Bad data on Uniwiki page

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Nuke Cherenkov

Portrait

Post 2019.08.05 05:35

Bad data on Uniwiki page

Not sure how else to send this message but the Abyssal page, https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Abyssal_Deadspace, has bad info on the resist profiles of the rats. They basically have it reversed. This was a problem with the way the data was interpreted early on so several references got it wrong. For instance in the Rogue Drone Battleship table it says the best damage to deal to the Twilit is kinetic but that is actually its strongest resist. Suitonia has a great article: https://suitonia.wordpress.com/2018/05/ ... the-abyss/ where he says "The Twilit has uncharacteristic significantly higher armor kinetic resistances than the other drone battleships, so beware". See also: https://forums.eveonline.com/t/garrys-g ... s/80214/28 , this one of the other sources of incorrect info.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2019.08.05 14:34

Re: Bad data on Uniwiki page

Ah you might be right, at a quick skim the uni wiki does appear that it might be incorrect if someone gets the chance to look at it in more depth and tweek it that would be great, i'm just going to feed the baby now tho

but i do have a gift for you :D
A spreadsheet cause we all love spreadsheets https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =244135671

There is alot of info on that spreadsheet so there is bound to be a tiny mistake here or there but for the most part ive been using that spreadsheet for a long long time now, Disclaimer not my sheet i acquired it <3

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Edhin Delphiki

Portrait

Post 2019.08.05 16:52

There is a forum group just for Wiki reported discrepancies: Wiki

This may attract more attention in this forum, but Turlough's spreadsheet will help in the interim. =)

For the who manages the wiki, you can find that information here: Wiki Department

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Rayanth

Portrait

Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post 2019.08.06 01:42

Fixed it - thanks for reporting!
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est
<<

Rayanth

Portrait

Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post 2019.08.06 01:43

Edhin Delphiki wrote:There is a forum group just for Wiki reported discrepancies: Wiki

This may attract more attention in this forum, but Turlough's spreadsheet will help in the interim. =)

For the who manages the wiki, you can find that information here: Wiki Department

Warm Regards,
Edhin

Unfortunately, the Wiki forum is (currently) only accessible to members of EVE University, so OP cannot see it.
<<

Nuke Cherenkov

Portrait

Post 2019.08.06 04:05

Thanks for the quick update. My spreadsheet gives different results since I use a weighted average of all three resist and hitpoints, whereas the numbers on the page for the Rogue Drones (ones I had time to check) seem to refer to resists for only shields (mostly) ? For instance the Benthic Abyssal Overmind has a recommendation to use EM which is the shield hole (T second) but the armor hitpoints are more than twice the shield and the lowest armor resist is Kinetic/Thermal (structure is flat). The secondary recommendation is explosive which is in the middle somewhere. My spreadsheet says to use Thermal as the best compromise with EM as the worst. Is my thinking flawed to use a weighted average approach? Or for simplicity pick based on what has the highest hitpoints?

Wiki comments, the Rogue Drone Battleship table implies it is the natural resists but:
Benthic - EM is best for shields, worst for armor and have >2x armor hitpoints. Wiki says EM/Ex
Hadal - EM is best for shields, worst for armor and have almost 2x armor hitpoints. Wiki says EM
Bathyic - EM is best for shields, tied with worst for armor and have >2 armor hitpoints. Wiki says Ex/EM
Twilit - EM is best for shields, in the middle for armor and have slightly more armor. Wiki says T/Ex
Photic - EM is best for shields, worst for armor and have about the same hitpoints. Wiki says EM

Where did these recommendations come from?
<<

Rayanth

Portrait

Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post 2019.08.16 20:55

Sorry about delayed reply... They don't let me out in Public very much so i wasn't watching this forum, again.

I'm not sure what the origin of the data on that page is - there have been several major editors of it over the past year since it was created. Hirmuolio Pine is one of our Wiki Curators and has had a hand in some of that page, I can reach out to him if you'd like.

Also, since you now have a forum account, you can edit the Wiki as well - just use your forum credentials as the login for the Wiki and it should let you right in, and you'll have edit permissions on most pages that are not specific to Eve University itself. So if you think there's better info that can be put on that page, you're very welcome and even encouraged to edit it! (You can reach out to me via PM here or in-game if you need help with wiki-editing basics.)
<<

Rayanth

Portrait

Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post 2019.08.17 01:20

trying to answer the earlier question, at a quick glance it seems the assumption of best damage/resist may have been inverted as a result of the way the numbers are displayed on an NPC in the game client data files, as extracted by Hoboleaks, et al.

Example, for the new Recon triglavian frigs, they have a resist profile in the files as follows:

Code:
Armor EM Damage Resistance: 0.49
Armor Explosive Damage Resistance: 0.64
Armor Kinetic Damage Resistance: 0.51
Armor Thermal Damage Resistance: 0.6
Shield EM Damage Resistance: 1.0
Shield Explosive Damage Resistance: 0.5
Shield Kinetic Damage Resistance: 0.6
Shield Thermal Damage Resistance: 0.8
Structure Kinetic Damage Resistance: 0.67
Structure Thermal Damage Resistance: 0.67
Structure Explosive Damage Resistance: 0.67
Structure EM Damage Resistance: 0.67

I confirmed this with the Hoboleaks author, as well as a friend testing fits to kill these new triglavians -- a shield resist of 1.0 does not mean 100% resist, it means 0% resist. These numbers are actually a damage multiplier upon the damage received by the target. So this NPC frigate above has shields that are weak to EM (it takes 100% of the damage dealt with EM) rather than strong to it.

(However this particular group of triglavians has much more armor HP than shield, and their armor is weak to explosive. So it'd be best to focus on explosive damage - possibly thermal)

Anyway, my suspicion is that OP was correct - the numbers were 'misinterpreted' and this is how. Will need to find the numbers for all of the trigs to go back and compare on the triglavian pages.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Post 2019.08.17 17:02

I don't think people misunderstood the resistance multiplier being different from the presented resists ingame. I think they just either forgot to consider that armour and hull might have different values than shield, or thinking you only had to check the resists for shields and the rest was negligible despite discrepancies between hit points.

What I do personally is that I just calculate ehp (per damage type) and sort it after that, much like what Nuke Cherenkov seems to do. Because it's unrealistic to assume people can effectively change damage types for shield, armour and hull and take advantage of every single resist hole per layer.
<<

Sivaira Chen

Portrait

Post 2020.05.05 22:50

There are quite a lot of pages that seem to have bad info. The "Wiyrkomi Head Engineer" that supposedly doesn't spawn anymore still spawns.

Return to EVE Discussion