Badger Hauler Fit Questions

For discussion of ship fittings
Tugo Kouvo

Badger Hauler Fit Questions

Post by Tugo Kouvo »

Need advice.

Source: Youtube: Eve Online - Caldari Hauling Ship Fits Alpha & Omega after WCS/Nullification Update 2021. (Just now realized this is a 2021 video:-(

Purpose: Hauling in support of my burgeoning mining career. Also, I want to join a Uni mining community and I read that creating an alt for hauling was a good idea.

Concerns:
1. I don't know what I'm doing or if this configuration even makes sense for my purpose.
2. Unlike the video, this rig's capacitor depletes in :10. Perhaps there are other skills/traits or something that proffers higher capacitor space that I don't have?
3. This hauler has 13,569.9 m3. Not sure if that's enough to be of much use.

RIG
[Badger, **Tugo Kouvo's Badger]
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Expanded Cargohold I
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Shield Extender II
EM Shield Amplifier II
Thermal Shield Amplifier II

Compact Interdiction Nullifier
Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Cargohold Optimization II
Medium Cargohold Optimization II
Duripant Alseyn-Morat dam-T'Seif

Re: Badger Hauler Fit Questions

Post by Duripant Alseyn-Morat dam-T'Seif »

I am by no means an expert, but here's my 0.02 ISK:
  1. Unless you're going into null, bubbles are irrelevant, so you may not need the interdiction nullifier. Keeping price down is (almost) always a good thing.
  2. Unless you're going into low, you may not need the MWD-Cloak. Using it in hisec will mark you as a target carrying valuable stuff. It may be safer to just haul less stuff, let them scan you to see it isn't worth ganking you and get on with your life.
  3. Also, it may be better to use a AFB-Cloak (https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=123806).
  4. On the topic of hauling, the general consensus is something like 3k ISK / EHP. I'd knock that down to 2.5k ISK / EHP, but I'm pretty risk averse, so ymmv.
  5. Remember to compress your ore before shipping.
  6. Late addition : If you're not averse to cross training, it might be worth looking into the Kryos / Miasmos. They have mining/mineral holds, so you can focus all your mod/rig slots on tank/astronautics.