What can/should I do inbetween EVE Classes and Fleets

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Dekan Ward

Portrait

Post 2018.06.02 05:19

What can/should I do inbetween EVE Classes and Fleets

Hey everyone,

So I have been a part of E-UNI for a couple of weeks now and have regularly tried to attend classes and fleets. The only issue I am facing at the moment is I have nothing to do in between, and feel very lost as to what to do. Any suggestions?
<<

Hideo Date

Portrait

Communications Manager
Communications Manager

Post 2018.06.02 06:51

Re: What can/should I do inbetween EVE Classes and Fleets

So if you are regularly going to fleets I assume you are not much of a solo player.

In that vain a few suggestions:

Are you currently based at a campus? If not go to one which most closely aligns with your interests and get to know the people around the area. There are always opportunities to do something with your corpmates. And if you don't have people around at your current campus, travel around to the others and see if you find someone to play there.

Some things you might be able to do with others ad-hoc: missioning, shared can mining, PvP roaming with two people or a small gang, running DED sites,...

In general: just talk to people :) , use the campus chat channels in game, get on mumble, join the slacks. If you want to do something just throw out a suggestion or ask if anybody is up for doing something together.
Communications Manager

EVE Uni blog
EVE Uni Twitter
EVE Uni Facebook

Personnel Officer

You can find me on Twitter @hideo_date
I stream over at: https://www.twitch.tv/hideodate
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Post 2018.06.02 14:59

Hideo Date wrote:Are you currently based at a campus? If not go to one which most closely aligns with your interests and get to know the people around the area. There are always opportunities to do something with your corpmates

This!

Having started out as (and still being) a new bro I joined HSC. You will have no trouble finding someone to fly missions (even lvl4!) with you or to do some mining with. Things do get exiting when Wartargets Show up and Ersin or someone else builds up a impromtu quick response force.
Generally you have to decide what aspect(s) of the game are the ones you want to focus on (the Agency Career Guide missions can help you with that). You can always find someone to do stuff together/help you out/ ask questions in the chat or on mumble.
<<

Budda Sereda

Portrait

Post 2018.06.04 06:36

Dekan Ward wrote:Hey everyone,

So I have been a part of E-UNI for a couple of weeks now and have regularly tried to attend classes and fleets. The only issue I am facing at the moment is I have nothing to do in between, and feel very lost as to what to do. Any suggestions?

Get the solid foundation for your PvP: get into ISK making process (unless you are going to PLEX your account).
Good thing to start is to kill rats in asteroid belts in low sec (Thrasher or Algos are probably the best), later in nul-sec (VNI). Do exploration: give good ISKs in nul-sec and teaches how to survive :)
Join in-game "Budda's Fleet" channel for impromptu activities and quick updates on my future fleets.
My FC career: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/User:Budda_Sereda
<<

Troven Smalvard

Portrait

Assistant Orientation Manager
Assistant Orientation Manager

Post 2018.06.04 11:44

This is also a great place to look for ideas :)

> > > Getting the most out of EVE University < < <

ImageImage ImageImage
<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.06.04 14:00

You need to decide which of two threads you will follow, PVE or PVP. I have done my share of PVE, so I try now to just focus on being in space and finding fights. But really either way, get into comms if you can, and get into a standing fleet at any campus. If you join the LSC or NSC, you can belt rat or just hunt around and make tacticals at gates and asteroid belts.

But please join comms / mumble! The more people in comms, the more people will join.
ImageImage
<<

Decklin Quark Reiger

Portrait

Post 2018.06.05 05:23

Get to know your corp-mates :)

Join a campus, join Mumble and talk to people - find out what activities they're interested in, and share stories.

See if you can join in with someone in their activity of choice, and learn from them :)

Conversely, see if someone wants to join you in an activity you enjoy :)
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2018.06.05 12:23

Decklin Quark Reiger wrote: join Mumble and talk to people

^this is the most important advice for any newbie to E-UNI. just by being in mumble you can quickly see a few things:

1. Which campuses have something going on. Lots in a campus mumble channel usually means that something is happening
2. How many fleets are out? the more of in fleet channels that are taken up the better.
3. this will give a great idea of what is happening in the E-UNI world.
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

Dairek Alamari

Portrait

Post 2018.06.29 13:18

Welcome to E-UNI! As others have mentioned, you should find a campus to call home and start looking at the available options in the game. As a Sandbox game it can be confusing as there is no linear progression. You are dumped in New Eden and have to decide what you 'want' to do.

One thing you you should investigate is the Mentor program E-UNI offers, I think you will get a lot of benefit out of it.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mentor_Program

When you joined (or shortly after) you should have received some info from an Orientation officer outlining some of the above options and the program.

Return to EVE Discussion