Noob question - flying own race ships......

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Rutjosnabet Longworth
Title: Freshman

Noob question - flying own race ships......

Post by Rutjosnabet Longworth »

Ok, so I am of Minmatar race but the Gallente ships look soooooo coooool!

I understand that skill training allows you to fly other race ships, but does flying Minmatar ships as a Minmatar race give me inherent ship bonuses that I don't get flying the other ships in game?? Or is is just down to piling on those skill points?

Ruts
Rutty Po Po
Miner Extraordinaire
Ernesto Guevarti
Title: Sophomore

Re: Noob question - flying own race ships......

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Bonuses with a ship are entirely down to skills, race gives you nothing more than a starting set of skills. (Every character has the potential to fly everything in game equally well)
CCP Fozzie wrote:Killing dumb people is like 1/3 of EVE's gameplay
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
Stretch Anderssen

Re: Noob question - flying own race ships......

Post by Stretch Anderssen »

I also started as Minmatar, but have seen the light and converted to mostly Gallente ships. Starting as a particular race starts you with some of that race's skills, but you can easily learn the equivalent in other race's skills. In fact if you want to fly in E-Uni's fleet ships, the suggested "Short Skill Plan" will get you knowledge in all race's ships (but not necessarily pirates, ORE, Sisters of Eve, and all those other factions' ships). Reference the "Short Skill Plan" here:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Short_Skill_Plan