+3 implant program

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Jamakick Butte

+3 implant program

Post by Jamakick Butte »

This is a question of using implants and what advice one would give when using the +3 uni program. Since I can only get one set it is a question in my head that I should put it on a character that is not going to be in fighting as to lose them or put them in a toon that is not doing combat but isk generation either by manufacturing or PI ( i have a mining clone so I am not looking in that direction) I should note that my main is my isk maker with PvE and abyss running. Any feedback would be welcome.
Koris the Second
Intake & Progression Manager

Re: +3 implant program

Post by Koris the Second »

The way a training clone usually works is like this:

1. Get your training implant set of choice.
2. Plug it into a clone.
3. Whenever you're not undocked and doing things in space, you spend time in that clone. If you undock, you grab either a clean clone or the clone for your specific activity.

There's that!
Image Image
Jamakick Butte

Post by Jamakick Butte »

Ok call me slow but what the heck is a training clone and how is that different from having a PVE clone with say missile improving implants?
Koris the Second

Post by Koris the Second »

The "training clone" is your clone with +3 (or +4, or +5, whatever) implants. So basically the clone you are in when you're docked up in station. This will allow you to train skills faster while you are not playing the game, and whenever you undock you just swap to a clean clone or your combat/content specific implants.
Image Image
Jamakick Butte

Post by Jamakick Butte »

what is the best implant to use for a training clone i have not found implants that speed-up skill training just skill hardwiring or boosters. Sorry just new to the whole implant thing been running most clones with none or just the skill ones.
Clarityz

Post by Clarityz »

Jamakick Butte wrote: 2023.04.04 06:27 what is the best implant to use for a training clone i have not found implants that speed-up skill training just skill hardwiring or boosters. Sorry just new to the whole implant thing been running most clones with none or just the skill ones.
Learning implants are the ones that improve attributes (and therefore training speed) when you're in that clone. They are named based on the attribute they boost, and then there's different meta levels. Commonly from +2 to +5 to the stat.

Slot 1 - Alpha - Ocular Filter: Perception
Slot 2 - Beta - Memory Augmentation: Memory
Slot 3 - Gamma - Neural Boost: Willpower
Slot 4 - Delta - Cybernetic Subprocessor: Intelligence
Slot 5 - Epsilon - Social Adaptation Chip: Charisma

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Implants ... _Enhancers