Kikimora

<<

Drebin 679

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2019.05.25 16:26

Kikimora

The Kikimora, a powerful kiting destroyer, was released in November of last year. However, there are no fits on the wiki pages, so lets rectify that.

There are two general archetypes of fit that I've seen off of zKill. EFT fittings below:

SAAR MWD Kikimora
SPOILER WARNING!
[Kikimora, SAAR MWD Kikimora]

Damage Control II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Light Entropic Disintegrator II, Mystic S
[Empty High slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II



Bling MSE MWD Kiki
SPOILER WARNING!
[Kikimora, Bling MSE MWD Kiki]

Entropic Radiation Sink II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor
Coreli A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender

Light Entropic Disintegrator II, Meson Exotic Plasma S
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II


With some fits swapping out a radiation sink for a Nanofiber or DCII, having different rigs, or having more or less bling. Are there any other fits that should be added?
Image Image Image
<<

Raido Kudonen

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2019.05.26 01:46

Re: Kikimora

Waffles and associated groups use a 10mn shield fit with Scalpels and Bifrosts for midsize roaming fleets. It's fit something like this:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Kikimora, waffles shield]

Damage Control II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Light Entropic Disintegrator II, Occult S
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
<<

Luca Goh

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2019.05.26 17:19

Re: Kikimora

Yup, those are the two Kiki archetypes for small gang. Other variations include swapping the second Radiation Sink for an Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane on the armor Kiki. I'd also always encourage folks to put an offlined probe launcher in the spare high slot when you don't have the fitting for anything else, because it can be a life saver.

It should be noted that the faction gun has slightly better range (~3 kms longer with Meson) than the T2, which while not radical can be helpful for maintaining your ramp while kiting especially when combined with Synth Frentix for a further slight boost in range. Faction guns will also be able to use T2 ammo soon(TM), a further boost to their viability. And the T2 skill book is pretty expensive.

The upcoming release includes a small nerf to the Kiki: the drone bay is being removed, the power grid is being reduced (by 4, I believe), and Mystic's tracking is being reduced. The power grid reduction makes the 10mn fit Raido posted tougher to achieve, as well as armor plate fits.

If you're considering posting those two fits to the wiki, I'd strongly encourage you to use a less blinged version of the shield Kiki, since there's nothing inherent about that fit that forces a more expensive version than the armor. This is the version I fly.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Kikimora, Luca Goh's Kikimora]
Damage Control II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Medium Shield Extender
Warp Disruptor II

Core Probe Launcher I,Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Light Veles Entropic Disintegrator,Baryon Exotic Plasma S

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Hornet EC-300 x1
Hornet EC-300 x1
Warrior II x2

The argument between the shield and armor Kiki boils down to DPS versus grid viability: the shield Kiki has to wait for its buffer to regen in order to come back on grid, whereas the armor can just rep up. The armor fit's cap booster can be huge against things like battleships with heavy neuts that can one shot your cap. I've heard it described that the shield Kiki's extra DPS is ideal for solo flying where you want to maximize your damage, whereas the armor fit is better for flying with a gang where you want maximize your presence on grid, which fits with my experience. I prefer the shield Kiki because yolo.

It's a fun ship to fly because the damage is massive especially once you've ramped and it maneuvers well. You have blaster-level tracking out to near 50 kms meaning you can melt tackle. It allows small gangs to really punch up and flying destroyers for dps keeps you mobile while roaming given the faster warp speed. At the same time it is an absolute glass cannon that has little staying power on grid beyond your ability to keep at range and kill things fast. It's strong in the right hands, but will die quickly in the case of piloting error.

An interesting alternative fit is this dual rep version, which I don't have any experience with but is worth considering. It benefits from bling a lot more than the shield fit does.
SPOILER WARNING!
[Kikimora, Boss Sausage KING's Kikimora]
Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer,Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor
Small Capacitor Booster II

Light Entropic Disintegrator II,Mystic S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Nanobot Accelerator II
<<

Dr Morgana

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2019.05.28 10:06

Re: Kikimora

Luca Goh wrote: I'd also always encourage folks to put an offlined probe launcher in the spare high slot when you don't have the fitting for anything else, because it can be a life saver.

Can you elaborate on that point for a newbro? Asking since it sounds it's not ship dependent strategy :)
"If a sword had memory, it might be grateful to the forge, but never fond of it."
<<

Drebin 679

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2019.05.28 16:19

Re: Kikimora

Luca Goh wrote:[...]

If you're considering posting those two fits to the wiki, I'd strongly encourage you to use a less blinged version of the shield Kiki, since there's nothing inherent about that fit that forces a more expensive version than the armor. This is the version I fly.

[...]



Sure thing. I felt like I saw more shield fits blinged on the killboard compared to the bling double armor rep version, which is why I presented it in the beginning.

Luca Goh wrote:
The argument between the shield and armor Kiki boils down to DPS versus grid viability: the shield Kiki has to wait for its buffer to regen in order to come back on grid, whereas the armor can just rep up. The armor fit's cap booster can be huge against things like battleships with heavy neuts that can one shot your cap. I've heard it described that the shield Kiki's extra DPS is ideal for solo flying where you want to maximize your damage, whereas the armor fit is better for flying with a gang where you want maximize your presence on grid, which fits with my experience. I prefer the shield Kiki because yolo.


That sounds like a pretty good explanation.

Dr Morgana wrote: Can you elaborate on that point for a newbro? Asking since it sounds it's not ship dependent strategy :)


I'll second this question. I saw a probe launcher on one of the fits that I used here, but I took it off due to the CPU utilization issue.
Image Image Image
<<

Luca Goh

Portrait

Member
Member

Post 2019.05.29 02:54

Re: Kikimora

Dr Morgana wrote:
Luca Goh wrote: I'd also always encourage folks to put an offlined probe launcher in the spare high slot when you don't have the fitting for anything else, because it can be a life saver.

Can you elaborate on that point for a newbro? Asking since it sounds it's not ship dependent strategy :)


Sure thing. For solo or small gang roaming in null sec where you're going into hostile space held by larger entities, there is the very real chance of getting camped into dead end systems or pockets by unengagable superior forces. Such chances are enhanced by the fact that often times such systems are popular ratting systems, meaning they are where activity is and thus where you want to go to gank ratters and try and provoke a fight. If you get camped into such systems (by hostile dictors or heavy interdiction cruisers, etc), you can use the probe launcher to potentially scan down a wormhole and find an exit. There isn't always a wormhole, but there often is, and any exit into low or high sec is safer than where you were, and without bubbles in such spaces you can burn back home. I've had it save my butt on several occasions.

I try to always include an off-lined probe launcher on any ship that has a utility high slot that I don't have spare fitting to make use of with an onlined module. This includes Kikimoras, Retributions, and the Magus fit I usually run. It can remain offline until needed, at which time I just offline something non-essential for escape purposes like a warp disruptor or a damage mod to free up the fitting space needed to online the probe launcher. It's not essential by any means, but incredibly helpful in a pinch when you need to make a tactical exit.

Drebin 679 wrote:Sure thing. I felt like I saw more shield fits blinged on the killboard compared to the bling double armor rep version, which is why I presented it in the beginning.


Yeah, that makes sense. It's probably more a reflection of the kinds of folks who generally fly them than anything else. Like I said, I just don't think a blinged Kiki gains a ton (unless you're abyssalling the Radiation Sinks for increased damage multipliers, which can have a significant effect given the Kiki's innately high damage), especially relative to some other ships which respond better to bling. If I was going to spend more on mine I would start with adding a Caldari Navy point, because it more than doubles the cap life and extra point range is always nice, but I've never really had the need. Also personally, as someone who is very far from space rich, I have a hard time spending more isk on a ship that dies so easily.

Return to Fittings Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Powered by Dediserve