Raven

For discussion of ship fittings
Bogleto Burtolini

Raven

Post by Bogleto Burtolini »

Hi,

Has anyone got a good fit for a Raven? I want it to be tanky but also good firepower.

Many thanks

Bogleto
Gergoran Moussou

Re: Raven

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

What is your intended use?
9th CCI medalist

Vetalas Monas

Post by Vetalas Monas »

If you haven't yet seen this page, check this out:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Raven/Fittings
Leia Minmatar

Post by Leia Minmatar »

Just fly a Rattlesnake
Who is Grygr?
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Leia Minmatar wrote:Just fly a Rattlesnake
I'd generally agree with this. There are situations to use a Raven or Raven Navy Issue, but Rattlesnakes do more damage, are more durable, and aren't really that much slower.

Unless you're going for some sort of fleet doctrine (and people looking for fleet doctrines generally aren't coming here) based around engaging at standoff range (The Initiative. had a concept like this for offensive operations which had to be retired after last year's change to command destroyers, United Federation of Conifers and Rekking Crew have used triaged Raven/RNI for defensive objectives, but seem to have moved away from that as well, especially after the recent triage changes) with the bonus to cruise missile velocity, I can't really see many use cases in which Ravens would be cost-effective.

One situation in which I might go with Ravens (I have a saved fit from something like this which never actually got used) would be fighting in a pulsar system where the bonus to shield buffer and missile application would benefit the Rattlesnake too. Ideally a wormhole home defense doctrine would be the most expensive thing that the defending corp could field (all of your stuff is on the line, so you spare no expense in how you protect it), so I'd go with either Nightmares, Rattlesnakes, or shield Machariels for a pulsar, but for a corp which isn't particularly wealthy, I can see Ravens being mixed in with Rattlesnakes.
9th CCI medalist

RIP Sykes

Post by RIP Sykes »

Hi all,

Resurecting an old post, I have a Raven Navy Issue which I would like to use to run T4 missions again, is there a modern build for this thing (mines 13 years old/out of date)