Survivig Invasions (all hail the new Overlords!)

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Varvax

Survivig Invasions (all hail the new Overlords!)

Post by Varvax »

So yesterday I was trying to complete one of the carreer missions (yes, 1000% newbro here) and the Triglavians (all hail the new Overlords, may they reign supreme!) were invading one of the systems I had to go through. I figured I was small fry enough to be ignored by our new rulers, but as soon as I appeared on the other side of the stargate I got pummeled so badly that even my clone was killed.
The question here is I've been reading of auto warp and auto dock / undock from stations and am wondering if there is some kind of tactic that will allow me to capitalize the few seconds of invisibility I have when crossing a stargate. I have like a measly Merlin with a microwarp and I'm alpha.
Anleala Strejka Schadowena

Re: Survivig Invasions (all hail the new Overlords!)

Post by Anleala Strejka Schadowena »

2s align time is possible. But that requires skills. Even then, I don't know that much about the Triglavians and how fast they can target.

There is also the Cloak/MWD trick if your ship is capable.

I just asked the same question in Rookie help channel. Was told to scout out the system in a pod first with a disposable clone (use clone jump & travel to system) so you don't lose any valuables (implants, ship, etc.). However, if you have any training accelerator implants, you have to wait 24 hours before jumping back into that clone.

That's the best I can offer.
Reikei n'Treivan

Post by Reikei n'Treivan »

If you jump to a clone in the same station as you, it doesn't incur a 24 hour cooldown. So the advice is to dockup, swap to a clone in the same station, scout it out, and then come back and switch back into your good clone and ship. This can be pretty pricey if you're in an NPC station though.

Another tool is to use the gatecamp checker on your route to see if there have been any recent kills at gates: http://eve-gatecheck.space/eve/
Marius Labo
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Marius Labo »

Reikei n'Treivan wrote:If you jump to a clone in the same station as you, it doesn't incur a 24 hour cooldown.
Some clarification on this, the no-cooldown will only occur when jumping between clones in the same Upwell "player-corp owned" station, such as Citadels, Engineering Complexes, and Refineries. Within NPC stations you will incur the 24-hour cooldown (less with each skill level trained in Infomorph Synchronizing).
Anleala Strejka Schadowena

Post by Anleala Strejka Schadowena »

I don't know about the jump cloning at the same station.

However, another solution - though time consuming if traveling through multiple unsafe systems in a row....

1. Hop on an alt on same account - having a 2nd account is better *can't use alpha account at same time as Omega account*
2. Scout the system with the alt, if safe...
3. Log on to primary character and jump in

Not the best solution by far.

Having 2 Omega accounts with one acting as a scout, is much easier.

Sorry I don't have a better solution.

As for align times in my OP? I wasn't clear about that. In gate camps, having sub-2.0 second align time allows one to warp out fast. Better if in an interceptor that can ignore warp bubbles.

Then there is the MWD/Cloak trick which is 50/50. You can look that up on EVE Uni.