Girls play EVE too... Eventually

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

John Silverfox

Portrait

Post 2019.01.07 01:39

Girls play EVE too... Eventually

I introduced my girlfriend to EVE. Weve spent nearly 3 hours on character creation.
Want a custom signature? EVEMail: John Silverfox
<<

Kelle Damage

Portrait

Post 2019.01.07 11:09

Re: Girls play EVE too... Eventually

<snip>

~ k
Last edited by Kelle Damage on 2019.03.16 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.01.07 12:56

Kelle Damage wrote:I don't know anyone who plays Eve in RL, though :(

Hi,

I once met a person who piloted spacecraft for a living - since he was from european space agency it was strictly exploration only and all remote-controlled... also far less exciting than your average evening of Eve, let alone a fleet encounter...

Zoltan
<<

Elihugh Beecher

Portrait

Post 2019.01.08 02:13

You have explained that the ship is the only avatar she'll ever see during gameplay, right? :lol:
[url=http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=182610]
Image[/url]
<<

Kalaya Corin

Portrait

Post 2019.01.13 21:55

I had to laugh. Long ago I realized my daughters were better at character creation than I. They seem to enjoy taking the random model and doing a complete "make over". Firstly, I never realized there were so many options. And secondly, I was astonished that a "make over" really makes a difference!

I am thankful for the work they have done for "my girls". (There term I use for all my pilots which happen to be females). And very thankful for my real girls that put in the effort to take "my girls" to the beauty salon. :P
<<

Rouqaren Volant

Portrait

Post 2019.01.19 21:10

I'm part of a few Tabletop RPG groups online. I totally use the EVE character creator to make portraits in my scifi setting. A few of my friends have called me out on it but there's just so much customization!
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2019.01.24 21:44

I know three other females (that I know of) who play(ed) EVE Online, and yes, at least two and I suspect all three did spend a ridiculous amount of time in character creation, even knowing full well that the only place it really appears is the still portrait on the Character Sheet. Ah well, whatever makes them happy. I wasn't about to try pulling them away from it, because puncture wounds make me uncomfortable.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Silentbrick

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2019.02.06 19:38

I don't know if the Uni still has the medal, but we coined a medal for one of the girls that played. Every time she would come up on comms saying "Hey guys, guess what I found?!" lead to hilarity. I think it's the Mistress of Pain medal or something. She found two wormholes with former wartargets toys inside and that lead to the destruction of something like 18 POS's and the theft of a T3 ship and slow murder of a in wormhole carrier. ( we had no pilot to steal it.)

She just liked to....wander.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to EVE Discussion