We are all mass murderers

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
James Finnan
Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics
Title: Director of Logistics

We are all mass murderers

Post by James Finnan »

Satyrical take on the game
Think about this for a second.. We all die. A LOT

Every time we lose one of these ships there are hardworking average people who werent gifted with the ability of becoming a capsuleer.
They have wives, husbands, sons, daughters and friends and we throw them away like pieces of trash..

Don't even get me started on how many people must die when a citadel goes boom, those were sold to the masses as homes in the sky. a better life off world, and we use them as our sandcastles, we pound them into ash and space them...

i don't have much further to go with this i just thought that we should maybe all think about it...... #crewlivesmatter
Insomniac - Former Former NSC Officer - Master Of Sausages - Hauling Officer? - Inadequate Clorper - Director Of Logistics
unstable unit
HSC Manager
HSC Manager

Re: We are all mass murderers

Post by unstable unit »

First.

Shame the crews don't have tiny corpses for me to collect. That makes me sad.
Image Image Image Image
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Destroyers have one of the lowest survival rates. Minmatar ships tend to be on the higher end of crew size. One of the most killed ships in the game is a Minmatar destroyer the Sabre. Used almost as expendable ammunition in fleet engagements of any size in Null-Sec. Not very durable, but a priority target.
Former E-Uni FC (LSC/WHC).

Leia Minmatar

Post by Leia Minmatar »

NPC ships have larger crew compliments. Missioners make hundreds of ships explode in a couple hours of missioning, way more than any single PVP pilot would. Therefore mission runners are the real genocidal maniacs :shock:
Who is Grygr?
Robert Benden

Post by Robert Benden »

When it comes to the accompanying music, I like this version better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQEfxhvAy0c
DEIRF Waxwing

Post by DEIRF Waxwing »

Here's a source for that table.

I don't think that website cites any sources, and most other places I found just cite this site. I don't know much about lore at all. Does anyone else here know where these numbers come from?
Aed Akiga

Post by Aed Akiga »

I love both music suggestions, but I think there something much more appropriate for this solemn topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp32TigGfZk
Thaeyn

Post by Thaeyn »

Never thought these ships we were flying about were crewed by anything but our capsuleer clone brains plugged in to them, would also love to see the source of this, or if it has been confirmed by CCP.
Milspecc

Post by Milspecc »

I agree. The new player experience shows the Frigate powering up and flying off as the capsuleers pod gets energized by the ship.