Hello!

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Peekhard

Hello!

Post by Peekhard »

Hello From the abyssal dead space.

It seems to call out to me in the echos of space.
I've been primarily, running dark sites in a kestrel->hookbill->hawk. All are fit with rockets, and have since been able to plex from running them.
They seem to be very lucrative. Im wanting to engage in PC9 with PI but the 20 jumps are arduous maybe next weekend ill venture out to plop some command stations on them to lessen the burden of abyssal running.

V/R

Peekhard
New Hawk Pilot
Agitated Dark Site connesiour
Rivek Valas

Re: Hello!

Post by Rivek Valas »

Good for you on finding a lucurative endeavour early on. I am still humming and hawing about what I would like to do in Eve.

Nice to meet you!
Etienne Darmond

Re: Hello!

Post by Etienne Darmond »

Welcome to the UNI,

Wow on running abyssals I'd love to see your fits.

The recent skillers in the abyss challenge for the mosaic finally got me into abysals. I've been running the calm explosive ones and I'm finding it rather difficult. I usually survive I"ve only died once but I"ve discovered that drones get eaten, the enemy types are unpredictable so hybrids and projectiles long and short range are meh. My experiments with Heavy Assault missles have been too slow to fire and the frigate enemies have too small a signature radius. And the final straw for me was some Trig frigs with some sort of scram that shut down my MWD.

Rockets on frigates may be the answer I haven't tried. Do you run solo in your kessie?

I can kill all the enemies most times but I feel the time pressure on the loot. The cruiser is too slow, and as I said the minnie one I tricked out for speed with an MWD fell afoul of random scrams.

That led to me donating all my filaments to the UNI and to great relief now that skillers has switched over to mining. But maybe just maybe a rocked kessie. Less pain than loosing a cruiser if it gets eaten that's for sure.

Thanks for the thought provoking post on abyssals and do come down to PC9. We need to do some pest control down there with pvp situations but I haven't got the real time windows to dedicate to learning to deal with that.

see you in space