Recruitment Scam Warning for Newbros.

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Infernal Fusion

Portrait

Post 2017.04.24 16:01

Recruitment Scam Warning for Newbros.

While in game today I noticed some of our members had been fighting with goons.

Fighting goons is good but after some comments in chat I thought I should make a post.

If you are approached by goonies that you do not know IN REAL LIFE they are NOT trying to recruit you they are trying to SCAM you.

Goons only recruit from active posting members of the somethingawful forums. This is one of their hard and fast rules and most members (if not all due to the consequences) are NOT willing to vouch for someone they do not know in real life.

Google "goon recruitment scam" for more information, there are also various youtube videos covering their long running scams.

If your playing to be a counter scammer/spy, there is probably no juicer target in all of Eve. If you can beat the Mittani at his own game.... bet you'd probably win Eve, the admiration and thanks of every carebear in Eve, and probably get a directors spot in BOB reloaded lol..

Lesson from this post: If you are going to join another corp, do your homework, not all are as honest and open as Eve Uni.

<<

Neonen Enderas

Portrait

Post 2017.04.24 16:34

Re: Recruitment Scam Warning for Newbros.

Sorry, but this is wrong. Look at my history, I've been a bee and I am not on that forum. This changed and newbros aren't worth being scammed.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

<<

Jorj Onzo

Portrait

Post 2017.04.24 17:15

I think the rule is if they're charging you to become a member, it's a scam. It's also a scam if they want you to move all of your stuff before officially being a member.

From the void, to the void.
<<

Neonen Enderas

Portrait

Post 2017.04.24 17:23

Jorj Onzo wrote:I think the rule is if they're charging you to become a member, it's a scam. It's also a scam if they want you to move all of your stuff before officially being a member.

From the void, to the void.
This one is a scam, executed by many people and not just Bees. ;)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

<<

Miks Rebelius

Portrait

Post 2017.04.24 18:02

If you want to join Goons and you are afraid of being scammed just join Karmafleet it is so simple.
<<

Dune Barphsaq

Portrait

Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources

Post 2017.04.24 18:22

Infernal Fusion wrote:Goons only recruit from active posting members of the somethingawful forums. This is one of their hard and fast rules and most members (if not all due to the consequences) are NOT willing to vouch for someone they do not know in real life.

This is still true for GoonWaffe, which is the main corp for people from the SA forums.

The confusion in eve is "Goons" can refer to members of the corp GoonWaffe, or more broadly the entire alliance Goonswarm Federation. So yea you're both right. Either way this is a potential scam, that has been around eve forever, even if Goon corps are no longer doing it, you see it pop up from time to time where someone does it claiming to be them, or even claiming to be someone else for that matter.

Director of Human Resources | NSC Officer | Graduate

Image Image Image
<<

Locke Eistiras

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 00:27

Many scammers in eve impersonate being a part of the big coalitions and alliances to scam. Generally they are not an actual part of the corporation or alliance themselves as behavior such as that can get them black listed and possibly a Kill On Sight marker, should you be approached do not hesitate to take it to a member of the alliance and the person doing it will find themselves with a large target on them. Even the Uni takes stuff like that very seriously. Now having said all that send me 20 million isk and I will send you an in-depth mail of how not to be scammed in eve. :lol:
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2017.04.25 12:00

Most Goons aren't on the Something Awful forums, and you should never have to pay anything to join a corp. With the Imperium recruiting left and right, it's ridiculously easy to get in anyway.
<<

Loki O'Grady

Portrait

Post 2017.05.20 03:42

Newbees should join Karmafleet anyway, KF has a better Ship Replacement Program than GoonWaffe

Return to EVE Discussion