Good way to get salvage?

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Immortal Reaper

Good way to get salvage?

Post by Immortal Reaper »

So i recently picked up some BPOs for station rigs but the amount of salvage needed to make them is a lot. I'm new to salvaging wrecks and was curious as to where would be the best places to get the most salvage.
Gergoran Moussou

Re: Good way to get salvage?

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Jita.
9th CCI medalist

Armond Lemmondt

Post by Armond Lemmondt »

Another good way would be to bookmark some of your PVE combat exploits, and reship for salvage, a Catalyst seems like a good starting salvage ship.
Waruiru

Post by Waruiru »

You may wish to check the sales volume of station rigs. Do many sell or will you be waiting a long time? High volume goods with lower per peice profit may end up making more and avoid cash flow problems.
Stretch Anderssen

Post by Stretch Anderssen »

One way of finding salvage is to create it yourself. I find that ratting in asteroid belts not only helps the local miners concentrate, it also generates quite a bit of salvage afterwards. Rougher areas mean larger rats and better salvage. You might even be able to make a deal with some miners (pay "protection" money or raw resources) to keep the rats off their backs while they are mining.
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

Aside from combat - Relic Sites provide salvage. Check with your friendly neighborhood explorers.
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Skirmish FC, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
billy89

Post by billy89 »

You could see with local mission runners if they are not salvaging there wrecks. I know personally I don't mine. But yes making wrecks on your own would be the best.
Owain abArawn

Post by Owain abArawn »

Running Security Missions and exploring archeological sites. Running missions grants an additional side effect of awarding Loyalty Points that can be used to buy things in the loyalty point store for the corp providing the missions.
Vinus Eura

Post by Vinus Eura »

"back in the day" I used to salvage other peoples L4s for some quick money. Usually just did 60/40 split or something, but that was before MTUs. Not sure if its still a thing.
ANormalPie

Post by ANormalPie »

If you want to get good salvage, find a big enough wh corp or join the whc.

Ask your corpmates if you can snatch their wrecks.

This method doesn't offer continuous wrecks tho.