The Magic 14

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Galen Dnari

Portrait

Post 2019.02.09 19:58

Re: The Magic 14

From my dictionary: doctrine | ˈdɒktrɪn |
noun
a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a Church, political party, or other group: the doctrine of predestination.
• US a stated principle of government policy, mainly in foreign or military affairs: the Truman Doctrine.

The word as used here clearly has a different meaning. What's not clear to me is what that meaning is. A doctrine is a fit? A ship? Something else?
<<

Azareus Second

Portrait

Post 2019.02.09 20:18

A fleet doctrine is a a set of one or more type of ships with preset fits that are designed to compliment each other increasing the overall effectiveness of the whole fleet and its probability of winning engagements or otherwise achieving the objectives of the doctrine. The purpose of the doctrine influences the fleet composition such that each fit is designed to fulfill a specific role while ensuring a uniformity of the engagement profile. Fleet Doctrines that have been tested and proven successful in various battles or trials are adopted as official doctrines for corporations to be used in specific situations. The choice of the doctrine is typically the Fleet Commander's call, while the choice of the ship within the doctrine is typically the fleet members'.

8)

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Doctrines
Mostly harmless
<<

Galen Dnari

Portrait

Post 2019.02.15 23:50

I see. Thanks.
<<

Apollyons One

Portrait

Post 2019.05.29 10:47

Ryousuke Takahashi wrote:Out of curiosity, I noticed in my fits that I need energy upgrades a lot. Maybe, this should be added or a better question why was this not part of the original concept?

As i stated in the original post, there are many skills that are required for advancement beyond these.

These skills are a baseline that apply to all ships, beyond these other skills will be required to fit the various other modules.
<<

Apollyons One

Portrait

Post 2019.05.29 11:04

Update:

Added the Alpha clone limitations to the list
Wiki edited to reflect those changes
<<

Iliad Soldaire

Portrait

Post 2019.07.02 13:41

Very helpful, thank you. The skill menu can be very confusing to newbros and even myself sometimes.
Previous

Return to EVE Discussion