Aether Wars Test Event

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Shauny Tsero

Portrait

Mentor Manager
Mentor Manager

Post 2019.08.18 17:56

Aether Wars Test Event

Hey Gang!

I thought it would ge a good idea to have a central place where those of you that performed in the Phase 2 test in the Aether Wars.

WHAT IS EVE AETHER WARS PHASE TWO? - As seen HERE

In partnership with CCP Games, EVE Aether Wars: Phase Two is the next stage in the ground-breaking tech demo that brought together 3,852 players in a single battle and saw the destruction of 88,988 spaceships live at Game Developers Conference earlier this year!

CCP also streamed this test on Twitch which can be found on their channel HERE.

Please do post your feedback, thoughts, etc. here for all to share. As this is being posted in the public part of the forum this means if CCP asks for feedback we can send this link to them. Keep it clean too as per Uni Rules.

Mentor Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage
<<

B'aldrick Aivoras

Portrait

Fleet Command Course Manager
Fleet Command Course Manager

Post 2019.08.18 18:43

Re: Aether Wars Test Event

Gameplay aside which was fun but wouldn’t keep me playing for long!

I found it a bit laggy. It was better than being in large fleet fights in EVE where imho TiDi makes it a nope for me. Given it was cloud based and essentially a FPS demo, I hope it scales for the slower pace of EVE given server ticks

The discord channel they use is very salty and not PG so enter at your own risk.

FCC Manager
|
Graduate | Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Martin Vanzyl

Portrait

Post 2019.08.18 19:03

Re: Aether Wars Test Event

This test had a much more EVE feel to it.

You could choose to be in the Worm, Gila or Rattlesnake at login.

Objective was to collect Zero Point Condensate that appeared in the form of dark clouds. You pressed 'R' while running your ship through the cloud.

PVP was involved by left clicking on another ship, which caused a target lock portrait to appear in classic EVE fashion in the top left corner. Your ship automatically starts shooting a missile at it, every 3/4 seconds. Killing a ship carrying ZPC lets you scoop its ZPC if it had any.

Dying caused you to lose all ZPC and back to login screen. The main idea was to finish the event with as much ZPC in your hold as possible.

Ship controls were more complex this time. Though it had me really wishing I had a flight stick. Though it really gave me the feeling of playing Freelancer. For the youngins... that's this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NFl8Yn7guE
EVE University Mentor - Teacher - WHC Camper - FCC

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

FCC - Fleet Command Course

Return to EVE Discussion