[GUIDE] Air Career Programme

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Hippla Tsero

[GUIDE] Air Career Programme

Post by Hippla Tsero »

If you are opening this guide for the first time, please note that we have moved the guide to the UniWiki: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Guide_to ... _Programme. We will no longer update this forum guide.

This guide is aimed at newer players, more veteran players and multiboxers (people playing multiple omega accounts at the same time) like myself.

I started experimenting with the Air Career Programme because the 750,000 Skill Points (SP) provided seemed like a pretty sweet deal. But I wanted to know whether it’s worth the effort and share my findings with the community.

Basics
The AIR Career programme is divided into four Careers and this Step-By-Step guide will take you through a quick way to finish all of those, providing you with tips and guidance.
This follows the naming of the revamped Career Agents.

Each of the Careers is divided into 10 sections and each section has individual tasks. Each completed task provides Career Points (CP). To get the 750.000 SP, one does not have to complete every task available though.

You will get following SP:
  • 100,000 SP for graduating from each career- that means reaching 750 CP out of the 1000 available in each career
  • 50,000 SP for reaching 750 CP overall
  • 75,000 SP for reaching 1,500 CP overall
  • 100,000 SP for reaching 2,250 CP overall
  • 125,000 SP for reaching 3,000 CP overall
  • Total: 750,000 SP
It is possible to finish the AIR Career Programme quite comfortably in about 12 hours of game-play. A hyper-optimised approach, utilising Fits with high SP requirements, could probably finish the Programme in as little as 8-9 hours.

Considering the current price of Large Skill Injectors (LSI), even a brand new player can get more than 100M ISK/h worth of SP, whereas 80M+ SP characters can calculate with 360M ISK/h worth of SP per character (considering using LSIs instead of accelerators).

Multiboxing: Large parts of the Air Career Programme are easily multiboxable. But some tasks will increase the time it takes for completion slightly. I have personally tried running it with 4 characters in parallel (twice) and 2 individual fresh characters for testing purposes.
Note: I have added details about multiboxing to this guide, not because I believe that one has to multibox to enjoy EVE, but because I think that the AIR Career Programme is valuable also for more veteran players. In ISK value (as SP) it can easily compete with other common multibox activities like Moon Mining, Ishtar ratting, etc. as you can see in the napkin-math above.
Even if you don’t care about the SP, I recommend to all veteran players to run the AIR Career Programme at least once for multiple reasons:
  • New Career Agents - worth seeing the gorgeous new environment and dialogues, as well as how new players are being guided into playing EVE
  • Faction Standing Boost through the Career Agents and the Sisters of EVE Epic Arc - if you don't know which one to choose - Caldari standing helps reduce Broker Fees in Jita - that's always nice to have.
  • The Air Career Programme also serves as a reminder of the beautiful complexity of EVE Online and how many things new players can and should experience.
For newer players, it is a great catch-up mechanics and introduces you to many more factettes of the game than the Career Agents. It will surely help you figure out which activities you like to focus on.
Last edited by Hippla Tsero on 2023.02.01 16:37, edited 8 times in total.
Former EVE University NSC Manager; Communications Manager; Senior Personnel Officer; Mentor
Current EVE University Coms Officer; FC Team member; Teacher

Current pilot at Coreli Coporation (Pandemic Legion), the retirement home of EVE Uni pilots that like pew pew ;-)

UniWiki User Profile of Hippla Tsero
Hippla Tsero

Re: [GUIDE] Air Career Programme

Post by Hippla Tsero »

Step-by-step Guide

Fits: I will be providing example fits and explanations via EvE Workbench. All fits are minimum SP requirement fits and Alpha-friendly and you can gladly upgrade them. For cheaper options, I will be providing some alternative fits for the SoF career. By searching in the ingame fitting window for “AIR” you will find a range of viable frigate fits provided by CCP for most of the combat/exploration part of the Programme.

Step 1 - Career Agents
Get started by moving to one of the 12 Career Agent Systems. If you have previously finished the career agents in a particular system, simply move to one of the others and the agents should be available to you. The Career Agents can be done in about 3h and I recommend using the AIR Sunesis, as it has all needed modules already in cargo. The Uniwiki has some tips on how to complete it efficiently.

During the Industrial Career Agent, you can mine Veldspar and and Kernite. Doing so will allow you to save you upwards of ISK 5M but also means the Air Career Programme will take a little longer. To complete two tasks in the Air Career Industry tasks [Resource Harvesting] and [Refining], you need to mine one Venture of the respective ore (Veldspar and Kernite). Alternatively, you will buy the resources later on in a trade hub and do the quicker Distribution missions and salvaging tasks instead.

Tip: Should you decide to take the slightly longer route, you will find the ore in the following missions:
Kernite: Industrialist (Producer) - Making Mountains of Molehills (9 of 10)
Veldspar: Industrialist (Producer) - MMoM (1 of 10) and MMoM (4 of 10), as well as Industrialist (Entrepreneur) - Balancing the Books (3 of 10)

As part of the Industrialist (Producer) Career Agent, you will receive Blueprint Copies (BPCs) for the following two items:
  • (Civilian) Shuttle
  • (Racial) Frigate
Build those instead of just buying them from the market to start finishing tasks in the [Manufacturing] section of the Industry Career.

While doing the Career Agents or later on the Sisters of EVE Epic arc, you will have plenty of idle time, even when multiboxing. Use the downtime to do following tasks:
  • Project Discovery [Submit 50 - these can be fails as well]
  • Social
    • [Join Fleet - with yourself is ok, we don’t judge!]
    • [Send Eve mail - to yourself - it’s ok]
    • [Add contact - anyone random and remove them again]
    • [Send Message - wish someone random a nice day]
  • [Salvaging] If you always have a Salvager equipped, you can salvage while still fighting with rats in most of the combat-related missions. This should not be a priority though.
  • [Scanning] Again not a priority but if you have a Core Probe Launcher equipped, firing 8AU scans regularly while running the Career Agents will get you a few successful scans without any down-time
Step2 - Sisters of EVE Epic Arc - 51 missions to greatness
You can run the SoE Epic Arc every 3 months and there are plenty of guides out there. Using the AIR Sunesis will allow you to comfortably finish it within 4 hours. For new characters or Alts, use the FREE AIR Enforcer Expert System you received in your Redeem Queue for finishing the Career Agent earlier.

One could stop after 20 Epic Arc missions but I recommend completing it, as it will contribute to the completion of many AIR tasks, including [Enforcer - Epic Arc - Complete an Epic Arc]

If you don’t know which Standing to choose in mission 49 of the SoE Arc, Caldari is a solid choice as it will decrease the Broker Fee in Jita.

Tip: If you are NOT using my provided Sunesis fit but a cheaper Frigate/Destroyer fit e.g. the ones provided through the ingame fittings by CCP, you might struggle with Kristan Parthus (high DPS) in Chasing Shadows (Mission 48) and Dagan (high self-repair requiring more than 100 DPS) in Our Man Dagan (Mission 50). Get a friend to help you or upgrade your ship accordingly.

Step3 - AIR Career Programme Careers :roll:
Now we will focus on the four careers of the AIR Career Programme, one at a time. There is a lot of flexibility on how to approach completing the Programme and plenty of space to optimise the time it takes to complete tasks. For each of the careers, I will present some of the quickest ways to mix different tasks and take advantage of game mechanics for a quick completion. This assumes you are starting from zero and you won’t do any of the activities in our regular EVE life with the particular character(s) you are using. If you use an industrial character, you can skip obvious tasks. If you use a PvP character, you can skip blowing yourself up 20 times etc. Using the expert systems received through the Career agents for each of the sections is recommended to speed things up and give you access to most fits and mechanics required to complete the Programme.
Last edited by Hippla Tsero on 2023.08.13 13:29, edited 22 times in total.
Former EVE University NSC Manager; Communications Manager; Senior Personnel Officer; Mentor

Current pilot at Coreli Coporation (Pandemic Legion), the retirement home of EVE Uni pilots that like pew pew ;-)

Hippla Tsero

Post by Hippla Tsero »

Industry
The Industry career doesn’t have obvious "cheese" mechanics but you can still optimise the time it takes to complete tasks and choose the ones that are the quickest. Find the tasks in order of priority here and my suggestions on which ones to skip. Use the FREE Industry Expert System you received as a redeemable reward from finishing the Career Agents.

[Research - Copy/ME/TE] Buy and use a BPO that is quick to research and cheap - if in Jita/Perimeter, get (Mjolnir/Scourge/…) Rocket Blueprint or similar from an NPC order. If you are doing it in a different trade hub, get the respective small ammo of the Empire (e.g. Amarr - Multifrequency S, etc.). The four research tasks should take less than 10 minutes to complete.

Tip: Use the Facilities Tab in the Industry Window to quickly find a station that allows you to research your BPO.

[Build a Cruiser/Detroyer/Frigate/Shuttle] You should have completed the Shuttle and Frigate during the Career Agents. For the Cruiser and Destroyer, you can ustilise the BPCs that you will receive in your Redeem Queue for reprocessing 16k Pyroxes and and 14k Plagioclase (tasks of the [Refining] section.

Alternatively, simply buy a BPC from the Contract Market and buy the material required right from the market. (See screenshots below). You can then sell those ships at a slight loss to the market complete the next section.

[Market] Earning 1M ISK on the market can be done in multiple ways. Usually when you sell all your loot/rewards you receive from Career Agents, SoE Epic Arc etc. this completes quickly. If you haven’t managed so far, simply redeem all rewards you have gotten so far (in your Redeem queue) and sell those + the ships you’ve built in the previous task at a trade hub.

[Resource Harvesting] While a time-consuming task (around 2h for everything), this can help you save ISK 5M or more, if you use the resources harvested for the following [Refining] task. It can pretty much be done afk in a belt in High-Sec.

Tip: Find belts with the respective Ore in the Agency -> Resource Gathering -> Asteroid Belts

[Refining] The easiest way here is to simply buy all the resources and refine them. The ore will cost around 10M and lose half its value when reprocessed on a character without refining skills. If you have done the [Resource Harvesting] task, you can also use those resources.

[Salvage] or [Distribution Mission] to wrap up the 750 CP required

[Salvage] Salvaging 50 wrecks can be done very quickly with a salvaging Destroyer like the AIR Catalyst Salvage. However, one needs to find 50 wrecks. You can either
(a) find a friend that runs missions and provides you with bookmarks to their wrecks,
(b) bookmark your own missions you will run in the Enforcer career and return with your salvager later (wrecks stay for 2 hour) or
(c) Always have your salvager equipped on your AIR Sunesis and salvage while running Career Agents, SoE Epic Arc, Security Missions or while blowing yourself up in 20 shuttles per character as part of the Solider of Fortune career.
(d) use mining drones while running the Career Agents, SoE Epic arcs and Security Missions - this requires you to train the salvage drones skill and is thus not the optimal solution

[Distribution Mission] These can be done quicker than the [Resource Harvesting] tasks and should be preferred if you skipped mining and finished [Refining] by buying the resources from the market.

Skip: [Mining Mission] These take an unnecessary amount of time and should definitely be skipped.
Last edited by Hippla Tsero on 2022.08.13 21:17, edited 9 times in total.

Hippla Tsero

Post by Hippla Tsero »

Enforcer
After completing the Career Agents and the SoE as described in the first part of the guide, you will have made great progress towards completing the Enforcer Career. You should have following sections complete [Career Agent Missions], [Security Agents], [Combat Sites], [Epic Arc], [Standings]

The [Market] task requires you to spend 1M ISK. There are multiple moments in this guide where you will probably buy something. Just complete it if it isn’t yet.

To wrap up the 750 Career Points needed, I recommend using the AIR Sunesis or any other DPS ship you used so far to run Security Missions. You can speed up the Soldier of Fortune career [Combat] section by using a different ship type for running Security Missions than what you used up to now. I.e. If you used a Destroyer, now use a Frigate or Cruiser to run the missions and kill 75 ships.

Run Security Missions until enough tasks in sections [Loyalty Points], [Combat], [Bounties] are completed. Once you get 350 Loyalty Points with a corporation, spend them to wrap up [Loyalty points].

Skip: [Abyssal Deadspace]. While it’s viable, low-level Abyssals do not contribute to [Loyalty] points, don’t give [Bounties] and have generally very few ships, making [Combat] take much longer.
Last edited by Hippla Tsero on 2022.07.20 20:42, edited 3 times in total.

Hippla Tsero

Post by Hippla Tsero »

The Soldier of Fortune

This Career can be done with Alts or with a friend pretty quickly but might be challenging for newer players - go get a corp and some friends quickly. It’s what EVE is all about really!

Use your FREE Soldier of Fortune Expert system. Note that you will have to train Capacitor Emissions Systems I & Weapon Disruption I as it is unfortunately not provided through the Expert system but required for an entire section + an individual task under the EWAR section.

Simply start by making yourself a bookmark in your favourite Trade hub (ideally close to the Hub). Using two of the provided AIR - Gnosis fits (40M ISK) with your Alt(s) or a friend. This will allow you to do the following sections/tasks in less than 20 minutes. The cheaper version will utilise two fits with the Air Griffin and AIR Bantam but will take a bit longer.

[Capacitor Warfare] Use an Energy Neutraliser and a Nosferatu on each other and wait till this section is complete.

[Support] Use drones to damage each other and use Shield Booster and Armor Repairs to finish this section. If you can upgrade your Gnosis to T2 Light drones or even better Medium/Heavy Drones, this will go even quicker.

[EWAR] Use each EWAR (web, paint, point, scram, weapon disrupt) 5 times on your Alt/Buddy. Takes less than a minute.

After that’s done, there are multiple options on how to complete the Soldier of Fortune career. The quickest way depends a lot on the availability of a friend or an Alt.

[Social] You should have completed most tasks here. I skipped the [Join Corporation] task here, as you can easily complete the Soldier of Fortune career without it.

[Duels] & [PvP] & [Destruction] I found the quickest way to get those done is to have a friend/Alt and use either the Trade hub bookmark from earlier, or kill yourself right outside the station:
  • Get in a Shuttle and warp to your friend/Alt who sits in a DPS ship like the AIR Sunesis
  • Start a Duel and get yourself blown up until you died 20 times to get [Destruction] completed for you
  • This will get [PvP] done for your friend/Alt
    Every Duel has a 5 minute cooldown - if you want to get [Duels] done at the same time, simply wait 5 minutes for each time you kill the shuttle of your friend/Alt.
  • You can speed up this process by not waiting out the 5 minutes and instead do Duel requests whenever you have a friend/Alt in the same system throughout running the AIR Career Programme.
    NOTE: You are perfectly safe to initiate a Duel with someone - no one else will be able to take advantage of your Duel timer.
    Change DPS/victim roles with your friend/Alt and repeat
  • With up to 20 destroyed Shuttles, the DPS ship you use for this could have a Salvager which would contribute to the [Salvaging] section of the Industry career.
Tip: You can duel someone as long as they are in the same system. Simply click their name (from watchlist, chat window, fleet, etc.) and request a duel.

Skip: [Faction Warfare] The current Faction Warfare system is not ideal, as it’s not easily available to everyone or all your Alt characters. I therefore recommend skipping it.
Skip: [Combat] Following the steps above, you will not require finalising the [Combat] section (killing 75 ships with a Frigate, Destroyer and Cruiser respectively)
Last edited by Hippla Tsero on 2022.07.25 03:03, edited 5 times in total.

Hippla Tsero

Post by Hippla Tsero »

Exploration
Once again, use your FREE Exploration Expert System before starting this career.

The Exploration task will take advantage of Thera and the fantastic work of EVE Scout, an initiative by Signal Cartel.
Join the ingame channel: EvE-Scout and load the EVE-SCOUT // Thera bookmark folder provided in the MOTD.

[Project Discovery] This should be done while travelling, waiting for scans etc. Failed attempts count.
[Gas Sites] and [Combat Sites] should be completed right after the career agents. If not done yet, go back to a Career Agent System at the end of the Exploration section.

[Scanning] & [Wormholes] & [Navigation] & [Advanced Navigation] Get in a T1 scanning ship or switch to your Core Probe Launcher on your AIR Sunesis.
Find any Wormhole and repeatedly scan it down till you have all your [Scanning] and [Wormholes] tasks complete.

Head over to Thera - in the Bookmark folder simply look for the quickest way to get there. If you don’t feel comfortable with going through Low/Null, simply look for the quickest route through High-Sec iE

Once in Thera, use the EVE Scout website and sort by Regions. Fly into regions you haven’t been to yet to finish [Advanced Navigation].

Tip: You can take advantage of the ingame map -> Personal -> Systems visited to see which regions you have yet to visit.
  • [Combat sites] Fly in between the green anomalies marked as combat sites until you completed 25 combat sites - entering the site will count as "completing" it. You will want to immediately warp off once you enter the site. You will usually have a few seconds before NPCs aggro you.
  • [Exploration - Gas Sites] Fly in between two gas sites up to 15 times till complete. Wormhole space is the most likely space to have multiple gas sites. If you are afraid to lose your ship, you can always warp in between sites in a capsule, as NPCs do not aggro capsules.
  • [Exploration - Hacking] This is probably the most time-intense task, as you will have to find several sites to complete 25 hacks. Please be aware that data/relic sites in high-class wormholes will have NPCs in them. Find more information about which data/relic sites in wormholes are safe to warp to here: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Relic_an ... warp_to.3F

If you don’t feel comfortable with Wormholes/Low-Sec/Null-Sec yet, you can of course stay in High-Sec but it will probably take you longer to complete these sections.
    If you feel comfortable with WHs/Low/Null, you can probably find plenty of Data/Relic sites to finish a task in [Advanced Hacking] as well.

Skip: We don’t really skip tasks here, with the caveat that [Advanced Hacking] isn’t necessary to complete and will take more time if you multibox.

Congratulations! You have finished the AIR Career Programme, gained 750k SP and hopefully learned something on the way.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Hippla Tsero on 2023.08.13 14:04, edited 3 times in total.

Korros Kolada

Post by Korros Kolada »

While it is part of the career agents (which you pointed to the wiki for info), Making Mountains of Molehills (9 of 10) occurs in a pocket with Kernite ore, and mining and reprocessing that pocket will not only supply minerals for completing the final missions, but also satisfy the Mining and Reprocessing tasks for Kernite. The Veldspar requirements should be completed during the Career missions for the same reason. You should only have 3 Ores left to harvest, and can usually get them in one trip to a belt (as long as they are found in that area of space)

The Refining amounts are the same as the Harvesting requirements; yes, you mentioned it, but Completing those tasks should be preferred over buying the ore, and thus mentioned first.

The Reprocessing Tasks reward crates with BPCs in them: Frigate for the Scordite, Destroyer for the Pyroxes, and Cruiser for Plagioclase. You can use these to satisfy the production Tasks. No need to buy a BP for those.

Distribution Tasks can be completed very easily semi-afk by doing Lvl1-2 missions on AP in a Sunesis. You can skip it if not necessary, but it's an easy one if you need the points.
Hippla Tsero

Post by Hippla Tsero »

Thank you Korros for your feedback :-)
I incorporated it as good as possible in the guide without convoluting it too much.

I have ran another 4 toons in about 12h this time, also testing mining vs. Distribution missions. While all the mining will take you around 2h, distri missions if done correctly should take only half of that. So if one doesn't care to spend 5M and doesn't want to haul the Veldspar + Kernite, Distri missions still seem like the better option to me.

Korros Kolada

Post by Korros Kolada »

Salvage drones are also an option for salvaging if you're willing to train it. IIRC, they move from wreck to wreck without intervention, thus allowing a field of wrecks to be harvested with less input. While this may not speed the time required, it may reduce the level of active input for people multiboxing. It can also reduce range issues when salvaging. Also remember that salvaging the wrecks of others does not flag you suspect as looting them does; scanning for wrecks left behind by a mission runner (or belt miners) may be an option (scan them in the mission site if necessary and wait until they leave), though it would be impolite to ninja salvage wrecks of an active player who may want them, so caution is advised.

If you do run mining/distribution missions, they will also give LP (though typically at lower rates than security missions), which does count for the Enforcer Loyalty Points task (it does not specify LP from security missions).

Worth noting that if you have a lot of characters to do, it's potentially worth keeping a set of optimal ships in the career agent system to pass around (my comments above were based on using a barge for mining during the missions, not a venture; I also used a destroyer for the enforcer career missions to speed them up - remember to split the guns).

While it shouldn't be necessary, the Market Earn (Industry) and Spend (Enforcer) Tasks can be paired and completed by just buying and reselling an item with reasonably high volume at a trade hub.

I'm not trying to be annoying about this; I have a lot of characters myself so the topic is very interesting to me, and I appreciate all the tips I've gotten already! I have some testing of my own to do now though. =)

EDIT: While it may have been past behavior, or just buggy, the drone auto-salvage did not work for me, so disregard.
Korros Kolada

Post by Korros Kolada »

Not yet sure if it's worthwhile (haven't done the Thera part), but you can complete Scanning without leaving the career systems as well. It seems to count the same signature each time you scan it, so if you get your probes over a couple of signatures in the career system, you can just keep re-scanning the same spot and get a couple more sigs. May be redundant depending on how Thera goes, but definitely faster than hunting down sigs to scan.

EDIT: So completing the Explorer Career Agent and all the cheese options (to complete Scanning, Hacking, Gas Site, and Combat Site, plus having Navigation and The "High Sec" Task from Advanced Navigation (from warping all over for the SOE Arc) and having Project Discovery done, you have a total of 685/750, requiring only 65 more points. Visiting 5 LoSec regions in a fast align frig or shuttle (40 pts) is fairly painless, and you can probably do one jump into NullSec (50 pts) without much issue (just MWD back to the gate and jump back; you don't need to go anywhere deeper in NS). This means you can potentially do Explorer fairly easily without doing Wormholes at all.

Alternatively, if you do only the LS region visits, you need 5 WH scans (10+15=25pts), which you could get off the Thera list and scan, probably without actually going to Thera if you don't want to (you can scan the ones you pass while you travel for the LS regions).

Or...If use the Thera method and complete Wormholes and Advanced Nav (including both NS and LS Region visits), then you only need 10 Project Discovery Submissions (or none if you complete any one of the Hacking Tasks in Advanced Hacking).

Options =)

EDIT2:
Only the person initiating the Duel request counts despite the text reading “Participate in a Duel”.
This is incorrect. Only the person initiating gets credit for the first Task ("Challenge a Capsuleer to a Duel") but both pilots do get credit for the Participation Tasks (the remaining 3 Duel tasks).
Hippla Tsero

Post by Hippla Tsero »

Great tips for exploration. The Career Agent system really seems to make it easy for us all :-D

I can confirm that the Duels work as intended. I tried it again with multiple characters. Not sure why I thought it didn't. Thanks!

Korros Kolada

Post by Korros Kolada »

----- Explorer

With the new WH cheese (which isn't that surprising since it mirrors the scanning cheese method in the career system, which has an advantage because those are intended to be easy to scan, and there's lots of targets in close proximity), the math works out so that you can complete Explorer with the Hacking/Scanning/WH/Gas/Combat cheese strats, plus Project Discovery, and just plotting a long AP route through HS (E.g. Jita to Amarr and back) for Nav and the HS part of Adv Nav. You can now skip vising NS & LS for Adv Nav, and Adv Hacking entirely. Since you also only need to scan the WH, not pass through it, I think the Thera bit can be pruned as overly complicated. Just find a WH to target with EvE-Scout Bookmark folder, scan it repeatedly, and skip actually going to Thera.

----- Soldier of Fortune

I've also been doing more math on Soldier of Fortune. If you kill everything in every pocket in the career missions (instead of docking as soon as the button changes; they're mostly paper-thin rookie ships that die easily), then you should get ~75 kills. If you can do it in a frigate, you can score the 20pt for that from Combat; switch to a Destroyer for the SoE epic Arc and clear each combat pocket (you can split the guns to speed things up), and you'll easily hit 75 kills for the 30 pts there (long before finishing the Arc).

Add that to the Support/CapWar/Ewar cheese, the obvious/easy Social tasks, the Agent Missions pts. and the duals, and the PvP, and you get to 740. You can get the last 10 points with whichever is easiest for that character: 1) Quit Corp and Rejoin 2) Join FW and leave immediately 3) Lose 5 ships.

Losing 5 ships (the 20 suggested in the guide is unnecessary) nicely mirrors the 5 kills you need for PvP if you're kill trading, but it's worth noting that Corvettes count for PvP kills, but not for Destruction losses, so if you can get by without losing the 5 ships, you can save on cost/logistics of getting the shuttles.

It is possible to get the 75 kills for Destroyer in the SoE arc long before finishing, and get the Cruisers Task mostly done (the targets are small, so pick something with drones). One complication is that the Enforcer Expert System does not give you skills for cruisers or their weapons (besides Drones). The Racial Annual Celebration Systems do though, so you can work that task with the Racial Systems 4 times per year (one character per account). Obviously this isn't an issue for characters that have or plan to train cruiser skills anyway.

It is worth noting for the Duals Task that a dual simply grants a Limited Engagement timer; IME, you have to wait out the timer to challenge the same pilot, but you can have multiple timers, so you can be "dualing" as many pilots as you want at any time. This means the task scales unusually well with grouping up. 6 Pilots all initiating duals at the same time can dual every other pilot in the group 3 times each and complete the task. At the extreme end, 16 Pilots could all initiate duals with eachother and complete it in one pass. No actual aggression is needed (or advised, as it extends the timer), so it could be completed between other tasks (e.g. a group of 3-6 could meet up between career agent missions to start the duals and finish them before moving on from the career agents).

----- Industrialist

Finally, returning to the Salvage topic, Drones _do_ auto salvage. The trick is to activate the salvage while not targeting a wreck. If you have a wreck targeted and activate them, they salvage only that wreck (which is different from combat behavior with aggressive mode). Sadly, the Industrial Expert system does not provide salvage drone skill, so it's only useful if you intend to train the skill. (I usually skip that Task anyway, but it's worth noting for those trying to complete the task during combat missions, where you can salvage just by switching drones and not taking high slots with salvagers).

You're doing a great job on this, and it's getting easier and easier to grab all those extra injectable SP and the free skins. =)
14th cylon

Post by 14th cylon »

Korros Kolada wrote: 2022.07.22 17:53 IIRC, they move from wreck to wreck without intervention, thus allowing a field of wrecks to be harvested with less input. While this may not speed the time required, it may reduce the level of active input for people multiboxing.
i am not sure why you deleted it, this is correct. if you launch salvage drones and order them to salvage without a target locked, they will just salvage everything they can get their hands on without any supervision.
Korros Kolada

Post by Korros Kolada »

14th cylon wrote: 2022.08.08 19:50
Korros Kolada wrote: 2022.07.22 17:53 IIRC, they move from wreck to wreck without intervention, thus allowing a field of wrecks to be harvested with less input. While this may not speed the time required, it may reduce the level of active input for people multiboxing.
i am not sure why you deleted it, this is correct. if you launch salvage drones and order them to salvage without a target locked, they will just salvage everything they can get their hands on without any supervision.
This was noted in the post immediately above yours. My initial efforts failed because I was sending them to a locked target first, exactly as you would send combat drones to attack a valid target, and expect them to move to a new target when set on aggressive. Salvage drones behave differently, and as noted in your post and my immediately preceding post, you must not have a wreck targeted to get them to auto-salvage the field.
Shoc Le Monkeh

Post by Shoc Le Monkeh »

Hippla this guide is amazing, thank you so much! Definitely helping me ease back into the sandbox without feeling overwhelmed by choice or aimless.

The link for SOE Epic Arc guide has a typo, I believe it should be: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/The_Blood-Stained_Stars

Ty again!

UPDATE:

As I have fallen in love with this way of grinding skill points for the primary characters on my accounts, I decided to start adding the little things I've learned in case it helps others following the guide. If I accumulate enough notes, I'll organize them by career.

[*] Regarding the location you might choose to do your Career Agent missions, if you want to be near Jita (where sometimes the lower level skillbooks can be discounted, if this is your first character and you're short on isk), try Akiainavas, only 4 jumps away. If you want to be near Stacmon for Uni activities, Clellinon is just 5 jumps out.

[*] If you are doing this to farm skill points for your primary character, keep an eye out for the Skilling Spree opportunities in the top left of your screen. These SP's are directly injected into your alt as you play, so you can use them to train the skills you need for the SoF pvp tasks while your main continues to train uninterrupted.

[*] If you are not already using a frigate or destroyer like the Sunesis, switch out of your starter ship as soon as you get your first Frigate from a Career Agent. Use it for all missions since kills made in your Corvette don't count toward the Kills with Frigates task.

[*] For Industry, when you make a copy of your blueprint, be sure to change the number of runs remaining in the copy to 1, or else you will have a very long time to wait until the default of 200 runs gets copied.

[*] If you're not a fan of the SOE epic arc The Blood-Stained Stars, and don't mind forgoing the nice reputation bump from doing it, you will likely need to do the 20 Security Agent Missions and destroy 300 enemy ships for the Enforcer Career. The system Airkio next to Akiainavas has 9 level 1 security agents, and Oursulaert has 8 level 1 agents. You can grind these for your 300 kills and your Security Missions.

Note that there's a trade-off between the easier/faster security missions, and the longer ones like The Blockade or In The Shadow of War. At first I thought the longer missions where inefficient use of time, but then I realized they were helping me get my 75 kills in either frigate or destroyer, my 300 enemies destroyed overall, and my bounties tasks fulfilled. I recommend looking up the missions before you accept or decline and maybe front-loading some of the longer ones earlier in your security agent mission grind. That way when you hit 20 missions you've already fulfilled the related tasks as well.

[*] To speed up the kills for Security missions and provide some easy frigate-credited kills when I chose to mine for the Resource Harvesting tasks, I found drones very helpful. They have a control range, but within that they free you from any mental attention on rate of fire (slow for missiles and big guns), optimal range, etc. They are a "set and forget" source of damage and kills...just make sure you don't forget to pull them in (Shift-R) before you warp off! https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Drones is a helpful article on which types of drones will kill rats the fastest depending on which empire space you're in.

[*] The system Iidoken (that's a capital i not a lower-case L) has 3 Distribution agents. Sometimes you can be on the same mission for 2 of them at the same time which makes it really simple.

[*] For spending your LP, you can buy the warp speed implant. It's only a tiny difference but...this is EVE! :D
Last edited by Shoc Le Monkeh on 2022.09.25 23:01, edited 10 times in total.