Importance of Null Sec standing fleet.

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Etienne Darmond

Importance of Null Sec standing fleet.

Post by Etienne Darmond »

I am not exactly complaining because it was good content and I can afford to loose the ship. First rule of eve. It helped me keep my cool and learn about pvp.

Also, I am not able to be on mumble at the moment so it was in many ways 'my own fault'.

However, A guy from "I'm sorry we are in your space, eh" had me warp pinned for a full 5 minutes before his buddy showed up to finish me off. My drones, vespa II and hobgoblin II were not fast enough to catch him and I was in a pvp rat fit.

There was no standing fleet at the time, except for the one I tried to put up about an hour earlier.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/101838710/

I need to get the proper connection and computer to run mumble when I'm in null sec.

But WE need to have an effective fleet in null sec OR these guys are going to get cocky.

I've also noticed a corps called Nullification sniffing around our back pocket in 5-DSFH (-0.3) last night (June 30).

As I sasid, it was fun. It would have been even more fun if we had been able tomount a response. AND if we keep not fleeting up these guys are going to eat our lunch.
Etienne Darmond

Re: Importance of Null Sec standing fleet.

PS I would have made an after action report but I noticed those are public and I don't want to publicize the fact that we are not doing a good job of fleeting up in null.
Koris the Second
Intake & Progression Manager
Intake & Progression Manager

Post by Koris the Second »

I'd actually argue reporting Intel in the correct channel is even more important - I've had a really annoying loss that could have been prevented with intel being reliable, but we live and learn, I guess. Good to hear it's not too painful ISK-wise for you!
Image Image
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Sorry about the ship but great job keeping your cool, having fun and learning from your loss, but also teaching from it by highlighting the importance of standing fleets, mumble and sharing intel!
Image Image Image Image
Etienne Darmond

THanks Koris the second and unstable unit. See you on the flip side of my current hiatus.