New Agency coming 05/29/2019

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Rayanth

Portrait

Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post 2019.05.26 06:13

New Agency coming 05/29/2019

I've been poking and prodding the new Agency on Singularity ("Sisi" - the betatest server) and decided to share my observations with everyone so they know what to look forward to.

Please note that all of this information was obtained from Singularity on 5/26/2019, and is subject to change.

The new Agency is panned by CCP is being the one-stop-shop for content in the game. It includes everything from your Agents and missions to incursions and faction warfare, exploration, mining, and even the tutorial agents.

Even some content that has no specific location, such as Abyssal Deadspace, has a tab, with some explanation on how to get involved. In addition, each content section has a link to an in-game chat channel dedicated to that type of content, as well as tutorials or info blurbs that are available for it.

From a high level view, here is how the Agency is laid out:

Home Page
  • Agents and MIssions
    • Mission Agents
    • Epic Arcs
    • Agent Finder
    • Storyline Agents (if available)
  • Encounters
    • Incursions
    • Faction Warfare
    • Pirate Strongholds (FOBs)
    • Abyssal Deadspace
  • Exploration
    • Combat Anomalies
    • Cosmic Signatures
    • Escalations (if available)
    • Project Discovery
  • Resource Harvesting
    • Asteroid Belts
    • Ore Anomalies
    • Ice Belts
    • Planetary Production
  • Tutorials
    • Introductions ("New Player Experience" arc)
    • Career Agents
  • Triglavian Invasion
    • Overview

Some of the most important changes that I will touch on in this post:
  • Increased search results from 10 to 30
  • Can search for content anywhere in K-space, even while docked
  • Searching for Combat Anoms/Cosmic Sigs (controversial)
  • Detailed Ore information for Asteroid Belts, etc
  • Bookmarks to favorite sections

Three of those changes revolve around the Search Features, so I'll start there.

Searching works mostly the same on every section that allows it. In the following screenshot, I am searching for Cosmic Signatures, in any high-sec systems in the region The Citadel. The results show each system that has something that meets my criteria, how many results that system has, how far it is, and details on the system I have selected.

As you can see, I am limited to 30 results - this seems to be the same across all search features, including agents. The old agency limited us to just 10 results, even when searching for agents, and it was fairly difficult to filter it to exactly what we wanted.

It is worth noting that I am in Verge Vendor while making this search, so it is allowing me to search outside my own Region, and in fact I can select any region in K-space. The Location/range options include: Current System, Within 2 Jumps, Within 5 Jumps, Within 10 Jumps, Any Distance, and Specific Region. When selecting Specific Region, it will default to your current region, as well as indicate that it is your current region in the dropdown. The list of constellations in the dropdown in the above screenshot is limited to just the constellations in the selected region.

The controversial topic is the that this allows you to see cosmic signatures anywhere in the game. PVP'ers dislike this because it gives an opportunity for PVE'ers to know when a new signature - which could be a wormhole that nasty wormhole gankers come out of - has appeared in their area, and PVE'ers dislike this because it means they will have a harder time finding a system with lots of signatures that nobody else knows about (other explorers or gankers alike)

I have made the following observations about this "feature" with testing on Sisi:
  • The signatures list does not give any info on what types of signatures they are
  • The signatures list only shows signature ID's for current system
  • The signatures list does not resolve those ID's to names once you've scanned them down, only icons indicating type
  • Leaving the system makes the Agency forget the signature ID's and, if scanned down, their icons
  • Returning to the system will bring back the ID's but not the icons, even though they are still scanned to 100%

The other big change that I found handy is the Asteroid Belts panel:

Not only does it show how many belts there are in each system, but what types of ore you can find there. The search feature here lets you search for specific types of ore, as well, so if you need something in particular, it's easy to go find. (I actually used this to find Pyroxeres on Sisi, so I knew where to go mine some in an asteroid belt on TQ when I needed some in a hurry and there were no moons in Jufvitte popped that had anything of what I wanted)

The Ice Belts panel does not let you search by ice type, it merely shows where you can find some. It doesn't show their type until you visit them.

Finally - while I didn't get a screenshot before they shut down Sisi on me - there is a Bookmarks section in the bottom left corner. You can bookmark up to 6 of your favorite Agency panels, and they'll show up across the bottom bar for quick and easy reference.

I have many other screenshots of the agency, including most of the panels and sub-panels, in this imgur album : https://imgur.com/a/7Vi85Es

I am looking forward to this new Agency - I think it will really help drive some content in the game, and makes it easier to find something to do when I don't have much time to play. Hopefully you'll all enjoy it as well when it launches, 5/29/2019.

See you in game - and fly safe! o7
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est
<<

Tev Ikkala

Portrait

Post 2019.05.26 06:49

Re: New Agency coming 05/29/2019

Thank you for the detailed review - this is very helpful!
<<

Sirix Haneri

Portrait

Post 2019.05.26 07:18

Thanks for this Rayanth. Nice to know what we can expect.
<<

Ergan Eto

Portrait

Post 2019.05.26 21:39

Wonderful work Rayanth! Thank you.
<<

Kraulenth

Portrait

Post 2019.05.27 20:17

I have mixed feelings about the anomalies count being visible from other systems :(

I kinda liked the 'space is vast and you need to explore it' aspect of EVE.
<<

Faye Enkelli

Portrait

Post 2019.05.28 07:23

Kraulenth wrote:I have mixed feelings about the anomalies count being visible from other systems :(

I kinda liked the 'space is vast and you need to explore it' aspect of EVE.

I have to agree here. I have wild dreams of one day owning a nice Astero to go scanning with. Now, everybody will know where to look and I'm more averse to taking my ships scanning if there's a higher likelihood of bandits.

Not to mention, exploring space and getting lost and in awe of its vastness is fun.

Return to EVE Discussion