The Invasion reaches it's Zenith

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Virgilia Coriolanus

The Invasion reaches it's Zenith

Post by Virgilia Coriolanus »

So I read the news today. The Invasion reaches it's Zenith: https://www.eveonline.com/article/qgswu ... its-zenith

Some nice clothes. But more importantly a little note at the end:
In further news, EDENCOM has released a statement urging all Capsuleers who currently live in systems conquered by Triglavian forces to relocate and find a new home immediately. The following systems are currently affected:
This sounds rather ominous! Given that each station in such system is surrounded by insta pop death turrets that splat you, my 2 cents go to the system is permanently lost to the Trigs. And they will become a faction somehow.

I don't know how to feel about that, yet. What do you think?
Arin Mara

Re: The Invasion reaches it's Zenith

Post by Arin Mara »

I'll assign the following probabilities:
* 89% that both the Triglavians and EDENCOM become a Faction and that each one establish at least three Corporations
* 10% that nothing happens
* 1% that the Jump Gate Wormholes malfunction and cut off systems from the rest of the Empires
Arin Mara

Post by Arin Mara »

My 1% prediction may come to light. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Quote from Manuel Scotti:
"What we are seeing across the gate network is a novel phenomenon but we know from the Selene Incident, Caroline Star, Metaliminal Storms and archeological evidence of ancient catastrophes it is possible for powerful effects to cascade through the gate network or cause wide-scale wormhole instability. Ultimately, in order to protect the wider network we might be forced to disconnect gates leading to Triglavian held systems."
Virgilia Coriolanus

Post by Virgilia Coriolanus »

Yeah that video is insane. I wonder how this would pan out eventually.
Cassiel Seraphim
Title: Speaker of Truth, Timelord, Graduate

Post by Cassiel Seraphim »

Since they wanted to "reshape" the world, it would be weird if they didn't start messing with the existing gate connections. I don't think they'll stop at merely converting some systems, I think they'll mess with the gate network itself somehow too. Perhaps cut them (triglavian systems) off now, which seems likely from the Scope video, then have another event where we all help build new stargates for the empire.
Arin Mara

Post by Arin Mara »

It's getting worse!

First, I heard Zorya whispering into my ear as I was hacking a Data Site.
Then, my login screen displayed a Triglavian logo instead of the Zenith image.
Then, the EVE Launcher background launcher image was replaced by the Triglavian logo.
And now, the EVE Launcher gallery was replaced with a Triglavian Logo. I also received an email with the subject TOTALITY: REALIZED...

Should I prepare for the Gate network to change on the 13th? Isn't that a bit soon?

I wonder what the Arataka Research Consortium has to say about this...
Ca'ain

Post by Ca'ain »

Now that this has happened and the systems are now in abyssal deadspace anyone go back to get your things?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Arin Mara

Post by Arin Mara »

I can't imagine having to evacuate assets from Pochven even if I were a Triglavian sympathizer. The Wormholes to Pochven are rare and are often guarded by Drifters and Sleepers.

I thankfully didn't have any asset in any System that came under Triglavian siege.