Easy ways to earn isk for a rookie pilot

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Auspur

Easy ways to earn isk for a rookie pilot

Post by Auspur »

Hello all,

Being new to Eve Online, what are some easy ways for a rookie pilot to earn isk? I am currently running distribution missions on an alt while I train my main character. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated. This is one of my first posts here.

Thank you
Mike Kingswell
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Re: Easy ways to earn isk for a rookie pilot

Post by Mike Kingswell »

There is a multitude of ways to make ISK in this game so anything anyone tells you is also a personal choice.

That beign said (and it being my personal opinion ;) ):
Exploration is one of the easiest ways too make money fast in the beginning due to a really low entry bar in skills and isk investment.

I shall use this to shamelessly plug my upcoming class tomorrow that deals with Exploration:
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 2&t=119413
Teaching Manager
Image Image Image Image
Owain abArawn

Post by Owain abArawn »

I would suggest mining. Mining is the basis for all commerce in EVE (Well, most of it). Don't refine it. Sell the ore. If you compress it, even a Venture can carry a lot of ore if you are transporting it for the best price. Otherwise, sell it locally. I think the HSC buyback program buys ore. If not, just check the market in either Amygnon or Juffitte.
Kurros Vacarian

Post by Kurros Vacarian »

Mining, Exploration, and Ratting are good.
Vorian Alversson

Post by Vorian Alversson »

There’s also the Project Discovery minigame.

While not a replacement for playing EVE, it does net you almost 100k ISK per entry once you get your accuracy maxed out. Good way for a starting newbro to get a few extra T1 frigates and modules. And you can do it while traveling (at least through hisec :) ) or mining.
“If this goes badly and I make a crater, I want it named after me!” -- Iain M. Banks, Against A Dark Background
Dinah Arsten

Post by Dinah Arsten »

+1 on Exploration. I particularly like that you get an education in how to survive in LS or WH as you explore. I learnt a lot from exploring from HSC into the LowSec loop around Agoze, as well as making plenty of ISK.

-Dinah
ImageImage