Mumble for two

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Alleycat Meza

Portrait

Post 2019.08.14 15:09

Mumble for two

I have one account with Eve Online. My first character is a member of Eve University. This is my second character who has applied for membership to Eve University. As part of the application process, I need to create a Mumble account for this character. I already have Mumble set up for my first character and every time I open Mumble I get logged in under my first character's name.

I need to access Mumble under this character's name. I have looked around in Mumble and online, but I do not see a specific set of instructions to accomplish that objective. I have downloaded the set up wizard for Mumble but I am reluctant to use it thinking it will overwrite my first character. Any help would be appreciated.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Post 2019.08.15 10:11

Re: Mumble for two

When you add a server to Mumble, like EVE University, you enter in a username.

So go to Server and click the Connect... option to see the list of servers. Now you can copy your existing EVE University server entry and make a duplicate where you change the Username to your alt's name and adjust the label so you can tell the two apart.

(example of what it looks like)

You can then setup shortcuts (if you're on Windows) for each character with this:
  Code:
mumble://voice.eveuniversity.org/?title=EVE%20University%20(Cassiel)
<<

Alleycat Meza

Portrait

Post 2019.08.16 12:24

Re: Mumble for two

[quote="Cassiel Seraphim"]When you add a server to Mumble, like EVE University, you enter in a username...

Thank you, Cassiel. That worked perfectly.

Return to EVE Discussion