EVE History Project - Halloween War

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Hugh Caswakk

Portrait

Post 2017.09.08 06:51

EVE History Project - Halloween War

Hey,

I’m interested in pursuing a more comprehensive understanding of EVE history – as a historian (well, a student, but that’s just details) – the large shared narrative is incredibly impressive and, I think, worthy of increased study. In particular, the Halloween War and the events leading up to the Bloodbath at B-5BRB seems especially interesting.

Therefore, I’m interested in producing a detailed work of history, in the style of ‘Empires of EVE’, about this conflict and the events leading up to it. However, as a very new player, I don’t have any of the necessary connections or experience to effectively research these events, at least compared to more veteran players.

This leads me to ask if any more experienced players might be interested in participating in this project – I would be happy to do all requisite writing, editing and similar, but I’d appreciate help on the research side; gaining access to alliance archives or interviews, for example.

Please do PM or EVE Mail me if this seems like an interesting idea to pursue.
<<

Nanuk North

Portrait

Post 2017.09.08 16:00

Re: EVE History Project - Halloween War

What do you know about it so far?

Personally, I don't know anything about what you're talking about. That's the reason why I am asking.
<<

Hugh Caswakk

Portrait

Post 2017.09.08 19:35

Re: EVE History Project - Halloween War

Nanuk North wrote:What do you know about it so far?

Personally, I don't know anything about what you're talking about. That's the reason why I am asking.

Only a little - I'm reasonably familiar with the Bloodbath of BR-5RB - both the actual course of the action and the aftermath, as that hit mainstream gaming media.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the actual war leading up to this battle due to a combination of TheMittani being taken down (making it much harder to access reports) and the fact that most alliances don't publish their historical records.

Return to EVE Discussion