Easy ways to earn isk for a rookie pilot

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Auspur

Easy ways to earn isk for a rookie pilot

Post by Auspur »

Hello all,

Being new to Eve Online, what are some easy ways for a rookie pilot to earn isk? I am currently running distribution missions on an alt while I train my main character. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated. This is one of my first posts here.

Thank you
Mike Kingswell

Re: Easy ways to earn isk for a rookie pilot

Post by Mike Kingswell »

There is a multitude of ways to make ISK in this game so anything anyone tells you is also a personal choice.

That beign said (and it being my personal opinion ;) ):
Exploration is one of the easiest ways too make money fast in the beginning due to a really low entry bar in skills and isk investment.

I shall use this to shamelessly plug my upcoming class tomorrow that deals with Exploration:
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 2&t=119413
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Owain abArawn

Post by Owain abArawn »

I would suggest mining. Mining is the basis for all commerce in EVE (Well, most of it). Don't refine it. Sell the ore. If you compress it, even a Venture can carry a lot of ore if you are transporting it for the best price. Otherwise, sell it locally. I think the HSC buyback program buys ore. If not, just check the market in either Amygnon or Juffitte.
Kurros Vacarian

Post by Kurros Vacarian »

Mining, Exploration, and Ratting are good.
Vorian Alversson

Post by Vorian Alversson »

There’s also the Project Discovery minigame.

While not a replacement for playing EVE, it does net you almost 100k ISK per entry once you get your accuracy maxed out. Good way for a starting newbro to get a few extra T1 frigates and modules. And you can do it while traveling (at least through hisec :) ) or mining.
“If this goes badly and I make a crater, I want it named after me!” -- Iain M. Banks, Against A Dark Background
Dinah Arsten

Post by Dinah Arsten »

+1 on Exploration. I particularly like that you get an education in how to survive in LS or WH as you explore. I learnt a lot from exploring from HSC into the LowSec loop around Agoze, as well as making plenty of ISK.

-Dinah
ImageImage
Infinilo OvO

Post by Infinilo OvO »

Abyssal deadpsace is good isk though it takes time to get the ships (this is my preference btw)
billy89

Post by billy89 »

I just made another alt and I have him huffing gas clouds. It doesn't take long to fit and you make 30mill to 60mill per venture load.
Owain abArawn

Post by Owain abArawn »

Everything makes isk. Explore all possibilities and don't just concentrate on one approach. That way lies burn out.

Mine, and sell the ore. Run missions. Salvage wrecks. Sell modules you salvage or manufactor. Explore. And on and on...
Dr Jekyl l

Post by Dr Jekyl l »

Here is one that I don't think has been covered yet. Watch streams (or just open and mute them) enter giveaways and claim rewards on twitch. May not be your style, or it may be something you enjoy.
Image Image