Vexor fit advice

For discussion of ship fittings
Rhys Jernigan

Vexor fit advice

Post by Rhys Jernigan »

Hi all. I am a returning player after MANY years away. I had purchased a Vexor just as I stopped playing and its one of the few ships I have in my inventory. I am looking for advice on PvE fits.

I have ~20mil SP and had previously trained heavy into drones + hydrid turrets. I also have spent a lot of time doing exploration and would potentially be interested in the Vexor to Ishtar path if that's still viable for exploration.

Thanks so much for the advice!
-Rhys
Uryence
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Re: Vexor fit advice

Post by Uryence »

Rhys Jernigan wrote: 2022.01.23 20:29 Hi all. I am a returning player after MANY years away. I had purchased a Vexor just as I stopped playing and its one of the few ships I have in my inventory. I am looking for advice on PvE fits.

I have ~20mil SP and had previously trained heavy into drones + hydrid turrets. I also have spent a lot of time doing exploration and would potentially be interested in the Vexor to Ishtar path if that's still viable for exploration.

Thanks so much for the advice!
-Rhys
You might get quicker answers on the Uni Discord's fitting channel (one thing that's changed over the years is, I think, that more comms happens on the Discord now).

I ratted in a Vexor at the null-sec campus for a while, and I used a mixed flight (2H, 2M, 1L) of drones, plus as minimal an active shield tank as I could get away with in the mid slots, drone damage augmentors, a DCU and a capacitor flux coil in the lows, and no highs (wasting the turret bonus on the hull, of course). Backup drone flights included ECM drones for last-ditch escape attempts. That was fine, but possibly not optimal: I think you can rat faster by fitting blasters and hurling yourself at the enemy, in a 'sixth drone' strategy. If what you mean by 'exploration' is finding and doing combat sites, you might also want something more heavy-duty, I'm not sure. People do still definitely use Ishtars for combat sites. The Gila is also very popular, because it requires less SP investment, but I guess you might already have HACs trained up?

Definitely ask on Discord if you can: I suspect you'll get better advice there than I can scratch together here.
2022 fleet command cumulative delta: 33,014,075,514.00 ISK
Rhys Jernigan

Re: Vexor fit advice

Post by Rhys Jernigan »

Thanks Uryence. I am on Discord -- I didn't realize the forum activity had moved there so much. Fly safe!
-Rhys