[Carriers] [PC9] Best Fits?

For discussion of ship fittings
ZephyrLexx

[Carriers] [PC9] Best Fits?

Post by ZephyrLexx »

Just want to play with my Chimera and Thantos in PC9 or around there, I figure I should fit them with rigs leaning more towards manouverability so I can warp back to station when a tango shows up in local, but what else? This is my current Chimera fit:
[Chimera, Sleeper Service]
Sentient Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

10000MN Afterburner I
Caldari Navy Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Capital Shield Extender II
Sentient Drone Navigation Computer
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Large Plasma Smartbomb II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II

Capital Core Defense Field Extender I
Capital Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Capital Drone Durability Enhancer I

Tracking Speed Script x1
Nanite Repair Paste x1000
Optimal Range Script x1

Equite I x9
Locust I x9
Gram I x9
Templar I x9
Dragonfly I x9
Firbolg I x9
Einherji I x8
As for the Thanatos I have no idea really because I've been Caldari all my life and know next to nothing about armour tanking, so a suggested fit for that would be great.
[Thanatos, Limiting Factor]
Capital I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
25000mm Steel Plates II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

Large YF-12a Smartbomb

Tracking Speed Script x1
Optimal Range Script x1
Yes nothing is filled and I haven't even undocked with it yet obviously, just showing what I have.

I'm not super-super ISK rich but I do fly a 5bil Rattlesnake in hi-sec for missions, so a 2-3bil carrier fit isn't something i'm afraid of.

Also yes, I know the corp isn't designed to rescue a carrier under attack and it's up to me to be careful etc, but these are really just my 'toys' that I want to play with now and again for fun - you remember fun right? hehe.

Anyway, what changes could I make, primarily to the chimera, with regards to *as safe as possible when in a belt aligned to station ready to warp when a neutral shows up in local* could I change?

Thanks in advance,
para
Gergoran Moussou

Re: [Carriers] [PC9] Best Fits?

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Where's the Networked Sensor Array? I can't really give capital fits because the ones which I have access to are OpSec (as capital stuff tends to be), but that's an extremely important module. Don't undock without it.

What purposes are you planning on using the carriers for? Thanatos is generally considered to be the best overall (though Nidhoggur is probably a bit better for PVE).
9th CCI medalist

Rayanth

Post by Rayanth »

Obligatory "I am not in NSC" but my own understanding with regard to Capitals in use around NSC's campus (which is based mostly on what I've seen in past discussions here on the forums and in previous edits to the relevant wiki pages) is not just that the NSC can't come to your rescue, but that the use of Capitals in that area draws significantly more attention to the area in general, making it a much more dangerous place to be for everyone, regardless of whether you expect them to rescue you.

In a nutshell, other players are going to see Capitals in use near PC9 and probably know that the Uni is unlikely to defend them, so they're going to frequent the area more often looking for juicy/easy Capital kills...and will take any fight they can get, when they're there, so everyone else is at risk.
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Rayanth wrote:Obligatory "I am not in NSC" but my own understanding with regard to Capitals in use around NSC's campus (which is based mostly on what I've seen in past discussions here on the forums and in previous edits to the relevant wiki pages) is not just that the NSC can't come to your rescue, but that the use of Capitals in that area draws significantly more attention to the area in general, making it a much more dangerous place to be for everyone, regardless of whether you expect them to rescue you.

In a nutshell, other players are going to see Capitals in use near PC9 and probably know that the Uni is unlikely to defend them, so they're going to frequent the area more often looking for juicy/easy Capital kills...and will take any fight they can get, when they're there, so everyone else is at risk.
This is very good advice. Casually flinging your expensive ships around is a great way to entice people to bait them out. I've been of the opinion that NSC and WHC capital policies go a bit too far (WHC doesn't really have a reason to use them except for SHTF-level eviction threats due to not being able to bring them out of the system, though). However, if you use them (my recommend uses would be either hot-dropping people or running L5 missions), you need to be very careful about what sort of attention that brings.
9th CCI medalist

Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Rayanth wrote:Obligatory "I am not in NSC" but my own understanding with regard to Capitals in use around NSC's campus (which is based mostly on what I've seen in past discussions here on the forums and in previous edits to the relevant wiki pages) is not just that the NSC can't come to your rescue, but that the use of Capitals in that area draws significantly more attention to the area in general, making it a much more dangerous place to be for everyone, regardless of whether you expect them to rescue you.

well, a) syndicate gets slightly more popular in the last weeks (from a smallgang perspective) since nsc is growing again \o/ which is really cool. and b) there is some nsc people already who welp regulary 1b+ ships without a reason.. so a carrier more or less won't change the whole situation.