Opinions on this Interceptor fitting

For discussion of ship fittings
Francios Gaterau

Opinions on this Interceptor fitting

Post by Francios Gaterau »

This is strictly a Travel fitting with a sub-2 sec align time. Any thoughts are welcome!

Ares

Adaptive Nano Plating II
Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium Shield Extender II
EM Shield Hardener II

Improved 'Guise' Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

With the MWD offline, align time is 1.95s and Signature goes from 243 to 54 Warp Speed: 10 AU/s

EHP: 5.66k (Em: 6.09k, Th: 4.88k, Kin: 6.36k, Exp: 5.95k)
Shield: 2.98k (Em: 51%, Th: 30%, Kin: 56%, Exp: 56%)
Armor: 891 (Em: 63%, Th: 52%, Kin: 59%, Exp: 33%)
Hull: 1.79k (Em: 60%, Th: 60%, Kin: 60%, Exp: 60%)

Speed: 489 m/s
Signature: 54 m
Capacitor: 341 GJ (Stable at 73%)
Targeting range: 35.1 km
Scan resolution: 621 mm
Sensor strength: 11

Thanks in advance!

FG
If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.
Edhin Delphiki

Re: Opinions on this Interceptor fitting

Post by Edhin Delphiki »

The EVE University Wiki has a decent page that talks about travel fitting, supported skills, module explanation, and some sample fits towards the bottom. The wiki entry is located here:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Travel_fits

You made have already read the post, but perhaps another pilot viewing this post can get some additional details. :D

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Francios Gaterau

Edhin Delphiki wrote:The EVE University Wiki has a decent page that talks about travel fitting, supported skills, module explanation, and some sample fits towards the bottom. The wiki entry is located here:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Travel_fits

You made have already read the post, but perhaps another pilot viewing this post can get some additional details. :D

Warm Regards,
Edhin
I politely asked for thoughts on the fitting. Not having the thread hijacked to put a link to somewhere else.
White 0rchid

Post by White 0rchid »

Francios Gaterau wrote:I politely asked for thoughts on the fitting. Not having the thread hijacked to put a link to somewhere else.
No need for such a hostile response there bud. What Edhin said was good advice. The travel fits on the wiki work just fine. If you would prefer an MWD, swap one of the shield extenders out. If you want a cloak, fit the prototype. You've tried to make it tankier by fitting an active shield module and an armor resist mod. It's just not worth it as 99% of the time you will be in warp and you want that hyperspatial (you've removed an istab to fit the nozzle joints rig which isn't necessary). Also you've put a cloak on that is almost as expensive as the ship, it's just not worth it.
WE FORM V0LTA
Edhin Delphiki

Post by Edhin Delphiki »

Francios Gaterau wrote:I politely asked for thoughts on the fitting. Not having the thread hijacked to put a link to somewhere else.
It was not my intention to hijack this thread. I often recommend references to our wiki as the forum and wiki are great tools to use together.

From your fit, it looks like you are trying to have a higher EHP travel ceptor. If that is your goal, I did some quick research on some fits:

[Ares, EHP Runner]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small EM Shield Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

This depends on your skills, but it can reach over 10k EHP. There are some pros and cons here though.

The pro here is that you could survive probably a pulse of a smart bomb. However, you are easier to lock on to with two shield extenders and shield support rigs that increase your signature radius.

Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Francios Gaterau

Edhin Delphiki wrote:
It was not my intention to hijack this thread. I often recommend references to our wiki as the forum and wiki are great tools to use together.

From your fit, it looks like you are trying to have a higher EHP travel ceptor. If that is your goal, I did some quick research on some fits:

[Ares, EHP Runner]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small EM Shield Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

This depends on your skills, but it can reach over 10k EHP. There are some pros and cons here though.

The pro here is that you could survive probably a pulse of a smart bomb. However, you are easier to lock on to with two shield extenders and shield support rigs that increase your signature radius.

Regards,
Edhin
Sorry, Edhin.

I will take a look at the corp travel fittings. And I will apologize to you and the community for my rudeness.
You've been a help to me in Uni.

ps; I haven't tested this fit yet but it looks like a faster align time. So far, by far, the largest factor in signature radius is whether or not the MWD is online.
Francios Gaterau

White 0rchid wrote:
No need for such a hostile response there bud. What Edhin said was good advice. The travel fits on the wiki work just fine. If you would prefer an MWD, swap one of the shield extenders out. If you want a cloak, fit the prototype. You've tried to make it tankier by fitting an active shield module and an armor resist mod. It's just not worth it as 99% of the time you will be in warp and you want that hyperspatial (you've removed an istab to fit the nozzle joints rig which isn't necessary). Also you've put a cloak on that is almost as expensive as the ship, it's just not worth it.
I do apologize. There is no reason to respond in the manner I did.
Edhin Delphiki

Post by Edhin Delphiki »

Francios Gaterau wrote: Sorry, Edhin.

I will take a look at the corp travel fittings. And I will apologize to you and the community for my rudeness.
You've been a help to me in Uni.
It is quite alright. We are here to help, help research, or share some experiences. Fly safe! o7

Warm Regards,
Edhin
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Essellone Reactor

Post by Essellone Reactor »

You probably looked at the fits on the wiki but nothing is cast is stone.

If you deviated from the "standard" or "suggested" fit you really need to explain what considerations you made, what decisions you've taken, what the rationale was behind those decisions, and why you ended up with the fit you did. Otherwise it's hard for people to make constructive comments because they don't know what the thought process behind the fit was.

For instance, you may have limited skills and available ISK at the moment, so a prime consideration might be getting a fit that you could fly within your ISK budget. A person not knowing what those constraints were and just focussing on a "skills no issue, ISK no issue" "perfect" fit may be somewhat dismissive...

As they say, context is everything.
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

A lot of folks in my corp like to fit a core probe launcher on our travel ceptors. The idea is that you can use Thera holes (and normal wormholes, sometimes, although the time tradeoffs to scan those is often not efficient) to save significant numbers of jumps when moving jump clones. While the Thera bookmarks are usually publicly available, sometimes it helps to have your own tools for that.

An Ares fit on those lines looks like this:
Spoiler
[Ares, travel with probes]

Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
EM Ward Amplifier II

Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Prototype Cloaking Device I
[Empty High slot]

The only other thing is that if you have the skills to stay under the 2s threshold with it, using 2 inertials and 1 nano is better than using 3 inertials. The inertials bloom your signature, creating some risk that a true instalocker with very good ping could catch you on a gate. Going with a nanofiber instead of the third inertial makes this low risk extremely low.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Thelonious Jagger

Post by Thelonious Jagger »

Your fit is bad and your attitude is badderer
Just call me TJ :)
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

Post by Laura Karpinski »

Thelonious Jagger wrote:Your fit is bad and your attitude is badderer
Be respectful, please. OP has apologised for his earlier tone.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!