Changes to Diplomacy

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

Changes to Diplomacy

Post by Laura Karpinski »

Changes to Diplomacy & Alt Corp Standings

As part of the overall restructure of EVE University we are changing our policy on blue request.

Traditionally, any group can request a Non-Aggression Pact (NAP) and be set to +5 standings to Ivy League as long as there are no previous incidents that would prevent a good relationship with Ivy.

Going forward, while any group can request a NAP and be set to +5 standings to Ivy League, we will only accept if it is mutually beneficial to both parties.

How can I get Blue Standings?

If you are a current member of EVE University, and looking to gain blue standings on your alt corp, there are 3 ways you can achieve this:
  • For corporations without structures, their corporation can be added to the Ivy League alt alliance
  • For corporations with structures, requesting your alt corp be set to +5
  • For individual alts, you can add your alternate character to the EVE University Hall of Residence
FAQ

Why did Eve Uni change the NAP policy? There are currently over 1,800 standings set to Eve Uni. This has become problematic on a couple of levels. We continue to hit our top limit of the number of standings an alliance can hold and it also makes keeping track of standings very difficult when you have this many.

Why are we doing an alt alliance? It enables us to do ONE blue standing for most Uni alt corps and characters. It will simplify the process for our diplomacy team. It will also make it much easier for staff and students to be able to actually keep track of actual blues vs uni alts.

What do I do if I am already blue to Eve Uni? We will be resetting ALL standings in the next few months. Please see this post to see how to apply for the Alt alliance.

What if my alt owns structures? If you own structures that will not allow you to apply, there must be a mutually beneficial reason for your alt corp to reapply for blue (does your corp have structures or services used by the general Uni population, does your alt corp provide benefits to one of the campuses, Is your alt needed by one of the departments in Eve Uni?).

Will this cost anything to me? If you join the Uni alt corp with a character, it will have a 0% tax rate. It will cost you nothing. If you join with a corp, there is a 2 mill a month corp fee charged by CCP to the alliance. You will pay 24 mill isk to the alliance (which is the corp fee for a year).

What if my alt corp leaves before the year is over? We will send the unused portion of your corp fee back to you.

What if my corp has structures but only myself or a few people use it? The method most people will use for this, is to pull the one or two characters from your corp that you need to have blue to the Uni and place them in the alt alliance. You can then use those characters to pass things back and forth to your corporation.

How do I apply for the alt alliance or re-apply for blue standings? You can go to this forum post and follow the directions or you can also find these links in the "Diplomacy (EVE Uni)" chat channel in game.

Will the alt corp or alt alliance be at war? The alt corp and alt alliance will not be war dec eligible, as neither will have any structures. No corps in the alt alliance is allowed to deploy structures for this reason.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Re: Changes to Diplomacy

Alt Alliance

ALL standings will be reset in November. Please make sure your characters or corps have moved to the alt corp/alliance with the directions below. We strongly recommend that you apply to the alt alliance by October 15th to give us time to process your application. We ask that if you do not NEED your corp, that you apply on your characters to Eve University Hall of Residence. There will be 0% taxes to the alt corp.

To bring in an alt character:
*Fill in this form
*Wait for an invite to "EVE University Hall of Residence"

To bring in an alt corp:
*You must have a Sophomore title in game to be able to bring an alt corp into the alliance.
*Fill in this form
*Have your alt corp apply to "Ivy League Alt Alliance" in game (see post below with a demonstration on how)
*Send 24 mill isk (1 full year of payments for the alliance’s corp fee charged by CCP) to "EVE University Hall of Residence", which is the executor corp of the alliance. This will be a yearly fee. Make sure to add the name of your corp to the "Reason" line.
*Go to your Corp tab in game, under Home> Details, at the bottom, check to make sure your "Structure Transfer" is set to "Reject Structure Transfers".
**Update 2023**
Faction warfare must be turned off. This is done by unticking each faction under Direction Faction Enlistment, Wars tab in your corporation from the Neocon.

Faq and Rules:
*Only Eve-Uni members are allowed to bring alts/alt corps into the alt alliance (you will be responsible for anyone in your corp).
*If you leave Eve-Uni, your characters/corps will be removed from the alt alliance.
*The corp fee is what the alliance pays to CCP for each corp. Eve Uni does not make a profit from this.
*If your corp is removed before the year is over, we will refund your unused portion of the corp fee.
*Our alt alliance will have the same blues as Eve Uni. (once we reset everyone)
*No structures are to be deployed while in the alt alliance.
*You will not aggress any blue entities.
*Neither you nor your members will do anything that would bring Ivy League or Ivy Alt Alliance into disrepute.
*If you have to be removed for bad behavior/ deploying structures, you may be removed without notice and will not receive any refunds.

Blue Standings

We will be resetting all blues in November. Please make sure to have your new standing request in by October 15th. There will be a few days in November that your alliance/corp may be neutral while we reset everyone. We will send notification to the contact for your corp several days ahead of time.

To apply for blue standings with your alliance/corp:
*Fill in this form
*Wait for a member of the Diplomacy team to reach out to you.
*Please remember, we will only set blue standings if it is mutually beneficial. All other standing request will be denied. Please make sure that you let us know how your corp/alliance benefits from being blue and also how Eve Uni benefits from being blue to your corp/alliance. If your standing request is for a department, please note that on the form and let us know what director/manager that we can confirm this with.

**Update 2023**
If you are a structure owner please make sure Eve Univesity blues having docking access.
You can find an ACL on "University Voice" Bio ingame for an ACL you can use if you wish.
Last edited by Danielle en Divalone on 2020.12.22 06:43, edited 4 times in total.
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Max Tsero

Post by Max Tsero »

Here's a GIF showing how to apply to the IVY-A alliance from an Alt Corp. It's NOT intuitive :-)

To quickly locate the alliance, once you've clicked "Show All" click on an entry in the list and type "Ivy" on your keyboard.
Lazy good for nothing slacker who resigned his staff roles...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Want a custom signature? EVEMail: John Silverfox
Kiuna McGullygosh

Post by Kiuna McGullygosh »

Hallo,

i have an PI alt in WHC who does PI production for me. If i do like this

For individual alts, you can add your alternate character to the EVE University Hall of Residence

the alt will by member of EVE University Hall of Residence and therefore a war declaration to IVY League would also apply to her, i think.

My former corp Clear Skies GmbH has requested blue standing to EVE University/Ivy League two years ago. Is it possible to regain blue standungs withount becoming a member of an alliance by rerequesting them?
The members of this corp support me especially when EVE University is wardecced (e.g. by moving incursion ships around or hauling materials for my jobs in production management).

Regards Kiuna McGullygosh
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Kiuna McGullygosh wrote:the alt will by member of EVE University Hall of Residence and therefore a war declaration to IVY League would also apply to her, i think.
The alt alliance and alt corp are war dec immune as they will have no structures.
Kiuna McGullygosh wrote:My former corp Clear Skies GmbH has requested blue standing to EVE University/Ivy League two years ago. Is it possible to regain blue standungs withount becoming a member of an alliance by rerequesting them?
The members of this corp support me especially when EVE University is wardecced (e.g. by moving incursion ships around or hauling materials for my jobs in production management).
If your corp has no structures, apply to join the alt alliance. If it does have structures, apply for blue standings (and you will need to show this is mutually beneficial).
Hirmuolio Pine
Title: Wiki Curator, Graduate

Post by Hirmuolio Pine »

Will the alt corp alliance have any extra alliance benefits?
Access list things mostly I think. Docking rights, bookmark folders and other things like that.
I know some UNI structures that do not currently provide docking rights to neutrals or even +5 people.

Also will the alt alliance be set to +5 or +10? This can have tax differences on UNI structures.
Danielle en Divalone
Director of Student Administration

Post by Danielle en Divalone »

Hirmuolio Pine wrote:Will the alt corp alliance have any extra alliance benefits?
Access list things mostly I think. Docking rights, bookmark folders and other things like that.
I know some UNI structures that do not currently provide docking rights to neutrals or even +5 people.

Also will the alt alliance be set to +5 or +10? This can have tax differences on UNI structures.
The Alt alliance will be +5 (the same as it currently is).

Benefits would be that your alt will have all the same standings as your main. Any blue moving forward, will need to blue both our main and alt alliance. Any structures that current +5 members have access to, you will have the same access in the alt alliance.

If there are structures you feel Uni alts should have access to but do not currently, please send me or one of the other diplo's a private message (here, discord, or in-game), we can take a look at it and get with management to see if this can be changed.
Image Image Image Image What? Where am I? Where is my shoe?
Urban Oxide
Title: Wreathe or Bust, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Urban Oxide »

Excellent change :headbang:
Kiuna McGullygosh

Post by Kiuna McGullygosh »

Hello all,

it is sufficient for an PI alt in WHC, which is member in a corp with blue standings to EVE Uni, that the Alt's corp join the "Ivy League Alt Alliance" to keep his current 7.5+ standing? Or should the PI alt leave his current corp and join the "EVE University Hall of Residence"?

Kiuna
Danielle en Divalone

Kiuna McGullygosh wrote:Hello all,

it is sufficient for an PI alt in WHC, which is member in a corp with blue standings to EVE Uni, that the Alt's corp join the "Ivy League Alt Alliance" to keep his current 7.5+ standing? Or should the PI alt leave his current corp and join the "EVE University Hall of Residence"?

Kiuna
Either way will work. If you need your corp itself blue, that it will probably be better to bring the alt corp in, but if you just made the alt corp to get blue standings, it would probably be easier to join the Hall of Residence.
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

Does this mean that OOC alts we use during war time for hauling and as valet alts etc, will now have to be affiliated with E-Uni?
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance
Danielle en Divalone

Spanky Ikkala wrote:Does this mean that OOC alts we use during war time for hauling and as valet alts etc, will now have to be affiliated with E-Uni?
For people's personal alt haulers, it will be up to them to decide if they wish to join the alt alliance or not. If your alt hauler is mainly used in high sec, chances are you do not need to be blue. Most E-Uni structures are open to neutrals and E-Uni does not attack neutrals in high security space.

We also have an amazing free hauling service that you are able to use to get things moved around as well. https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewforum.php?f=293
Ernesto Guevarti

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Danielle en Divalone wrote:
Spanky Ikkala wrote:Does this mean that OOC alts we use during war time for hauling and as valet alts etc, will now have to be affiliated with E-Uni?
For people's personal alt haulers, it will be up to them to decide if they wish to join the alt alliance or not. If your alt hauler is mainly used in high sec, chances are you do not need to be blue. Most E-Uni structures are open to neutrals and E-Uni does not attack neutrals in high security space.

We also have an amazing free hauling service that you are able to use to get things moved around as well. https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewforum.php?f=293
If you were only hauling for yourself I'd agree, but a lot of people valet to help out and having that blue standing is a decent indication that you are who you say you are, which is important as trust is the collateral that is usually used for this (you can't use courier contracts, as people can't valet the ships like that and you can't fit them in a bowhead if they are wrapped).

While this is important for alts of unista, I think its even more important for the many alumni (and their alts) who are involved with things like incursions, and given the way things are written up in those first posts it does not look like blue standing is something that most casual but helpful alumni can get.

Additionally, having your hauling alt either in Hall or the associated alliance, also seems to stick a big flag on them, personally I'm not sure I'd want that for mine.
Danielle en Divalone

Ernesto Guevarti wrote:

If you were only hauling for yourself I'd agree, but a lot of people valet to help out and having that blue standing is a decent indication that you are who you say you are, which is important as trust is the collateral that is usually used for this (you can't use courier contracts, as people can't valet the ships like that and you can't fit them in a bowhead if they are wrapped).

While this is important for alts of unista, I think its even more important for the many alumni (and their alts) who are involved with things like incursions, and given the way things are written up in those first posts it does not look like blue standing is something that most casual but helpful alumni can get.

Additionally, having your hauling alt either in Hall or the associated alliance, also seems to stick a big flag on them, personally I'm not sure I'd want that for mine.
*Please remember, we will only set blue standings if it is mutually beneficial. All other standing request will be denied. Please make sure that you let us know how your corp/alliance benefits from being blue and also how Eve Uni benefits from being blue to your corp/alliance. If your standing request is for a department, please note that on the form and let us know what director/manager that we can confirm this with.
As stated, if there are reasons for the blue, you just need to sign up for a blue standings again. Just make sure you give a reason for needing it.
Abraham Schereau

Post by Abraham Schereau »

I am feeling dumb. What is 'NAP'?
Image Image Image Image Image