Setting up a gate camp at NSC

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
TechBug Saas

Setting up a gate camp at NSC

Post by TechBug Saas »

Thinking about setting up a gate camp at NSC. For the sake of this exercise, let's grab the JH gate at PC9. Here's the plan:

1. Need bubbler#1 with a cloak and scram to sit in JH system 155km from PC9 gate to let everyone know what's coming through that gate. Also, what's still in the system in case there is backup either directly on the gate waiting to jump or in local.

2. Bubbler#2 sitting on JH gate in PC9 and ready to bubble the gate whenever. Instalocking thrashers are ready to lock up, web, scram, and blap whatever. Need at least one instalocking ship to scram and disable the MWD and web to slow them down even more, the rest can be whatever DPS people feel like using.

3. Only half of the DPS should aggress the target initially in case it tries to burn back to the gate. If it looks like it's going to make it, FC makes the call, and half of the dps team that did not aggress, takes the gate to JH. Meanwhile, bubbler#1 in JH system decloaks, warps to the gate, and bubbles it on the other side. When the target arrives, scrams and attacks it while waiting for the rest of the dps team to arrive shortily.

4. If the target is still alive after all this and burns back to the gate again, well, we still got a welcome team on the other side with a bubbler.

Need to figure out if anyone else would be interested to see if we get enough dps. Also, a good time frame when it is likely the gate would see some traffic from unsuspecting travelers. I got 1 bubbler on my main and 1 dps on my alt. Need at least 1 more bubbler and lots moar dps.

Also, open to suggestions to improve on the gate camp plan itself.
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Re: Setting up a gate camp at NSC

Post by Uryence »

I have a bubbler alt that can be used. Can of course bring DPS with my main character, or a Hyena to help stop people crashing. But my availability's spotty at present...

A challenge for doing this is making sure enough people are on at the same time, and all pointed in the right direction!
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 33,014,075,514.00 ISK