Salvaging after incursions

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Sivaira Chen

Salvaging after incursions

Post by Sivaira Chen »

Greetings!
I am ratting and salvaging in Derelik high and low sec. Recently there has been a high-sec incursion in a constellation nearby, and I am considering salvaging the Sansha Incursion wrecks after a fleet goes through them. Can someone explain to me how I am supposed to do that?
Cassiel Seraphim
Title: Speaker of Truth, Timelord, Graduate

Re: Salvaging after incursions

Post by Cassiel Seraphim »

Incursions are gates (with the exception of scout sites which are not worth it and nobody runs), in that when you warp to a site you land on an acceleration gate (just like missions and faction warfare complexes etc). Some of the higher level sites like headquarter sites, can have multiple gated rooms. You can find the sites themselves as celestial beacons in the overview, names and different tiers of the type of sites can be found on the wiki -- Incursion sites.

The beacons disappear when the site is finished by the occupying fleet but the acceleration gate does not. While the site is being ran the Incursion rats will probably target and destroy your ship frequently enough that it'll be an issue. If you want to do this, I would recommend you follow a fleet, stay on the acceleration gate until the fleet finishes the site (you'll see them disappearing on your directional scanner and the beacon disappearing). Once they are done, you warp in and start salvaging. Be aware that in some sites the fleets will leave Incursion rats alive that are not needed for completion. Take note of which type of site and avoid those if you warp on grid and find yourself surrounded by some stragglers.

That said, I don't actually recommend this activity because it's just not good salvage. Incursion rats are tech one salvage and even if you follow fleets doing headquarter sites (with a higher amount of battleships for relatively better salvage compared to other type of sites) it's not a very lucrative activity.

At the end of the day what I consider good enough is of course subjective, but I would highly recommend you consider opportunity costs if you want to do this. Even if you want salvage in the end, it might be better to do just about anything else for ISK and buy the salvage you need.
Akira Zendragon

Re: Salvaging after incursions

Post by Akira Zendragon »

Expanding a bit on Cassiel's "just about anything else for ISK", If it's just for the ISK, consider joining our Incursion fleets as a scout/hacker, for example.

It's a fairly simple job, but a valuable one, and we pay for that job - 500k isk per site, per member. We usually run fleets of 10-11, so about 5M isk every 10 minutes is a good estimate.

Or, for that matter, if you can fly any of the battleship fits listed here https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Vanguard_Incursion_fits, and have the minimum skills listed here: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Preparing_for_Incursions, you're more than welcome to join us. We have loaners for several of the T1 battleship fits listed in the wiki.
Incursions Officer
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage