Your First Big Purchase: What, When, Why? How'd It Go?

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

O'b Haru Sen

Portrait

Post 2017.07.19 09:01

Re: Your First Big Purchase: What, When, Why? How'd It Go?

Alfsen Inkura wrote:Sorry, not related to the thread subject, but what's with the pokemon with a CCP logo?

Pokemon? Interesting interpretation. Just a CCP smiley. Not sure there is any special history involved.
<<

O'b Haru Sen

Portrait

Post 2017.07.19 09:08

My first raven for my first level 4 mission. I lost it in the 1st pocket of Worlds Collide because I did not understand aggro management correctly.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/34312029/
Still by biggest and most embarrassing loss so far.

Replaced it immediately with a Navy Raven though, because "never fly ...". Also I was furious.
<<

Eddie Dante

Portrait

Post 2017.07.20 08:19

Spend the start of my eve career mostly missioning. Skipped cruisers for some reason and went straight from a dessie to a hurricane. Was very excited about it 8)

(in hindsight, it wasnt a great fit with t1 tank and t1 ac's. Recently replaced it for a better looking and fitetd cyclone)
<<

Victor Kaj

Portrait

Post 2017.08.27 20:03

When i bought my pithum-BType adaptive invulnerability field costing me about 700mil isk.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2017.08.28 16:58

I've bought a Vindicator and fitted it with Shiney stuff. I've bought a Obelisk and fitted it. but my largest purchase today had been an Azbel

so far the anchoring process is happening
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

Buckey Oreland

Portrait

Post 2017.08.30 14:40

My first big investment was a Battlecruiser, I chose the Mymirddon for the omni tank and dual-repping at cap stable abilities. I just bought it, and then was bring it back to home station. Two jumps after I first undocked it, shiny new, no fittings even. Got it blown it up by a war target that just happened to be sitting on the gate I was passing through.
<<

Stasia Ohau

Portrait

Post 2017.08.30 15:21

My original Uni character (Margeux) bought a BLAP Vexor and I was sweating the cost. A few weeks later I fitted a Machariel for Incursions. When the Drone Event happened it was easier for me to buy Margeux a new one instead of retrieving the one still sitting in Amy. Probably should have gone for the VNI instead.

Not too long ago the original Vexor was handed down to Stasia to do some mission running around the AMC :lol:
<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2017.08.31 11:33

I'm not quite on Arc's level yet, but have been considering it. I've been playing on an off since around 2008 and there are only a few times I've really been concerned about the cost I'm paying out. I think the first time was a few years ago when I bought my first full high grade slave pod at around 2.2b. It was a difficult one because there was nothing really "there" so to speak.

The real big one was this thing though.

Around 32b in total just gone, only managed to even use it once!
<<

Michael Angelo Batio

Portrait

Post 2017.09.04 23:01

I can just about remember buying my first Raven on another character. For 100mil which I lost!!
Also a Nightmare at just under a Billion!
More recently a Freighter I purchased for 999 million and then sold last week for 1.2 billion.
Spent most of that money though.

Can never seem to earn enough isk haha
<<

Telinchei

Portrait

Post 2017.09.22 04:38

Well, I bought an Ishtar a while back. Stupidly I didn't permananently fit a DCU to it and it went kaboom a few weeks back. I've since bought a cloaky industrial (Viator) and I have to say, I enjoy flying cloaked and fast a lot better. :)
<<

Leonidas Tokugawa

Portrait

Post 2017.09.22 10:29

My first big purchase was a Raven. I checked assets and I found it 60 jumps away. Forgot I had it. :oops:
<<

Hoshinoko Pellion

Portrait

Post 2017.12.13 16:57

I've been playing for about 6 weeks and dropped just over 100M on an Astero + fittings. I had about 140M in ISK so it created a huge hole in my wallet. After reading some of these posts, comparatively, it was a drop in the bucket and feel better about things, so thanks!
<<

Logan Zauber

Portrait

Post 2017.12.23 22:15

Like Victor and Cryptic, my first big purchase was a 2-web Vindicator with Pith-B.

Back then, the Vindi hull cost more than the Pith B. I dropped more than a billion isk on that ship. Incurstion fleets ran every night for 3 months straight and I paid for that ship in less than 3 weeks- since then, I reckon it's earned me about 35 billion isk, probably more.
<<

Sin Tsukaya

Portrait

Post 2017.12.26 15:50

The first purchase that felt “big” to me was when I upgraded my hauler/trader alt from flying fast frigates to flying a blockade runner. Couple of hundred million, which was about half my net worth at the time, and the idea was that I could use it to support my main living in lowsec, and also to continue hauling underpriced stuff out of lowsec for a respectable profit.

Went very well, I’d say. Left me able to do independent logistics while living in the LSC (and flying much cheaper ships in pvp), and made a couple of billion trading in it as well, before I moved on to other methods. Still have the ship, and still pull it out regularly when It’s the appropriate tool for a hauling job.
<<

Sagittarius Griffins

Portrait

Post 2018.02.07 05:49

My first big purchase is an Astero, and with fittings, all added up to around 80 million isk! I still need to train Cloaking to IV before I even think about undocking the thing. So I guess its going quite well, as my Astero hasn't undocked a single time since I bought it a week ago.
P.S. The platinum insurance for my Astero only covers up to 1 million - out of a ~70 million ship :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Discussion