What do you listen to in New Eden?

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Dolman Hicks

Portrait

Post 2019.02.02 23:43

What do you listen to in New Eden?

Im curious as to what kind of music folks listen to when zipping around New Eden? Do you have playlists for different realms of space? Different Activities? Do you have a great mining playlist you want to share? Or perhaps a great PVP track you like to listen to?
ImageImageImage
<<

Kalaya Corin

Portrait

Post 2019.02.03 22:18

Re: What do you listen to in New Eden?

I will generally do one of 3 things -- depending in my mood. (1) is YouTube long tracks (2+ hours). I will provide two example links below. (2) YouTube NCS channel which I will let auto-play through artists. This is a bit more distracting as an artist I have not heard before that is quite good will break my focus as I pull up the browser to see who it is and the song title. I have included the link below. (3) My owned iTune playlists. The last I generally do not do unless I have overwhelmed my system with too many Eve clients. I can run that with a hardware mixer from my iPod into my headset.

One thing a always keep up is volume mixer. With Eve Clients and Mumble(s) and Discord (and of course the browsers on YouTube) I will need to control the volume share between them all.

I will generally have any of these going when mining, traveling, industry, trading, PI, skill queue driving. I generally will drop music when dealing with solo or small gang PvP. I will never do music this while in fleet -- unless the FC is providing the sound.

Thanks,
And here are the links I promised:

2 of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Ma0kXhXKA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5EucKJ91No

NCS Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NoCopyrightSounds
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Assistant Teaching Manager

Post 2019.02.04 13:56

Honestly I mostly listen to coms on mumble. :wink:

Only times I put on a song are in situations like the following:

wartarget spotted 5j out and incoming
Ersin O.: Okay people listen up: I need 4 logi, 8 DD, 137 tackle, 229 Ewar and 5 titans! X up for fleet!
Me hopping on YouTube:
But I don't want to go to war today...

Super rare occasions I go for some of my standards:
Hugh Laurie (the Dr House guy) has 2 very good blues albums that I can just always listen to.
Guy called 'Dr.Saxlove' dome good saxophone instrumental tracks on YT
Some good old CCR - nothing like Fortunate Son yo get pvp ready.
Led Zeppelin - no explanation needed
Greta van Fleet - scratch that same itch
Image Image
<<

Malus Pandus

Portrait

Post 2019.02.05 18:11

I (being a new player) generally listen to something Classical like Beethoven piano concertos when I'm out doing missions or mining, mostly because they don't distract me. When I'm in station hard rock or light metal.
<<

Sikandar Cole

Portrait

Post 2019.02.06 04:28

Clicking on the above opens the entire album.
Image ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
ImageImageImage Image Image Image

<<

rezan rex

Portrait

Post 2019.02.17 14:11

Well untill now i have beeen mostly running security missions on my todd, and the best thing i discoverd was how well dubstep and DnB go with other ships going boom boom boom.
<<

Vorian Alversson

Portrait

Post 2019.02.22 15:38

“If this goes badly and I make a crater, I want it named after me!” -- Iain M. Banks, Against A Dark Background

Return to EVE Discussion