Dragoon - all neut drones, fleet fitting

For discussion of ship fittings
Gergoran Moussou

Dragoon - all neut drones, fleet fitting

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

How well would a Dragoon with nothing but neuts (probably rocket launchers in the turret/launcher high slots because there are no turret bonuses and it's good out to roughly the same range as neuts) and neut drones work as a support ship?

I'm thinking of something like the armor fleet fittings out on the wiki, but with Acolyte EV-300 as the only drone used. This loadout would obviously not have enough damage for solo stuff, but in fleet engagements, I can imagine it being a useful support for shutting down logi or EWAR.

Is someone with a decent amount of experience (i.e. not me) able to tell me if this would be worth the reduced damage?
9th CCI medalist

Raido Kudonen

Re: Dragoon - all neut drones, fleet fitting

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Good question!

Neut drones don't neut enough to ever be worth it. A single Acolyte EV-300 applies 10% of the neut pressure of a t1/compact/scoped small neutralizer, so a full flight is worth at best half of a single neut, and less if you're using t2 or faction neuts. Since the flight also doesn't benefit from any of the Dragoon's bonuses except drone HP, the Dragoon's bonuses don't change the default state of worthlessness.

Damage drones, on the other hand, are always useful.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Cutecumber Roll

Re: Dragoon - all neut drones, fleet fitting

Post by Cutecumber Roll »

Better idea is to use only neuts and nosferatu in the high slots. 5 light damage drones as normal but the neuting power of a destroyer is enough to be very dangerous in a small gang environment, and with a large chunk of the damage being delivered by those drones anyway and the useful range bonus the dragoon is an excellent candidate for it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage