Ore and mining changes.

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Owain abArawn

Ore and mining changes.

Post by Owain abArawn »

I knew the game changes for ore and mining would be coming in soon. I guess they arrived today, because I logged in and had over 5 million unallocated skill points to apply. I knew that I would get back some, but I didn't anticipate that it would be that many!

For those who have been paying better attention than I have, what skills were eliminated to account for that many points? What skills were added that I should put those points into? I've looked over the skill lists, and nothing obvious jumps out at me, so before I just start burning those points up, I'd like to have a plan in mind.
Mike Kingswell

Re: Ore and mining changes.

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Just in regards of your skillpoints:

The individual ore reprocessing skills were given back to you in Skillpoints and ISK (not the MOON ORE ones).
They are now grouped together under new skills similar to the moon ores.
E.G. former Veldspar reprocessing is gone and now you get "Simple Ore Processing" grouped for Plag, Pyro, Scor,Veld.

The overall SP cost for (most of) the skills is less than the combined total of the individual former ones.

That is just one of many changes so i highly recommend the change log.
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Owain abArawn

Post by Owain abArawn »

I've looked at the changes, but I was most concerned about investing the skill points wisely. In looking at the Resource Processing skill tab, I see the new skills you mention. That makes sense now, since I had a lot of skill points invested in the old ore processing categories. I think I now have a handle on how to proceed. Thanks.
Kinsa Isoku

Post by Kinsa Isoku »

So instead of the skills they just got refunded?
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

Post by Arkady Marten »

The SP you had in the old skills were refunded as free SP on your character, and the NPC cost for the skillbooks were also refunded. You could then inject the new skillbooks and apply your available SP as you saw fit. In many cases, those with high reprocessing skills had left-over SP available after that.
Image Image