Daily login rewards

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Silix Valyn

Portrait

Post 2019.07.18 16:06

Daily login rewards

I've been playing Eve on and off since 2004. I don't ever remember CCP doing login rewards. Is this the first time they've done them in this fashion? What's everyone's take on it? Personally I like it. They can't be directly sold and I really appreciate that as I am against the buying and selling of skill points.
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Assistant Teaching Manager

Post 2019.07.18 19:41

Re: Daily login rewards

They have been doing it a few times over the last 1.5 years (my playtime) and seem to be approving of the system. It was even part of one of those player-surveys.
Personally I don't mind it as long as they don't overdo it. I don't want eve to be one of those "daily quest mmo" or something like that. TZhat being said I DO enjoy the skillpoints :D!
Image Image
<<

Silix Valyn

Portrait

Post 2019.07.18 21:12

Agreed. It is a nice surprise every now and then. I guess I have missed it when they have done it in the past.
<<

Celine en Chasteaux

Portrait

Post 2019.07.19 07:59

Can anyone advise on how the 'daily' timeframe is worked out? I assume it would be 00:00-23:59 EVE Time, but logged in this morning and it didn't offer me one for today.

Cheers
<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Production Manager
Production Manager

Post 2019.07.19 08:08

it always resets after downtime. so 11:00 eve time
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff | Production Manager

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

ImageImage
<<

Celine en Chasteaux

Portrait

Post 2019.07.19 08:17

Ariea Thellare wrote:it always resets after downtime. so 11:00 eve time

Great, thanks for the info :D
<<

kehormatan Ilahi

Portrait

Post 2019.07.25 18:12

As a new player (Well I did have 3 previous attempts over the past 10 years) I quite like the daily rewards. I can imagine it may annoy a lot of older players who never used to get login rewards but I think anything that can help new players must be a good thing. I think in the grand scale of things it doesn't really make a huge difference as you are only saving a few hours/days waiting to train but as I say for new players it can be a nice incentive to continue to play. :D
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2019.07.25 19:18

kehormatan Ilahi wrote:As a new player (Well I did have 3 previous attempts over the past 10 years) I quite like the daily rewards. I can imagine it may annoy a lot of older players who never used to get login rewards but I think anything that can help new players must be a good thing. I think in the grand scale of things it doesn't really make a huge difference as you are only saving a few hours/days waiting to train but as I say for new players it can be a nice incentive to continue to play. :D

I'm sure this is the intent. CCP knows that like all MMOs, they tend to lose new players after only a short time. EvE probably more than most, since the learning curve is so steep. The Uni does our part to help new players and flatten the learning curve a bit, but this is a good move on CCPs part. And free skill points benefit everyone, even long time players.
<<

Tezim Tukar

Portrait

Post 2019.07.31 16:50

When you say daily rewards, are you referring to the daily skilling spree missions? I don't see any bonuses mentioned just for logging in, but there's so much I could easily be missing something.
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2019.07.31 17:04

The original post is referring to the opportunity for extra skill points in the Skilling Spree event, I'm pretty sure, which every character gets for just logging in.
<<

Tezim Tukar

Portrait

Post 2019.07.31 20:41

Owain abArawn wrote:The original post is referring to the opportunity for extra skill points in the Skilling Spree event, I'm pretty sure, which every character gets for just logging in.

Every day I've joined I've had (and completed) a Skilling Spree mission: "Kill 1 NPC - 10,000 Skill Points"
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2019.08.01 00:21

Tezim Tukar wrote:
Owain abArawn wrote:The original post is referring to the opportunity for extra skill points in the Skilling Spree event, I'm pretty sure, which every character gets for just logging in.

Every day I've joined I've had (and completed) a Skilling Spree mission: "Kill 1 NPC - 10,000 Skill Points"

You must have somehow angered the Pseudo Random Number Generator Gods.
<<

Silix Valyn

Portrait

Post 2019.08.04 06:19

Yes i was talking about the Season of Skills and the skill spree part. For a week they did have daily login rewards that were pretty good.

CCP is seriously trying to do things to get the new players to stick around. There has always been a large number of players who don't stick around long. It used to be players trying the free trial and after it ran out they quit. I remember it being a 14 day trial for a long time and it really wasn't enough time for people to get going enough to take a firm interest in the game. Now that it has the free alpha option many people are still not sticking around. Eve has always had a struggle getting new subs. I know many people just find it way to overwhelming and quit. I hope the Season of Skills will help people stay long enough to get in to the game and stay. It has like a month of time for people to log in and grab some free skill points. Hopefully it's a step in the right direction. I love this game like many of you do and I want it to be around for a long time to come.

Return to EVE Discussion