How to use Jump clones without cooldown

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Bendak SK

How to use Jump clones without cooldown

Post by Bendak SK »

I've heard people suggest that if you switch to a jump clone which is in your current station, there is no cooldown.
However, I'm doing just that and I'm still getting a cooldown.

So what is the key to jumping clones without cooldown? If at all possible.
Marius Labo
Retired Director
Retired Director

Re: How to use Jump clones without cooldown

Post by Marius Labo »

It would be within the same Upwell structure, so Citadel, Engineering Complex, or Refinery (the player-corp owned "stations") that have a powered clone bay installed.
Cariq
Title: Sophomore

Post by Cariq »

Bendak SK wrote:I've heard people suggest that if you switch to a jump clone which is in your current station, there is no cooldown.
However, I'm doing just that and I'm still getting a cooldown.

So what is the key to jumping clones without cooldown? If at all possible.
If you're switching because of implants, what I do is click on the Clone Bay icon within the station view (right side of the screen) to install a Jump Clone, and then go to my character screen with the Clones to click Jump. I don't get cooldowns when doing this, I think it's really important to do this between a training clone and a PvP clone.
Graduate, Former Titles Officer, Former Personnel Officer
In Rust We Trust
  • EVE wormholer & miner; former DUST514 Unista
  • Mine all the places. Active at AMC, WHC, NSC, & HSC.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bendak SK

Post by Bendak SK »

Cariq wrote: If you're switching because of implants, what I do is click on the Clone Bay icon within the station view (right side of the screen) to install a Jump Clone, and then go to my character screen with the Clones to click Jump. I don't get cooldowns when doing this, I think it's really important to do this between a training clone and a PvP clone.
So this is what I'm doing and I'm still getting the 24 hour cooldown.
Marius Labo wrote:It would be within the same Upwell structure, so Citadel, Engineering Complex, or Refinery (the player-corp owned "stations") that have a powered clone bay installed.
Im doing this in LSC at the Fedmart Retail Center. Is that not a player owned station then? How do I determine if it's player owned?
Ernesto Guevarti

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Bendak SK wrote:Im doing this in LSC at the Fedmart Retail Center. Is that not a player owned station then? How do I determine if it's player owned?
That is an NPC-station, you need to use the Structure Browser to find an Upwel structure with a clone bay.
CCP Fozzie wrote:Killing dumb people is like 1/3 of EVE's gameplay
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
Chruno

Post by Chruno »

Bendak SK wrote: Im doing this in LSC at the Fedmart Retail Center. Is that not a player owned station then? How do I determine if it's player owned?
FInd one of these: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Upwell_structures

You should also be able to tell from your overview - NPC stations are grey squares, and these will still use your jump clone timer even if it is within the same station. Note the subtle difference between 'station' and 'structure.' There are a number of other differences. Upwell structures allow you to 'look outside' and you should be able to see the owner, which is not an NPC corp. Or just ask in your local campus where is a good place to clone hop.
Bendak SK

Post by Bendak SK »

Okay thanks everyone. I think I found an upwell structure in the same system. I won't know if I'm right until tomorrow though.
Cariq

Post by Cariq »

Bendak SK wrote:Okay thanks everyone. I think I found an upwell structure in the same system. I won't know if I'm right until tomorrow though.
I would check out the LSC structures nearby in Archavoinet. I have a jumpclone in Centre of Excellence.
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Low-Sec_ ... d_Stations
Hope that helps! Jumpclones are keen.
Graduate, Former Titles Officer, Former Personnel Officer
In Rust We Trust
  • EVE wormholer & miner; former DUST514 Unista
  • Mine all the places. Active at AMC, WHC, NSC, & HSC.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage