War prep - standard ships/fittings?

For discussion of ship fittings
Rouch Bunc Pappotte

War prep - standard ships/fittings?

Post by Rouch Bunc Pappotte »

I've only just made it to the high sec campus but see that wars seem to come along like buses here! Just wondering, are there standard ships/fittings we should aim to have so we're ready for the next one? I've seen mention of doctrines but that terminology is beyond me at the moment!

Cheers

Rouch
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

Re: War prep - standard ships/fittings?

Post by Arkady Marten »

Doctrines are nothing more than a pre-defined set of ships (including fittings) that work well together for a particular purpose. The Uni's doctrines are listed in the Doctrines section of the Forum. Don't let the flood of information put you off - you'll get to know the various doctrines as you go on fleets and take part in QRFs (quick reaction force).

In war-time, sometimes there's a planned fleet, sometimes it's a QRF. Sometimes the FC will call for particular ships, sometimes it's "kitchen sink", i.e. bring whatever you have / what you like to fly / what you're willing to lose. Some ships that usually work well for all kinds of fleets: RLML Caracals, Magic Merlins, AAFs, Nano Kiting, Brawling Cruisers. I'd especially look through the first two of these doctrines to find some ships you're interested in and that you can fly with your current skills, e.g. the T1 RLML Caracal.

Other ships that are always handy to have around are: T1 Tackle frigates and T1 Ewar frigates. Fits for these are in the Flight Deck section of the doctrines, and being flight deck ships, they are usually kept in stock at the various campuses, including HSC.

As you progress with your skills, the ships you can fly changes, and maybe you develop a particular interest in one direction or another. For example, there's a whole range of logi ships ("healing" role) and Ewar ships that are used primarily in planned fleets, but also sometimes in QRFs. By the way: For structure bashes (when we attack the headquarters of the guys who declared war on us) ships are provided, you don't need to bring your own.

Feel free to go on Discord with further questions regarding ships and doctrines - there's always people there to help, and you'll likely to get a response very quickly.
Image Image
Rouch Bunc Pappotte

Re: War prep - standard ships/fittings?

Post by Rouch Bunc Pappotte »

Thank you Arkady for the really useful details and advice :)