Arbitrator Cap-stable PvE fit

For discussion of ship fittings
Atadar Yassavi

Arbitrator Cap-stable PvE fit

Post by Atadar Yassavi »

So, I was toying with the Arbitrator for a bit, and found a comfortable disruption fit for PvE and lowsec ratting.
The key idea was to make a ratting Arbitrator which can dispatch any type of rats of reasonable size in any region in the "set close orbit, watch them die" mode.

Strong points of the fit:
[*] Capacitor-stable without repairs, capacitor-stable with repairs and batteries
[*] Automatically matches resistances to incoming damage, useful for newcomers who haven't yet learnt this mechanic thoroughly
[*] Rockets can deal any damage type, allowing to match to rats in any region (Amarrians in Heimatar, rejoice!)
[*] Rapid Light Missile Launchers ensure reliable application to any rat size, frigates included
[*] Light drones, while not dealing as much damage as Medium drones, have better application and rarely take damage from rats
[*] Tracking disruptors allow to fit the cruiser below guns of larger rats
[*] If things are getting hot, you can pull range, range-disrupt the largest enemies, and still apply DPS at 70+ km while you tend to your repairs

Weak points of the fit:
[*] Damage Control must be swapped for Damage Control II as soon as your skills allow that
[*] Reactive Hardener starts with 15%/15%/15%/15% resistances and only reaches its optimum (e.g. 15% Kinetic, 45% Explosive) after several cycles of sustained fire with your shields down
[*] Light Drones should be swapped to Medium Drones if you have the skills for that
[*] DPS is dependent on the level of the Drones skill, which takes more than a day to learn to level V

Upgrade recommendations:
[*] Damage Control II is a must for any ship
[*] Prototype "Arbalest" Rapid Light Missile Launchers will provide a substantial boost to DPS, but at a price
[*] Caldari Navy Light Missiles will give a (relatively) cheap boost to DPS
[*] Once you learn the NPC Damage Cheatsheet by heart, swap the Reactive Hardener for Prototype Armor Hardener of appropriate type, which will conserve your capacitor
[*] Once you learn to maneuver to avoid taking damage, you can swap out the cap booster for a third Disruptor or a Missile Guidance Disruptor
[*] Regular Repairer can be swapped for an Ancillary Repairer to help with damage control while positioning around heavier threats

With a bit of careful maneuvering and smart disruption application, this fit can dispatch Angel Clone Transporters solo, but if you are not sure you can close range fast enough, fleet up with a frigate who will get into a tight orbit and let you warp to 0 at him.

Fit:

Code: Select all

[Arbitrator, PvE+TD Boat]
Damage Control I
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
800mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Reactive Armor Hardener
Medium 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Baker Nunn Enduring Tracking Disruptor I
Baker Nunn Enduring Tracking Disruptor I
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I