Tom's Shuttle (Short Photo Essay)

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Amoni Panala

Portrait

Post 2019.10.31 22:00

Tom's Shuttle (Short Photo Essay)

Metagame Info
SPOILER WARNING!
Tom's Shuttle is a very rare and difficult to scan down lore/easter egg item found in a combat site that appears randomly in one instance for a period of time throughout New Eden. The combat site is titled, "Space Oddity" as a tribute to David Bowie. I don't know David Bowie from Adam, never got into his music and haven't had the inclination to start now. All the same, I found this site absolutely mesmerizing. There is nothing to shoot at you and nothing to shoot (I didn't feel like trying to shoot the little Zephyr).

In the cold of space, there are many strange and beautiful things to be found in every jump through a stargate; every warp to a deadspace pocket a chance for discovery. In wormholes, I have found that there are so many wonderful and terrifying things from long forgotten ruins of a people who have gone from New Eden to Drifters with ships that will tear yours from stem to stern in heartbeat. In this haunting region of space, EVE University Wormhole Campus came upon something spectacular.

A tangled mass of energy, spatial distortions, and radiation piercing into the visible spectrums of light. This alone was something of a marvel. There were no Sleepers, no Difters, and nothing to harvest, mine, or hack. It was completely barren... Except for that little Zephyr. The Zephyr is a prototype exploration vessel, a relic from times long gone. This one was special.

The only information that could be found about this stranded kite in the wind was that it was registered as "Tom's Shuttle." It's not a designation I'm familiar with, but whoever Tom was he has since departed his space-faring journey.

How did you end up here, tiny explorer? So fragile, so elegant. My Stratios-class cruiser, Medusa, dwarfs this minuscule vessel even though it is hard to capture just how this leaf on the wind is brushed aside by even the calmest of westerly breezes.

With its sails unfurled as if to soak in every iota of the sun's bright gleam, I can still see it in the distance as I continue my survey of the wormhole. Farewell, Tom's Shuttle and may the wind be always at your back.

I know my voice is in the baritone range, but I promise you I am 100% lady.
Killboard
<<

Julien Alaphilippe

Portrait

Student Advocate
Student Advocate

Post 2019.11.01 17:54

Re: Tom's Shuttle (Short Photo Essay)

Nice post!

We were discussing this rare event on Mumble last night during Psychotic's Halloween party.
Fantastic to see it pop up on the forums the next day and such great photos too.

Thanks
Image ImageImage Image
Orientation Officer ------------------------ Student Advocate

Return to EVE Discussion