A noo(w)b way to make ISK fast (if begging is permitted)

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Jav Zelezny

A noo(w)b way to make ISK fast (if begging is permitted)

Post by Jav Zelezny »

Hi all,

this story has 2 versions:

1) I thought this all up because I'm smart :roll:
here is what you do:
- find yourself a wormhole with a lot if traffic and kills (use zKillboard for this, for example J145440 (https://zkillboard.com/system/31000868/)
- board a low value ship (a velator will do) and fit it with a cheap mining module
- enter the wormhole and scan for an ore site
- (assuming you found an ore site) start mining
- wait a couple of minutes...bam, you're death and your clone gets reactivated in your home station
- board another velator like vessel
- go back to your WH space and try to recover your wreck
- wait a couple of minutes...bam, you're death and your clone gets reactivated in your home station
- open a personal chat with the guy that killed you twice
- type: "ok, I get it now, you're a great warrior who just destroyed my last ship. Do you have any tips on how to get a new one?"
- most probable answer: "before entering WH space, you should lookup the WH number in zKillboard to see if there has been a lot of kills recently"
- your answer: "thanks sir, I remember that for in a couple of months after a saved up to buy a new ship"
- most probable answer: "hey dude, don't be sad, we live here and kill everything that enters our space, here's a couple of million ISK to get you started again
- your answer: " thx again"

2) I'm a real noob and got 50 million ISK by doing the above because I'm a real noob. Thanks to Taylor Nolen (Micron Technology) for the generous donation

Happy begging,
Jav
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

Re: A noo(w)b way to make ISK fast (if begging is permitted)

Post by Laura Karpinski »

Its always a good idea to speak to people who have killed you if possible, to find out what they did and what you could do better next time. Sometimes those people are kind enough to replace your ship if they realise you are a new player.

But going out with the intention to lose your ship and then beg for ISK is scamming and against EVE University's rules. Please don't do that in future - there are loads of far more fun and reliable ways to make ISK.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Arin Mara »

The Wiki provides a lot of information about how you can make ISK:
  • Ernesto Guevarti made a helpful New Player Guide they kept up to date to this very day
  • Getting Started in EVE Online is also a great page, similar in style to Ernesto's
  • the Careers lists all the different way of making ISK. On the absolute bottom you'll find scamming and theft which Laura talked about :)
  • if all else fails, try search through the Getting Started category and see if anything peeks your interest
I admit that finding these pages is very difficult. It is partly because EVE University fears vandalism and so only Directors and Managers can edit the Main Page, partly because the Main Page portal space is already highly contested and partly because making a top tier page about ISK making is very very difficult.

Fly safe! :) Wormholes are rather dangerous even if they are inhabited by people with good intentions!
Faelare Solette

Post by Faelare Solette »

Yeah not one for scamming people. but I found the best way when I started was using the free venture and transport. I would mine common ore then sell it till I had enough to buy ammo blue prints, after that just manufacture the ammo and sell it on the market. been doing that for a while now and I haven't gone wrong.
ANormalPie

Post by ANormalPie »

you should not beg again.
Dr Jekyl l

Post by Dr Jekyl l »

ANormalPie wrote: 2021.10.28 08:31 you should not beg again.
My apologies for interjecting here, but people play Eve how they enjoy playing it. There are far less respectable activities in New Eden than that which was described in the OP. You have no authority to control what fellow Unistas do other beyond reporting issues which violate the E-Uni rules. Aka.. You not his momma!
Image Image
Jilokari Kurvora
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: CEO, The Architect, 24/7 Mental

Post by Jilokari Kurvora »

Dr Jekyl l wrote: 2021.10.28 10:23
ANormalPie wrote: 2021.10.28 08:31 you should not beg again.
My apologies for interjecting here, but people play Eve how they enjoy playing it. There are far less respectable activities in New Eden than that which was described in the OP. You have no authority to control what fellow Unistas do other beyond reporting issues which violate the E-Uni rules. Aka.. You not his momma!
He is indeed not his "momma" However, since this approach in my opinion can be construed as being dishonest and just ever so slightly manipulative I would say its covered under our "members are honest" rule.

tldr: No member should be actively begging, the University has numerous programs to help members make isk and indeed save it.

Jilo o7
Former CEO of EVE University
He/Him
Victyrael > Jilokari Kurvora: the choice of lighting is inspired as it neatly highlights both your avatar and the background without being obnoxious. Your pose artistically emulates someone popping into the office to check if anyone would like a coffee - this nicely highlights the intention to employ a 'serve to lead' mentality. The wardrobe choices are inspired; like the Top Gun franchise crashed into a prostate exam instructional video. 9.7/10.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ANormalPie

Post by ANormalPie »

sorry @Dr JekyI I but I was just advising him not scam anyone so that he won't be seen as a bad person(sorry but I'm bad with words)