Girls play EVE too... Eventually

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

John Silverfox

Portrait

Post 2019.01.07 01:39

Girls play EVE too... Eventually

I introduced my girlfriend to EVE. Weve spent nearly 3 hours on character creation.
Want a custom signature? EVEMail: John Silverfox
<<

Kelle Damage

Portrait

Post 2019.01.07 11:09

Re: Girls play EVE too... Eventually

<snip>

~ k
Last edited by Kelle Damage on 2019.03.16 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.01.07 12:56

Kelle Damage wrote:I don't know anyone who plays Eve in RL, though :(

Hi,

I once met a person who piloted spacecraft for a living - since he was from european space agency it was strictly exploration only and all remote-controlled... also far less exciting than your average evening of Eve, let alone a fleet encounter...

Zoltan
<<

Elihugh Beecher

Portrait

Post 2019.01.08 02:13

You have explained that the ship is the only avatar she'll ever see during gameplay, right? :lol:
[url=http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=182610]
Image[/url]
<<

Kalaya Corin

Portrait

Post 2019.01.13 21:55

I had to laugh. Long ago I realized my daughters were better at character creation than I. They seem to enjoy taking the random model and doing a complete "make over". Firstly, I never realized there were so many options. And secondly, I was astonished that a "make over" really makes a difference!

I am thankful for the work they have done for "my girls". (There term I use for all my pilots which happen to be females). And very thankful for my real girls that put in the effort to take "my girls" to the beauty salon. :P
<<

Rouqaren Volant

Portrait

Post 2019.01.19 21:10

I'm part of a few Tabletop RPG groups online. I totally use the EVE character creator to make portraits in my scifi setting. A few of my friends have called me out on it but there's just so much customization!
-Rouqaren Volant
(Roo-Car-In)
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2019.01.24 21:44

I know three other females (that I know of) who play(ed) EVE Online, and yes, at least two and I suspect all three did spend a ridiculous amount of time in character creation, even knowing full well that the only place it really appears is the still portrait on the Character Sheet. Ah well, whatever makes them happy. I wasn't about to try pulling them away from it, because puncture wounds make me uncomfortable.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Silentbrick

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2019.02.06 19:38

I don't know if the Uni still has the medal, but we coined a medal for one of the girls that played. Every time she would come up on comms saying "Hey guys, guess what I found?!" lead to hilarity. I think it's the Mistress of Pain medal or something. She found two wormholes with former wartargets toys inside and that lead to the destruction of something like 18 POS's and the theft of a T3 ship and slow murder of a in wormhole carrier. ( we had no pilot to steal it.)

She just liked to....wander.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Quinnea

Portrait

Post 2019.07.11 18:30

New here, but had to offer my 0.02Isk

What's wrong with taking multiple hours on your avatar? We gotta make things look just right for you guys. :lol:
Quinnea, Collector of Ores "Daikoku Maru" Rorqual
Tigobitty, Shooter of Rats. "Brienne of Tarth" Vargur

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left." - Bertrand Russell (maybe)
<<

Silix Valyn

Portrait

Post 2019.07.18 15:59

And he is still in character creation with his girlfriend trying to decide what to wear to this day..... Joking obviously but I know several female eve players. My wife just couldn't get in to it at all. She is a WoW player. Unfortunate I know but at least she is an avid gamer.
<<

Psychotic Fickity

Portrait

Director of Education
Director of Education

Post 2019.09.09 23:23

I have to say, that I spent a large amount of time creating my character. Now, every so often, I go in and change something about her, because I get bored of seeing the same face/pose/hairstyle/hair color/shirt. And then it is back to the EDIT, Pose, Click, Find good background, edit, pose , click ect.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

<<

Falling Snow KumaMoto

Portrait

Assistant Production Manager
Assistant Production Manager

Post 2019.09.10 14:32

I also spend a ton of time on character creation, especially if I like a game and plan to play it often. In some games, where your clothing influences your abilities (Dragon Age, etc.), I will even have my character wear non-ideal armor because I like the way it looks. In real life, naturally, I wear only the very first clean-ish outfit I find, and cannot be asked to brush my graying hair.
ImageImage Image ImageImage
<<

Edhin Delphiki

Portrait

Post 2019.09.10 18:21

Recently, I have considered purchasing a body re-sculpting. I thought I would sit down with my significant other to try and create something more unique. I feel I kind of look like "Joe Gallente" the average looking Gallente.

I also find myself sort of looking at the tops for the male model and I find that the selection seems limited for the common clothing sector. I like my anniversary t-shirt. I am looking for other t-shirts hopefully in the future. I can imagine perhaps futuristic societies have different aesthetic needs, but sometimes I wonder what those needs are...

Warm Regards,
Edhin
<<

Freyja Satuntytar

Portrait

Post 2019.10.19 06:11

I can also relate to the dilemma of excessive effort into character creation.

Whenever I start a new game I would spend about an hour looking at other players for ideas on how I want to create my character. Then I would spend about another hour and thirty minutes making my character; I liken myself to Pygmalion creating the perfect partner in crime haha. In many MMOs that I have played I always use the excuse "well if I am going to be staring at something for hours upon hours it might as well be cute." With EVE online where a majority of your time is spent staring at port end of a ship this excuse falls a bit flat on its face.

I do not know why however with EVE online when working on my character it feels closer to real life. Specifically with how you present yourself and the little things that determine first impressions. Every time I see an EVE portrait I feel like I'm constantly judging other characters like how people in real life judge their peers. For example I would judge other characters wearing the same tank top and chinos pairing like how I would judge people in real life wearing a worn-out T-shirt and poorly fitted jeans. Heck it takes me an hour and fifteen minutes just to get ready to walk outside, and without breakfast!

TLDR: Be excellent to yourself!

Return to EVE Discussion