Raven

For discussion of ship fittings
Max Tsero

Raven

Post by Max Tsero »

The Raven Fittings on the wiki is out-of-date and seems a little confused (T1 tank on T2 fit)
Lazy good for nothing slacker who resigned his staff roles...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Want a custom signature? EVEMail: John Silverfox
O'b Haru Sen
Title: Sophomore

Re: Raven

Post by O'b Haru Sen »

Fixed the module names.
The T1 invuln seems intentional to me, as a T2 can only be fitted with perfect skills.
Kyle Hargrove

Post by Kyle Hargrove »

Yeah - they're pre-tiericide modules, so after the update they end up not making much sense at all. I'll probably revise them with the rest of the Fittings staff as soon as I sort out my crap and get the ball rolling :P
Erwin Madelung
BANNED
BANNED
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Post by Erwin Madelung »

lol

The issue with outdated fits isn't that the module names don't exist anymore but that the fits aren't good anymore. Herocats haven't been used since before I joined eve university nearly two years ago. Its fit and also the "Cruise Fleet" are simply not how you would fit a Raven anymore. You fit at least one guidance computer and one sensor booster. See for example https://zkillboard.com/kill/77350177/ or https://zkillboard.com/kill/77350147/ The Initiative famously fits even three guidance computers and two sensor boosters to achieve maximal range projection. So please delete those fits as they are missleading to new players.

I can see what the mission fits want to do, but they don't do it well. The "PvE Basic" fit is lacking a sensor booster to utilize the huge range of cruise missiles. If you suggest to swap resists according to the rats you face you should also use two specific hardeners instead of two invuls and an amplifier. The note towards EM resist for angel rats is just plainly wrong.
The "PvE T2" fit is generally better but has some immediate improvement potential. The idea is to MJD away so you don't get a lot of damage while killing the big rats with cruise missiles and the small rats with drones. Ab is in theory not needed but helpful if an MJD is aimed badly. The target painters are not idea though because if you MJD 100km away you are in their fall off. A guidance computer with precison script doesn't care about that though. I would also swap hardeners to fit the rats damage. My suggestion would be:
Spoiler
[Raven, PvE T2 copy]

Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster
Gist X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script
Gist X-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer, Missile Precision Script
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Micro Jump Drive

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
Small Tractor Beam I

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hornet II x5
Vespa II x5
Switch missiles and drones to hit the rats weakest resists. Switch hardeners to the rats damage. Tractor beam is there as you have to pick up stuff in some missions. If you feel like you don't need the afterburner because you aim your MJDs well anyways add a target painter. It's better than a second guidance computer to avoid stacking penalties. Meta down the launchers if you can't use T2. This should also open up fitting space so that you could use T2 mods for some of the meta mid slots.

Some people use Ravens for solo PvP. I don't like that so much. Someone who is into that should maybe suggest a fit there as a starting point for players who want to try that.