Mining Blitz Fittings.

For discussion of ship fittings
Sevin Dragooba
Title: Sophomore

Mining Blitz Fittings.

Post by Sevin Dragooba »

Haven't seen anything about Mining Blitz on the Wiki, So thought I would add some info for those interested. I have done Limiteds through Standards, but I will start with an easy fit for Hi-Sec Limiteds.

ORE Venture for Hi-Sec Limited Mining Blitz Sites (Approx Cost 5.5M ISK)

Rigs:
Small Semiconductor Memory Cell (For Cap Stability)
Small Thermal Shield reinforcer (May change according to Mobs where you are Running)

High Slots:
2x EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser (you could run anything from I's to T2's, but range is most important)

Mid Slots:
5MN Microwarpdrive (Any Will do, I would recommend Quad Lif Restrained, but if compact needed, do that)
Medium Shield Extender II (Use Azeotropic if not skilled to T2)
Multispectrum Shield hardener II (Use Compact if needed)

Low Slot:
Damage Control II (Use I or IFFA if Needed)

Drones:
2x Light Scout Drones (I'm using Caldari Navy Hornets, Substitute according to damage needed / Isk)

You will notice that almost no effort is made to increase Mining amounts in this fit. That is because the site is all about mining a bunch of little asteroids. If you let the Miners cycle for about 1/3 of a cycle, then shut them off and move to the next asteroid, you will completely empty the asteroid. If you let the miner run for it's entire 60 sec. cycle, you will not get any more ore, because each asteroid only contains approx. 1000 Units.
This venture is way over tanked for Limiteds, but I have lost one in a Minor due to my own stupidity. It's a cheap fit, but is more than enough for the job, and easy to replace if you do something stupid.

So, game plan for Limiteds is to slide the gate, release drones, target nearest asteroid, mine for 1/3 a cycle (Some mine 2 different asteroids w/ one laser each for 2/3 cycle), Shut off Miners, begin mining another one. Open your Inventory window and select your mining hold. If Mining Solo, when you get 9,000 units or so, start heading to the Orca, mining as you go. If in a group of 2, start heading to the Orca when about 4,000 units, mining as you go. Your team must deposit 10,000 units into the Orca to complete the instance. ore not deposited does not count. If in a group of 3, and 2 people put 5,000 units in, the 3d player will fail the instance, and get no ISK. If, however, they put 500 units (or any at all) in, they are included in the payout. Using this venture and technique, you can complete it solo, and with a little practice, get bronze every time. Two people can get silver every time, and should get gold regularly. A group of 3, doing 3400 units each, can get gold without any trouble at all. Payouts range from 1M ISK for completion to 1.8M ISK for gold with fair social skills.

I Hope this is of use to you, and if there is interest, I would be happy to talk about doing Minors, etc (Minors are 4 player, 20,000 ore required, tougher Mobs, and 3x the Payout for each player). This is my first post other than Hi & Bye, so if I need to make any edits to my format, or posted in the wrong area, feel free to let me know.

Fly Safe,
Sevin
Image[/url]
Image Image Image Image Image
Ezra Salaz

Re: Mining Blitz Fittings.

Post by Ezra Salaz »

Thank you for the write up. Was looking for something with a bit more info than what I had at hand and this was it.