PvP general purpose patrol fittings

For discussion of ship fittings
Exiesserel Charante

PvP general purpose patrol fittings

Post by Exiesserel Charante »

Eventually, I will focus more on logistics, however right now I'm a beginner with not much in skills beyond Short Skill Plan + Pyramid L1. I would like to have a general purpose PvP ship that doesn't instantly get ripped apart, and one that I can use to join PvP patrols and fleets in nullsec or hisec.

What would the suggested fittings and skill plans be for such a general purpose ship?
Grognard Commissar

Re: PvP general purpose patrol fittings

Post by Grognard Commissar »

well, for lower-skill players, it is often recommended to fly cheap electronic warfare frigates or cheap fast tackle. for DPS, get enough of em, and arty thrashers deal a crapload of alpha damage for their cost.

as your skills grow, and you get into tech 2 destroyers, interdictors are practically required for nullsec pvp. we actually made a doctrine consisting almost entirely of interdictors, and it was a blast. effective as well.
Recruiter for [F3AR] Sundering.
Charles Fossil III

Post by Charles Fossil III »

Not to hijack the thread, but are the fits described in the Frigate Yearbook a good baseline?
Southpaw Hardin

Post by Southpaw Hardin »

Charles Fossil III wrote: 2024.02.13 15:29 Not to hijack the thread, but are the fits described in the Frigate Yearbook a good baseline?
They are for solo PvP in the faction warfare environment. Some of the other fits in there are ok outside of that(MWD slicer for example), but in general that's a plex combat guide.
Industrialist with lofty dreams. Follow my exploits here: Confessions of a Small Time Arms Dealer