and laminated as 8.5x5.5 or A5 is likely a better choice. I find 8.5x11 or A4 too large, but another version could be made if required.

This version is superseded.
UriAbyssalKneeboard.pdf
Abyssal Kneeboard
(47.17 KiB) Downloaded 746 times

Please provide any feedback or let me know if this sort of thing is useful in other roles.
Last edited by Irving Farnham on 2021.05.06 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Arin Mara »

The Sheet looks lovely :) What did you use to make it?

I'm slightly puzzled as to why the checklist has elided Insurance and Clone checks. ;)
Irving Farnham

Post by Irving Farnham »

Thank you. I used LaTeX, in particular the tcolorbox package.

And they're missing because I didn't think of them! I'll add them to a new revision later today.

Edit: Especially since I ran a fleet today and forgot insurance. It worked out, but still.
Irving Farnham

Post by Irving Farnham »

I have updated the kneeboard to include the insurance and clone state checks. Thanks, Arin Mara!
UriAbyssalKneeboardV2.pdf
Updated Version, insurance and clones
(47.2 KiB) Downloaded 708 times
Uriel Tkarmminni

Added a new piece to the system:

Step 6
*warning DO NOT START HERE. DO NOT!!
Uriels ePLEX T5 (Abyssal Tracker)
Uriels ePLEX T5 (Eve Workbench)
VIDEO GUIDE | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haf4nk-V_OU
Investment: 900+ million isk
Return Rate: 175-250 million isk per hour