FLEET UP closing down.

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

London 1941

Portrait

Post 2019.10.23 21:50

FLEET UP closing down.

Was following the LSC instructions for joining that campus (yea, I read the archives .... has taken a bit to find the clues ...) but as part it recommends joining FLEET UP.

Notice is as follows ...

October, 16th 2019 - So long and thanks for all the pews...
Deep down I knew this day would come. I always imagined it might be through ill health or EVE being shut down or something like that. Turns out the reality is somewhat more logistical and boring. The reality is that over the past couple of years Fleet-Up has become less financially and time viable. The revenue from adverts and donations has begun to dwindle to under half of the monthly hosting costs - let alone my time spent supporting plus the cost of tools and related services. Historically I have always seen my time and money as a worthwile investment as I was so heavily involved in the game itself, however, more recently I have found it to be a draw on my funds and time.
Fleet-Up started back in 2012 as an idea. Through the support and help of friends / users it grew into a large and well-used application. In the early days the service was used mainly by Noir Mercenary Group in order to organise and plan our operations. Over time more users started adopting the system at at it's height the service had in the region of 50,000 active users. I really never expected or hoped the service to get that big. It was really humbling.
I've wrestled over the decison for some time and have decided I have to be honest with myself that Fleet-Up is now an expense I cannot afford. To this end the service will be turned off in a few days time. Apologies, I don't have a specific date because it depends a little on hosting arrangements.
Thanks...
<<

Che Galtor

Portrait

Post 2019.10.24 13:02

Re: FLEET UP closing down.

Thanks for noticing, fortunately we're aware of this for a longer period and are transitioning into "something else".
Once all is on place the Wiki will be updated accordingly.
"To boldly go, where others have gone before!"

Eve University Senior Personel Officer and member of the WHC

Return to EVE Discussion