Viable Abyssal Vexor?

For discussion of ship fittings
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Viable Abyssal Vexor?

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

Been trying to research a cruiser to play around with abyssals (since the SP event makes it quite tempting to try something new) - a good cruiser that can do the job and not cost an arm and a leg.

I’ve been doing some research into Vexor fits, with drones being my best weapon platform (certified industrial carebear here!). I found a fit, and tweaked it a bit to upgrade a few of the capabilities (the original fit seemed to play into some lower fitting skills than i currently have) - just looking for any feedback, since I know we have a few experienced abyssal runners here!

I think my intended type here is Thermal (hence the thermal rig) -plays into the Armor tank, AND the fit is cap stable so the electrical type doesn’t have as much of an advantage (yes, neuting would still make electricals attractive, but since I’m putting a resistance rig on, had to pick one).

Thank you for any feedback and advice!
Spoiler
[Vexor, Simulated Vexor Fitting]
Damage Control II
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Medium Armor Repairer II

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Denny Enduring Omnidirectional Tracking Link
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Anode Electron Particle Cannon I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Anti-Thermal Pump I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Hobgoblin II x5
Infiltrator I x5
Hammerhead I x5

Tungsten Charge M x5800
Antimatter Charge M x5000
Optimal Range Script x1
Anidien Dallacort - Director of Education
Skirmish FC, Graduate

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
KPYTOE KOPOBO
Title: Freshman

Re: Viable Abyssal Vexor?

Post by KPYTOE KOPOBO »

I feel its too susceptible to neuts, repping isn't enough and damage output is negligent (and shortsighted), however go try it on singularity server.

What abyss level are you planning this for ?
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

For now, Calms, maybe try my hand at agitated. But just trying to get some experience in it. I did try it in a few calms, and ended up with 10 minute clear times, but was curious if I should push the envelope with it haha.

I was never neuted but yeah can see where that would be a problem. And damage definitely is shortsighted - the web was helping keep things in range, but I’d prefer more range! The amount of damage wasn’t too bad - so long as the drones weren’t taking too much fire (and therefore had to be recalled for a bit) - guns only was pathetic, but that’s a skill thing too.

I went back to where I found the base fit, and realized it quoted it’s source: CCP: https://www.eveonline.com/now/surviving-the-abyss. Haha, guess I’ll be careful about trying anything else on there, if the fit is bad in every way!!

Back to the drawing board (since I’ve enjoyed this the last couple days, playing in a bit more is in order)! Thanks for the advice!
Skirmish FC, Graduate

Cucumber Roll

Post by Cucumber Roll »

I have been running calms with this fit on a very low skills character
Spoiler
[Vexor, 4 Bob]
Abyssal Damage Control
'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I
'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I
Medium I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
Drone Damage Amplifier II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II

Dual 150mm Carbide Railgun I

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Hornet I x8
Praetor I x2
Vespa I x3

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x2472
Antimatter Charge M x8854
Iron Charge M x6872
with slightly better skills and a few cheap upgrades it could probably run TIIs but I haven't attempted it. I have successfully run every TI except darks with this and I have run close to 30 sites without any losses. (maybe it could do darks as well but I haven't tried,)
Anidien Dallacort
Director of Education
Director of Education

Thanks! I’m going to have to see how I can tweak that. Looks like it changes (compared to my OP) out the drone tracking mod for a cap battery, which would certainly help with neuting, I like that.

I have a feeling I’ll run into trouble with trying to fit the rails (not enough levels of Weapon Upgrades), but since they are undersized, I’ll have to see how that goes. I’d certainly prefer rails over blasters in this application.
Skirmish FC, Graduate

Rawn Niven

Post by Rawn Niven »

Is the 'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I covered by the [type] Armor Compensation skills?

The skill description says it applies to Armor Coatings and Energized Platings, but I'm not sure which categories from Armour Plates down to Resistance plating in the Market the skills cover. For instance, does Energised plating mean just those items under energised plating or include the adaptive nano plating?

I know Armour Hardeners are not covered though.
Hirmuolio Pine
Title: Wiki Curator, Graduate

Post by Hirmuolio Pine »

Yes.

Those armor compensation skills cover all passive armor resits modules (not rigs, or damage control or active hardeners).
William Fate

Post by William Fate »

Honestly, for calms you can just use a buffer. I run in a caracal with 30k ehp (altho i don't need that much) and around 500 dps (altho running them when i had only 300 dps was not an issue either). This way you don't need to worry that much about doing a lot of stuff. In Calms you rarely get neuted and for very little amount. You just need to warp to some structure after every filament to repair. Otherwise the fit you presented is solid for Calms and maybe Agitated too. Just don't try to run anything more than that
Rawn Niven

Post by Rawn Niven »

This is true, William, I'm not struggling at the moment with the recommended build.
I'm only doing 270 ish dps; I've no idea how you get to 500 dps?!? But, I'm only Alpha...

I tried an agitated yesterday and got served. They neuted me and I couldn't do a thing.
Next step for me, is to learn how to avoid being neuted.

BTW; nice hat & T-Shirt combo ;-)