Fitting Tools?

For discussion of ship fittings
Quanah

Fitting Tools?

Post by Quanah »

Are there any Fitting tools besides the in-game one? The EFT tool used to be very useful, but now the site seems to be gone. The Wiki lists another, Pyr, but that link goes to what looks like a developers site, and doesn't download executable stuff. I'm not a programmer, so it might be a valid source. However I couldn't see how to get anything from it (probably 'cause it's way beyond my paygrade!)
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Re: Fitting Tools?

Post by Yrgrasil »

https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/releases/latest

haven't checked whats in the wiki, but with that link you should find the .exe (or whatever you need for your operating system)
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

If you're referring to Pyfa, I think you may have missed the executable download. Go to the Pyfa release page, scroll down to or ctrl+F "Assets", and download the Windows executable there. Install it like any other executable and enjoy the best fitting tool currently available.

If you don't have Windows, I'm afraid you'll have to figure out how to install it yourself - but then, you kind of brought that on yourself by trying to game on a non-Windows platform.

Hope this helps!
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Quanah

Post by Quanah »

Thanks, you two. That did help. I just didn't find the .exe file b/c it was at the bottom. The program looks like EFT and appears to have imported my characters from an old EFT file. Now I'm having problems trying to get it to update thru SSO. SIgh
Trew Berserk

Post by Trew Berserk »

If you authorize Pyfa through: Global -> Manage ESI Characters -> Add Character
and then link that Character to a Character created in Pyfa through: Editors-> Character Editor -> New Character -> EVE SSO (link the ESI character to the Pyfa character you just created)
You should be good to go (I'm no Pyfa expert so if this dosen't help... well I'm out of advice in that matter)

Pyfa is by far the best fitting tool available in my opinion. That being said I would also recommend Neocom II for iOS and android. Neocom II has a decent built in fitting tool, and it let's you kill time effectively on the go :D

Speaking of fittings... in case you haven't already - check out https://www.eveworkbench.com/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wealth, security and strenght relies on fleets and cloaky bastards
Kyle Hargrove

Post by Kyle Hargrove »

EVE Workbench looks great! Didn't know about it - thanks for pointing it out! :D
Athena Firefly
Title: Sophomore

Post by Athena Firefly »

Trew Berserk wrote:Neocom II for iOS and android
Neocom is only for iOS. Not Android.

However, for Android there are apps such as 'EVE Droid' and 'Evanova' that can also do fittings. :)
~~~ I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar! ~~~

Teaching Assistant Manager | Fittings Staff
Former: NSC Manager | NSC Hangar Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
Trew Berserk

Post by Trew Berserk »

Athena Firefly wrote:Neocom is only for iOS. Not Android.
I stand corrected.
Celine en Chasteaux

Post by Celine en Chasteaux »

EVE Workbench now has an corporation mode, which might be worth keeping an eye on as a Fleet-Up replacement. Think it's just basic at the moment, though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/e ... ersion_10/
Tiramisu Enjoyer
Noh Luciola
Title: Sophomore

Post by Noh Luciola »

Another great 3rd party tool is Evemon:

https://github.com/peterhaneve/evemon/r ... tag/4.0.13

It's focus is more skill planning but it has features for asset management and many other things as well. It will help you coordinate your skill plan with the ships you want to fly.
eoiles
Title: Freshman

Post by eoiles »

there is a fitting app called neocom which only on the ios paltform, very nice.
Trew Berserk

Post by Trew Berserk »

Are there any Pyfa experts in forum?

I would like to use the graphs in Pyfa to evaluate my fit against diffrent targets (both PVP and PVE)...

It seems that for any fit I make, when I open the graph I'm default given the DPS against an ideal target. The typical target (either PVP or PVE) will most of the time not act as an ideal target, which in my opinion reders this graph somewhat useless.
With PVP in mind I can then select any of my own fits or create one from intel, if I'm on a personal vendetta, to see my new fit against that perticular ship in a PVP situation - great!
For PVE however I can "only" choose from NPC's in general - not ship class specific (fx. Serpentis frigate, Guristas Battleship ect.)... To my knowledge variables such as target signature radius and maximum speed has a great impact in the applied damage from a given fit...
In case I'm all wrong please educate me :wink:

So these are my questions (and please bare with the pyfa noob):
1. Is there a function that I'm missing?
2. Are there any importable target profile list (ship class specific including signature radius and maximum speed?)
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

at "Editors" -> "Target Profile Editor" you can add own profiles. With for example http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item ... e_id=10019 you can build the NPCs you want to add there.
In theory it should not be that hard to somehow script the stuff and get some copy/paste line out of it. Maybe ask Hirmulio about that, he is kinda into that if he still plays.

Also see the ideal target more as an reference. Its not that useless :)
Trew Berserk

Post by Trew Berserk »

Great, thanks!

I was kinda hoping for a quick fix, but I guess I’ll try to build a generic line of NPC ship classes based on wiki ships and wiki signature radius - I might even learn something along the way :wink: