Killboard Question

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Luca Goh

Portrait

Post 2017.08.02 02:22

Killboard Question

Hey y'all. I was just wondering what determined whether a weapons system shows up on a killmail. I see that whoever gets the final blow has their weapon register, and people with tackle/EWAR register, but it otherwise seems hit or miss as to who has weapons systems register and who just has the ship they used indicated.
<<

Devinnis Pollard

Portrait

Post 2017.08.02 05:26

Re: Killboard Question

What you see on a killboard is what CCP provides via the API and mirrors the in game killmail. It's a bit sporadic at times. For instance, I've seen one where someone in a Ibis got on a killmail with the listed weapons system being an Armageddon.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.08.02 16:34

There are some known quirks, like the game listing the ship you're currently in when a target dies, as opposed to what you used to hit it. So a couple of examples would be that you died before the target died, showing you as a capsule doing damage with your former ship's guns. Or you attacking the target with your Ibis if you got destroyed but managed to dock up, get a rookie ship and went right back in to get on the killmail.

Exactly what makes you hurl actual ships at people (according to the killmails) is unclear. Why the game loses that information is unclear, but I'm guessing that's the result of them losing the stats on what you used to attack the target.
<<

Luca Goh

Portrait

Post 2017.08.02 20:38

Thanks for the info, y'all.

I had noticed the weirdness of registering your ship; I have a few kills "from a pod" already. The guns issue stood out to me because I couldn't make rhyme or reason of it. For example, in yesterday's Longbow Cormorant fleet, a few people who were flying different ships than the fleet (namely Decklin in his tackle Malediction and Tika On in her Magus) seem to always have their weapons systems show up. But among the Cormorants, it's very unusual to see someone other than the person who landed the final blow have their weapon system register, and who that might be varies between kills. I was wondering if there was something about flying a distinct ship within a blob that caused the weapon system to show up, or whether it was something about their accounts. :?:

I got interested in this as I scrolled through my Uni Killboard stats and saw that they didn't correspond with reality very much w/r/t weapons systems used. I don't necessarily expect them to, but was just curious if there was a known pattern to this or whether it was just :ccp:.

Return to EVE Discussion