Public Discord?

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Felyza

Portrait

Post 2019.09.10 18:56

Public Discord?

Was curious, since real time communication would have alleviated loss of many hours of my work on the wiki... is there a discord for the university where public have a spot they can speak directly to uni members?
<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Production Manager
Production Manager

Post 2019.09.10 19:40

Re: Public Discord?

Hello,

We do not use discord here in the Uni, but we do have a mumble server.

The Public Mumble server us usually only populated during classes, but with your forum account you can join the private server.
There you can join the "Public Lounge" channel, which is open to the Public. You can then poke people on mumble or ingame if you want to talk to them, and they can either drag go down to their respective channel or jump up into the "Public Lounge"
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff | Production Manager

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

ImageImage
<<

Felyza

Portrait

Post 2019.09.11 19:28

Awesome, thank you.
<<

Dairek Alamari

Portrait

Post 2019.09.11 19:52

In addition, similar to Discord, each of our campuses have their own Slack workgroups for out of game text chat. (With message history)

Check out this page for more information.
AMC Officer | Teacher
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Felyza

Portrait

Post 2019.09.12 19:21

Dairek Alamari wrote:In addition, similar to Discord, each of our campuses have their own Slack workgroups for out of game text chat. (With message history)

Check out this page for more information.

Found
#uniwiki : This channel is used to discuss wiki edits, wiki moderation and new wiki pages.

However, it's under "E-Uni Staff Slack"

Browsing to https://euni.slack.com/ prompts for user/pass. My email and username do not work to access using either my slack account already on the email address or with the forum password.

When I look for more information on the UniSlacks page, I noticed I missed...
Only available for staff members:

Staff Slack

The information about it (it's a link) points to https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 37&t=83831 which gives the message, "You are not authorised to read this forum."

---

I did finally get ahold of Raynath. Trying to get setup to assist better with curation, but looks like even for a curator, the uniwiki forum AND slack channel are hidden away from me.

Since the wiki is meant to be a public resource, that invites public to assist with maintaining so it doesn't go stale like so many resources before it, would it be possible to move the specific spaces for communication about the wiki to more public avenues of communication?

Before I go and setup to do another round of edits (that last one with >600 in a matter of hours did kinda give Raynath a scare), I was informed a few major changes are on the horizon. Wanted to see if I could get a timeline, and find out if any of it would affect the project I discussed with Raynath.
<<

Dairek Alamari

Portrait

Post 2019.09.13 13:02

My apologies, I missunderstood your post. The Slack page and subsequent applications are for current members of IVY.

If Rayanth is already assisting you, you can't be in better hands. :)
AMC Officer | Teacher
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2019.09.13 17:58

Yeah staff slack is restricted to current corp members I'm afraid.

There is a wiki forum and a wiki staff forum and you should have access to both as a wiki curator. I will have a look into the issue since it appears you don't.

Felyza wrote:
Before I go and setup to do another round of edits (that last one with >600 in a matter of hours did kinda give Raynath a scare), I was informed a few major changes are on the horizon. Wanted to see if I could get a timeline, and find out if any of it would affect the project I discussed with Raynath.

For this stuff though you need to speak to Rayanth. There is no posted roadmap for the wiki, though Rayanth should be able to help in any upcoming changes which may affect you.
CEO of EVE University

Return to EVE Discussion